HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Cliche (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=317126)

Teal392511 11-30-2006 05:20 PM

Cliche

Marc-Andre Cliche... I don't know why but I desperately want him to make the NHL someday... Marc... Andre... Cliche!
Tell me more about this guy. I saw that he was on the summer roster for WJC, is he likely to make the team?

Also in junior news, all hockey fans should keep an eye out on Calgary prospect Leland Irving and his 16-2-1 record, 5SOs so far for the Everett Silvertips of the WHL.

Thirty One 11-30-2006 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teal392511 (Post 7218440)
Marc-Andre Cliche... I don't know why but I desperately want him to make the NHL someday... Marc... Andre... Cliche!
Tell me more about this guy.

he always gives it 110%, plays every game like it's game 7. hopefully he can do all the little things and it will translate at the next level.

old joke, I know

eco's bones 11-30-2006 05:31 PM

I expect the Rangers will sign him and he'll turn pro next year--hopefully in Hartford--not Charlotte. He'll need at the very least a whole season there. He looks like a good prospect at this point. Top upside as a 2nd liner. He's having his second very good season in a row after being drafted.

Bluenote13 11-30-2006 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teal392511 (Post 7218440)
Tell me more about this guy. I saw that he was on the summer roster for WJC, is he likely to make the team?

Also in junior news, all hockey fans should keep an eye out on Calgary prospect Leland Irving and his 16-2-1 record, 5SOs so far for the Everett Silvertips of the WHL.

Playing phenomenal goal, was easily my favorite goalie from last years draft, had him rated #14 overall, #1 rated goalie.

Edge 12-01-2006 11:58 AM

Looks like his upside is a solid second line winger. Nothing too fancy, but a solid, hard working winger.

His game is going to need time to mature and there will be adjustments made at the pro level.

VisionQuest* 12-01-2006 12:14 PM

Leland's good, I still maintain Bernier has a bigger upside, his being the #1 goalie in the Q does nothing to change my mind.

BobMarleyNYR 12-01-2006 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edge (Post 7227539)
Nothing too fancy, but a solid, hard working winger.

Dare I call him a Cliche type of player? :innocent:

Fletch 12-01-2006 04:31 PM

I know little about him, but...

are his numbers that good, considering he's in the Q? Also, he's pretty much on pace for the same production as last season; almost identical. Has anything changed with the team, his linemates, etc., to say that equal production doesn't necessarily mean he hasn't improved offensively from year to year?

Seems like a nice pick, based on his numbers. Drafted after a season in which he had under 20 points and exploded for over 82 - that's nice to see.

xander 12-01-2006 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fletch (Post 7229991)
are his numbers that good, considering he's in the Q? Also, he's pretty much on pace for the same production as last season; almost identical. Has anything changed with the team, his linemates, etc., to say that equal production doesn't necessarily mean he hasn't improved offensively from year to year?

Seems like a nice pick, based on his numbers. Drafted after a season in which he had under 20 points and exploded for over 82 - that's nice to see.

I do know that he was named capitan this year, so at the very least he's putting up the same numbers while also playing a leadership role. As to who his linemates are or how that might be affecting his scoring, I really can't say.

Fletch 12-01-2006 05:04 PM

That's good to know, Xander...

Sather's done a good job finding these character guys (hopefully some work out). Now he needs to find Jagr's replacement in 3-5 years.

in the hall 12-01-2006 05:16 PM

not sure if i remember this correctly but i believe he was injured his draft year and people were saying had he not been injured he could have made it into the first round

SPORTSMANIAC 12-01-2006 05:57 PM

I was stunned when Rangers took him 2nd round but he is becoming a steal in the draft.

BigE 12-01-2006 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in the hall (Post 7230344)
not sure if i remember this correctly but i believe he was injured his draft year and people were saying had he not been injured he could have made it into the first round

He was injured for most of that year: played something like 16 games I think.

A great deal of skill although not mind blowing. From what I've seen he's kind of a perimeter player, but he drives wide very well. That's through one or two games and a handful of internet clips. If you're interested go to the MAINiac website.