HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Preds at Bruins, 11-28 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=31561)

barrytrotzsneck 11-27-2003 04:11 PM

Preds at Bruins, 11-28

just to remind everyone, this game starts at 11 am, CST

I'd say that I feel good about this one because our power play has been so hot while their penalty kill has struggled, recently...but that's what I said before the LA game. I have to work at 2(my time, eastern) so I'm going to miss the end :madfire: so hopefully you guys document the game pretty well in this thread, for my sake, at least :D

winning this game will vault us into a tie for 7th place, by the by.

hillbilly 11-27-2003 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids
just to remind everyone, this game starts at 11 am, CST

I'd say that I feel good about this one because our power play has been so hot while their penalty kill has struggled, recently...but that's what I said before the LA game. I have to work at 2(my time, eastern) so I'm going to miss the end :madfire: so hopefully you guys document the game pretty well in this thread, for my sake, at least :D

winning this game will vault us into a tie for 7th place, by the by.

I have to work at 12 eastern time:( and to think I volunteered for it. If I had known the preds game was coming on I wouldn't have

Basher 11-27-2003 08:21 PM

I'll do my best, but since I don't currently work, getting up is tougher than usual. I hope we come out intense, but I don't have the best feelin' about this one.

hipcheck85 11-28-2003 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basher
I'll do my best, but since I don't currently work, getting up is tougher than usual. I hope we come out intense, but I don't have the best feelin' about this one.

I'll be at work also. I'll be listening to it on the Radio so I'll try to update as soon as a can.

Radulov for Czar* 11-28-2003 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hipcheck85
I'll be at work also. I'll be listening to it on the Radio so I'll try to update as soon as a can.

Just got home from Best Buy, picked up a PDA and Simpsons Season 1 on DVD. Debating on a nap, or just winging it. (been up for 21 hours now.)

smashviller 11-28-2003 05:03 AM

I think that the Bruins will be prepared for us today., it doesn't look like anyone is just going to sneak up on them this season.

Hopefully, hard consistant work will get us a point today.

Have you seen Bergeron (sp?) play? I think he will be a solid NHLer.

smashviller 11-28-2003 07:07 AM

looks like its gonna be Raycroft vs Vokoun

littleD 11-28-2003 07:26 AM

1-1 in the first period so far. Thornton for Boston, and I think Legwand for Nashville.

Question about Jordin Tootoo. Is he a healthy scratch today, or does he have an injury of some sort?

Jarnberg 11-28-2003 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littleD
1-1 in the first period so far. Thornton for Boston, and I think Legwand for Nashville.

Question about Jordin Tootoo. Is he a healthy scratch today, or does he have an injury of some sort?

Healthy scratch

smashviller 11-28-2003 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smashviller
looks like its gonna be Raycroft vs Vokoun

2-1 Preds, goals from Leggy and Johnson

2nd PP coming up.

smashviller 11-28-2003 07:45 AM

Nashville 2-1 at the end of the first.

Dont know why Toots is scratched, he and his dad made the trip.

triggrman 11-28-2003 07:48 AM

If I had a guess I'd say it's because the Bruins are big up front, we're missing some size back on the blueline with Kloucek and Schnabel out, we don't really want Thorton and company really pissed, if they really start driving the net our smaller defensemen would have some trouble with them. Although looks like we're pissing them off anyway.

smashviller 11-28-2003 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman
If I had a guess I'd say it's because the Bruins are big up front, we're missing some size back on the blueline with Kloucek and Schnabel out, we don't really want Thorton and company really pissed, if they really start driving the net our smaller defensemen would have some trouble with them. Although looks like we're pissing them off anyway.

true.true.

Ive been reading around- its funny how we complain that the refs never call penalties on Star players, and how Teams with star players complain that refs never call penalties on the "smaller,less talented guys".

did you see the fake shot/drop pass that Eaton made, it was pretty nice.

Jarnberg 11-28-2003 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman

Alot of cheap shots everywhere from the Bruins and I love it. Bring it!

smashviller 11-28-2003 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by csstranger
Alot of cheap shots everywhere from the Bruins and I love it. Bring it!

both PKs are aggressive today, Preds on the PK, would love to see another shorthander

smashviller 11-28-2003 08:30 AM

Quote:

both PKs are aggressive today, Preds on the PK, would love to see another shorthander

2-1 Preds at the end of the 2nd

smashviller 11-28-2003 09:20 AM

Quote:

2-1 Preds at the end of the 2nd

WOOOOHOOOOO and YEEEEHAAAAA!

Preds win 2-1

Jarnberg 11-28-2003 09:29 AM

Good to see the boys go in to Boston and come out with 2 points. Too bad the Preds were outplayed after the first period; luckly the Preds escaped the storm. Our power play was simply horrible. Our PK was very good imo. Just think if we had dressed Tootoo and/or Brookbank today...

Basher 11-28-2003 09:47 AM

Koun stood on his bald head today. Simply put, he saved the game for us. I don't know what we were thinking trying to sit on a 2-1 lead for 2 periods with Thornton and co. tearing our D apart. Vokoun made save after save for us, and for that, we are thankful.

triggrman 11-28-2003 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basher
Koun stood on his bald head today. Simply put, he saved the game for us. I don't know what we were thinking trying to sit on a 2-1 lead for 2 periods with Thornton and co. tearing our D apart. Vokoun made save after save for us, and for that, we are thankful.

I don't know if it was us sitting on a lead as much as it was them taking it too us.

Vokoun easily first star of the game.

Hamhuis, Legwand, Hall and Hartnell also played well. Legwand seemed to have a good day in the faceoff circle too. That line has been really good together.

dulzhok 11-28-2003 10:07 AM

One of the most sloppy Predators wins ever. Yuck. We did not derserve 2 points tonight.

I'm sure Boston fans will be complaining about the refs, but their team played extermely undisciplined (blatant slashes, tripping, etc). They deserved the penalties. But it didn't matter. OUR POWERPLAY WAS UTTERLY ATROCIOUS. Honestly, how in the world are we 11th in the league in powerplay percentage? The only reasons are Kimmo and Zid, because are forwards look absolutely pathetic out there.

Why in the world is Erat back to getting 12 minutes of ice time a game? It just doesn't make sense. Meanwhile, Legwand is getting 7 minutes of poweplay time a game and throwing it down the toilet. The Hall-Legwand-Harntell powerplay line just doesn't work. Change it up already.

Finally, Vokoun. Gave us two points tonight. 7-1 in his last 8. I think he deserves some credit.

JF Omalycat 11-28-2003 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dulzhok
One of the most sloppy Predators wins ever. Yuck. We did not derserve 2 points tonight.

I'm sure Boston fans will be complaining about the refs, but their team played extermely undisciplined (blatant slashes, tripping, etc). They deserved the penalties. But it didn't matter. OUR POWERPLAY WAS UTTERLY ATROCIOUS. Honestly, how in the world are we 11th in the league in powerplay percentage? The only reasons are Kimmo and Zid, because are forwards look absolutely pathetic out there.

Why in the world is Erat back to getting 12 minutes of ice time a game? It just doesn't make sense. Meanwhile, Legwand is getting 7 minutes of poweplay time a game and throwing it down the toilet. The Hall-Legwand-Harntell powerplay line just doesn't work. Change it up already.

Finally, Vokoun. Gave us two points tonight. 7-1 in his last 8. I think he deserves some credit.

Take what you can get, man. Your team stole two points from a superior club. Congradts, Pred fans!!

Jarnberg 11-28-2003 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fan-o-45
Take what you can get, man. Your team stole two points from a superior club. Congradts, Pred fans!!

Exactly. It wasn't pretty, but we'll take it. Although some people get off to complaining.

I think everyone on the Preds should get the EXACT same amount of time on the ice, except for Legwand. Legwand should only get 30 seconds. :shakehead

Enoch 11-28-2003 12:03 PM

Missed both of the last two games, but I am extremely pleased that we won both! :yo: I was pretty sure the Preds would beat the Bruins, and I'm glad I was correct. :) Off to work now!!

triggrman 11-28-2003 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by csstranger
Exactly. It wasn't pretty, but we'll take it. Although some people get off to complaining.

I think everyone on the Preds should get the EXACT same amount of time on the ice, except for Legwand. Legwand should only get 30 seconds. :shakehead

I hope you're joking, he was our best forward today. He was huge on face-offs had 6 shots on net, had a goal (granted the play was set by Hall), a breakaway and finished plus 1? What more would you have wanted?

Oh and Erat I agree needs more ice time, especially on the powerplay get Murray off the powerplay put Erat in his place with Walker on the other side, leave the Hall, Legwand Hartnell line alone, it's been our best line the last few games. Arkhipov needs to pull the trigger more all that size, he needs to use it better.