HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Why the hell posters judging Kiivu now??? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=31742)

Habs4ever 11-28-2003 12:01 PM

Why the hell posters judging Koivu now???
 
he has been best habs forward as long as I can remember, Last five years we have had gone through so many forwards only Koivu remains. And now posters say he's slow thats more then ridiculous, if he was so slow and worthless then how did he survive this many years with les Glorieux, and how could posters expect him to make us contender, its team that wins games and though he's no Kovalchuck he can be very dominant if he had someone like Kovalchuck along side him playing. Koivu has been given mediocre team to play with year after year, I don't think getting Juneau, Dackell or even Perrault made us contenders they were just plaster over lost talent for some time. I'm not saying Koivu is Superstar but he's done he's dues and given so much to this organization its not even funny, and unlike other players he has talent to stay on top for next five years if he likes, I would have hard time picturing him playing in another team, BG would get killed if his first move was to move Koivu with so many distractions Koivu is maybe the last player from the roster BG might consider trading atleast for now.

Wildbeliefs 11-28-2003 12:04 PM

Why are posters judging Koivu? :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

I wonder what these same people were saying about him last season as he was racking up points...

Habs4Life 11-28-2003 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs4ever
he has been best habs forward as long as I can remember, Last five years we have had gone through so many forwards only Koivu remains. And now posters say he's slow thats more then ridiculous, if he was so slow and worthless then how did he survive this many years with les Glorieux, and how could posters expect him to make us contender, its team that wins games and though he's no Kovalchuck he can be very dominant if he had someone like Kovalchuck along side him playing. Koivu has been given mediocre team to play with year after year, I don't think getting Juneau, Dackell or even Perrault made us contenders they were just plaster over lost talent for some time. I'm not saying Koivu is Superstar but he's done he's dues and given so much to this organization its not even funny, and unlike other players he has talent to stay on top for next five years if he likes, I would have hard time picturing him playing in another team, BG would get killed if his first move was to move Koivu with so many distractions Koivu is maybe the last player from the roster BG might consider trading atleast for now.

I think it's because some people wanna trade him for a proven power foward
So far i haven't seen any people judging him

Marchy79 11-28-2003 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs4Life
I think it's because some people wanna trade him for a proven power foward
So far i haven't seen any people judging him

Trading Koivu will not solve that problem, and weaken our talent department heavily...

BTW, it was Koivu's team that ousted Thornton 2 years ago...
Just as it was Gaborik's who ousted 'Big Bad Bert'

Power Forwards are nice, but they certainly do not mean the difference from a Cup, It takes the heart of a champion (these guys are the true rarities) Until they realize that Koivu is cut from that cloth... The talk will continue

theo6060 11-28-2003 12:32 PM

Boredom. That would be my excuse for them. Just like the media.

BLONG7 11-28-2003 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs4ever
he has been best habs forward as long as I can remember, Last five years we have had gone through so many forwards only Koivu remains. And now posters say he's slow thats more then ridiculous, if he was so slow and worthless then how did he survive this many years with les Glorieux, and how could posters expect him to make us contender, its team that wins games and though he's no Kovalchuck he can be very dominant if he had someone like Kovalchuck along side him playing. Koivu has been given mediocre team to play with year after year, I don't think getting Juneau, Dackell or even Perrault made us contenders they were just plaster over lost talent for some time. I'm not saying Koivu is Superstar but he's done he's dues and given so much to this organization its not even funny, and unlike other players he has talent to stay on top for next five years if he likes, I would have hard time picturing him playing in another team, BG would get killed if his first move was to move Koivu with so many distractions Koivu is maybe the last player from the roster BG might consider trading atleast for now.

Well said, Koivu hopefully isn't going anywhere! :yo:

Bud The Spud* 11-28-2003 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theo6060
Boredom. That would be my excuse for them. Just like the media.

Yeah boredom and there has to be a different person to judge each time to keep things interesting.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:41 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.