HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Carolina Hurricanes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Will Larose ever score again? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=316766)

Goose 11-29-2006 06:26 PM

Will Larose ever score again?

He put up good numbers in junior, and a year ago I picked him up in my keeper pool (very deep league, 28 man rosters and a 20 man farm team, plus a reserve of 5 players, so 20 teams x 53 players), in the hopes he'd rediscover some of his offensive touch.

What do you think? Time to dump him (this pool ONLY rewards goals and assists), or will he ever be a 40 point guy?

Cardiac_Canes 11-29-2006 11:40 PM

Right now I can't imagine him becoming a 40pt scorer in the nhl and it feels weird when taking into consideration the stats he's put up in the past. He doesn't look like he has the offensive skills we know he does. Whether or not it'll translate into working against tougher opposition, well only time will tell that but I don't see him scoring more than maybe 5 g's and 20 a's any time soon. At least not by the time his contract is up here.

Vagrant 11-30-2006 01:18 AM

The same knocks that were made about Martin St. Louis are being made about Chad Larose. Players that are small are often harder to bring the offense. He really hasn't been given a whole lot of a chance on the powerplay to show his stuff. I wouldn't drop him yet. When Carolina made this signing, they made it based on the offensive output that Larose made at the Junior Level. That skill hasn't gone away. He's just focusing his game on other aspects like killing penalties. If or when Carolina needs him to step into a third line role, there is no telling where his natural skill set will take him.

caniacgirl12 11-30-2006 08:24 AM

LaRose does fit into the role that is required of him...hes one of those agitators that we throw out there on the PK.

His linemates on the Lawyers line (Adams, Adams and Larose) aren't very offensive either, which probably has something to do with it.

The kid works very very hard every shift...he just can't ever seem to score a goal. Its definitly not for lack of trying, I think he just needs to balance his defensive and offensive game a little better.

DeputyDan 11-30-2006 10:14 AM

Not even in a house of ill repute................

With $1,000 in cash

JustJoe2k5 12-03-2006 11:18 AM

I love his current line, with Eric Belanger and Trevor Letowski. All three really seem to have a natural chemistry and sense where each other are on the ice. While the line has already started to become effective, I think late in the season and into the playoffs this line will make an even larger impact. ALOT of offensive potential between those three.

robotron2084 12-03-2006 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustJoe2k5 (Post 7245284)
I love his current line, with Eric Belanger and Trevor Letowski. All three really seem to have a natural chemistry and sense where each other are on the ice. While the line has already started to become effective, I think late in the season and into the playoffs this line will make an even larger impact. ALOT of offensive potential between those three.

Too funny. I just responded to your post in the Ladd thread about this line.