HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Quintal out / Komi in (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=31675)

Bob Bastards 11-28-2003 07:21 AM

Quintal out / Komi in

From RDS, Quintal is sitting for the game tonight and Komi is pair with Souray. Poor Capitals player who will try to enter our zone when those two will be on the ice...

Andrei Kastsitsyn* 11-28-2003 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob ********
From RDS, Quintal is sitting for the game tonight and Komi is pair with Souray. Poor Capitals player who will try to enter our zone when those two will be on the ice...

My dream has come true!!! :handclap:

Mike Komisarek paired with Sheldon Souray, OMG *ejaculates all over the place* :rolly:

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yo:

The n00b King * 11-28-2003 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrei Kastsitsyn

Mike Komisarek paired with Sheldon Souray, OMG *ejaculates all over the place* :rolly:

ewwwwwwwww :cry:

Kirk Muller 11-28-2003 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob ********

Really its not that surprising that it is Quintal sitting. The guy is minus 6 over the last 3 games, and he was the DIRECT fault of most of the goals against. Some think Rivet should be sitting but at least over the last probably 8 games he has improved because he is playing less.

Bob Bastards 11-28-2003 08:13 AM

Quote:

*ejaculates all over the place*

OH JEEZ MAN, GO DO THAT IN YOUR OWN THREAD!!!!
EWWWWWW!!

Dripper 11-28-2003 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nash13
Really its not that surprising that it is Quintal sitting. The guy is minus 6 over the last 3 games, and he was the DIRECT fault of most of the goals against. Some think Rivet should be sitting but at least over the last probably 8 games he has improved because he is playing less.

Since he's been paired with Bouillon, Rivet is playing better. It's well known that he can be an effective 5th-6th Dman on a bunch of teams, problem is the $3M he earns. Ironnically, getting less ice-time and playing in less-crucial situations made him a more useful player on this team. And that's why Hainsey has been relegated to the AHL, I don't know why but Rivet plays well now that he's with Bouillon. :teach:

And Souray + Komisarek = Crash & Bang = :yo: :handclap: for us

Wildbeliefs 11-28-2003 08:55 AM

As a wise man once said, "I pity the fool" that tries to get close to our net when Souray/Komi are on the ice... :)

I just hope Souray will have one of his "on" games tonight though... because if he has a bad night (which he tends to have now and then), it'll be tough for Komi to look good and solidify a spot on the roster.

habsfansam 11-28-2003 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wildbeliefs
As a wise man once said, "I pity the fool" that tries to get close to our net when Souray/Komi are on the ice... :)

I just hope Souray will have one of his "on" games tonight though... because if he has a bad night (which he tends to have now and then), it'll be tough for Komi to look good and solidify a spot on the roster.

I'm not sure this is about Komi securing a roster spot... if BG runs this the way that he did in Dallas then Komi will be back in Hamilton even if he is successful. When he has several successful call-ups in a row then i think bob will look into "securing" a spot for Komisarek.

OR,

I'm hoping Komi plays well enough to force BG's hand into keeping him around permanently... i don't think this is likely, but i hope komi uses this opportunity well.

GO HABS!

Wildbeliefs 11-28-2003 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habsfansam
I'm hoping Komi plays well enough to force BG's hand into keeping him around permanently... i don't think this is likely, but i hope komi uses this opportunity well.

GO HABS!

That's also what I'm hoping for, which is I wish for Komi to get all the help he can... it couldn't hurt, after all.

417 11-28-2003 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habsfansam
I'm not sure this is about Komi securing a roster spot... if BG runs this the way that he did in Dallas then Komi will be back in Hamilton even if he is successful. When he has several successful call-ups in a row then i think bob will look into "securing" a spot for Komisarek.

OR,

GO HABS!

If he's matched up with Souray that means that komisarek will get alot of playing time, i'd like to see, Markov-Komisarek and Souray-Brisebois though...but I guess Komi and SOuray will be a menacing duo!

any idea on how the forward lines look like tonight?

Wildbeliefs 11-28-2003 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
If he's matched up with Souray that means that komisarek will get alot of playing time, i'd like to see, Markov-Komisarek and Souray-Brisebois though...but I guess Komi and SOuray will be a menacing duo!

any idea on how the forward lines look like tonight?

I'm really not sure about breaking up the Markov-Brisebois duo just yet... that pairing seems to have done wonders for Markov's confidence and play. Why fix it if it ain't broke?

Wildbeliefs 11-28-2003 09:26 AM

You know, I quickly scanned through the talkbacks on RDS about this, and I find it pretty funny how practically every single one of them are blasting Rivet, Koivu (cuz he's buddies with Rivet), and CJ for not benching Rivet instead.

One guy even proposed that maybe it's because Rivet is english and the ENGLISH media hold so much sway over the Habs... :joker:

You really have to wonder sometimes if these so-called fans on RDS actually exist or it's some guy that works for RDS that writes up this crap...

Blackshad 11-28-2003 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaolin_goon
ewwwwwwwww :cry:

Yeah eewwwwww!

Habsolument 11-28-2003 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wildbeliefs
You know, I quickly scanned through the talkbacks on RDS about this, and I find it pretty funny how practically every single one of them are blasting Rivet, Koivu (cuz he's buddies with Rivet), and CJ for not benching Rivet instead.

One guy even proposed that maybe it's because Rivet is english and the ENGLISH media hold so much sway over the Habs... :joker:

You really have to wonder sometimes if these so-called fans on RDS actually exist or it's some guy that works for RDS that writes up this crap...

I've read a few post, pretty funny. We all know the english media rules over the habs :joker: Anyway it's good move and we'll finally be able to see Komi play.

Habber 11-28-2003 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dripper
Since he's been paired with Bouillon, Rivet is playing better. It's well known that he can be an effective 5th-6th Dman on a bunch of teams, problem is the $3M he earns. Ironnically, getting less ice-time and playing in less-crucial situations made him a more useful player on this team.

What are "Effective" & "Useful"?
-Two words rarely heard when describing the play of Craig Rivet.

Just hackin on ya Dripper.:joker:

I think Rivet's play has improved as well the last few games and Q-ball is definately the one to be sitting. Let's hope Komi scrambles a few brains out there tonight.

Andrei Kastsitsyn* 11-28-2003 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dripper
Since he's been paired with Bouillon, Rivet is playing better. It's well known that he can be an effective 5th-6th Dman on a bunch of teams, problem is the $3M he earns. Ironnically, getting less ice-time and playing in less-crucial situations made him a more useful player on this team. And that's why Hainsey has been relegated to the AHL, I don't know why but Rivet plays well now that he's with Bouillon. :teach:

And Souray + Komisarek = Crash & Bang = :yo: :handclap: for us

Guys one thing i would like to say, that i ahve noticed about Craigy Rivet, is that basicly, monkey see, monkey do, if he sees Bouillon hitting, he will hit, if Bouillon isn't hitting, he will not hit, thats the guy of player he is. So being paired with Bouillon is best for him.

didjuicythat 11-28-2003 10:09 AM

As much as I like Quintal as a person and as a team player, I think this is a good thing for him to be scratched. He knows he's not played so great in the past few games (i.e. the three games the habs played in the canadian west) and I do think it's going to be a motivation source for Stephane. This guy has the CH tattoed on his heart, I know he'll come back strong when given the opportunity.

As far as I'm concerned, this is a win-win situation; either Komisarek plays well and earns a regular spot, or Quintal comes back in the line up more determinated than ever. :)

Mike The Wall 11-28-2003 10:44 AM

Komi and Souray will look good out there but they can't go out there and look for the big hits and take themselves out of position they have to play responsible and I also believe that if Souray will be Komi's mentor it will be a good thing.

Souray is one of the future team leaders and I believe Komi will learn alot from him.

Team_Spirit 11-28-2003 11:02 AM

Interesting ...

On RDS.ca the pool of the day is :

Who should sit to let Komisarek play ?

Brisebois : 4%

Quintal : 10%

Rivet : 86%

Hope the management take notice of this .

Habsolument 11-28-2003 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
Interesting ...
Hope the management take notice of this .

They should? I mean, since when is the RDS poll good information

Habber 11-28-2003 11:40 AM

Quote:

Guys one thing i would like to say, that i ahve noticed about Craigy Rivet, is that basicly, monkey see, monkey do, if he sees Bouillon hitting, he will hit, if Bouillon isn't hitting, he will not hit, thats the guy of player he is. So being paired with Bouillon is best for him.

I don't know where you got that from. This statement is way off base IMO.

With that logic, he should be an offensive dynamo playing with Markov.

Andrei Kastsitsyn* 11-28-2003 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habber
I don't know where you got that from. This statement is way off base IMO.

With that logic, he should be an offensive dynamo playing with Markov.

Oh my god, you know what i meant, you freakin smart ass!

Habs4Life 11-28-2003 12:04 PM

Quote:

Judging from your avatar and the sick remark you must be the biggest pervert on these boards!

Team_Spirit 11-28-2003 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsolument
They should? I mean, since when is the RDS poll good information

If you think Rivet is better than Quintal it's your problem . I think sit Rivet for one game will light his ass and he'll start play physical or be aware in his own zone ... at least .

Habsolument 11-28-2003 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
If you think Rivet is better than Quintal it's your problem . I think sit Rivet for one game will light his ass and he'll start play physical or be aware in his own zone ... at least .

yeah I guess you're right, it may help Rivet but the point is Quintal is -6 in the last 3 games.