HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Trade Proposal LA/Van (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=31744)

membleypeg 11-28-2003 12:03 PM

Trade Proposal LA/Van
 
To LA - Slegr+Ruutu+Koltsov
To Van - Boyle+Flynn+Aulin

Reasons LA

- Slegr can log 20 minutes a game and can chip in with PP points. Fills the need for a # 5 guy.
- Ruutu gives LA a solid checking 3rd line winger who can pop a few goals.
- Koltsov gives LA an offensive defenseman in the system, possible future power play quarterback.

Reasons Van

- Boyle gives Van a physical defenseman prospect in the system.
- Flynn gives Van an enforcer for the 4th line.
- Aulin in a offensive prospect that may prosper in the offensive system that Vancouver uses.

IkeaMonkey* 11-28-2003 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by membleypeg
To LA - Slegr+Ruutu+Koltsov
To Van - Boyle+Flynn+Aulin


- Boyle gives Van a physical defenseman prospect in the system.

Ummmm Brian Boyle? Last time I checked, he was a center...

NFITO 11-28-2003 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by membleypeg
To LA - Slegr+Ruutu+Koltsov
To Van - Boyle+Flynn+Aulin

Reasons LA

- Slegr can log 20 minutes a game and can chip in with PP points. Fills the need for a # 5 guy.
- Ruutu gives LA a solid checking 3rd line winger who can pop a few goals.
- Koltsov gives LA an offensive defenseman in the system, possible future power play quarterback.

Reasons Van

- Boyle gives Van a physical defenseman prospect in the system.
- Flynn gives Van an enforcer for the 4th line.
- Aulin in a offensive prospect that may prosper in the offensive system that Vancouver uses.

looks like a horrible deal for Vancouver... the only thing there that helps us maybe now is the enforcer, but that's way too much to pay for an enforcer...

I would rather keep Koltsov, who's still our best defense prospect in the system...

Sam 11-28-2003 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by membleypeg
To LA - Slegr+Ruutu+Koltsov
To Van - Boyle+Flynn+Aulin

Reasons LA

- Slegr can log 20 minutes a game and can chip in with PP points. Fills the need for a # 5 guy.
- Ruutu gives LA a solid checking 3rd line winger who can pop a few goals.
- Koltsov gives LA an offensive defenseman in the system, possible future power play quarterback.

Reasons Van

- Boyle gives Van a physical defenseman prospect in the system.
- Flynn gives Van an enforcer for the 4th line.
- Aulin in a offensive prospect that may prosper in the offensive system that Vancouver uses.

Bad deal from a Kings perspective.

Slegr was signed as a UFA. If the Kings really wanted him, they would have signed him. He's played a whole 8 of 24 Canucks games and averaged 13:15 of ice time so it's not as if Slegr has increased his value. He has minimal value (a mid round pick) at best.

Ruutu is a fourth line pest with two points in twenty games, and the Kings already have the agitator role filled with Avery.

Kolstov is the best prospect in the deal IMO but is not worth both Aulin and Boyle.

Valuewise, the deal is something like

Kolstov
Aulin
Boyle

Ruutu

Flinn/Slegr

NFITO 11-28-2003 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam
Bad deal from a Kings perspective.

Slegr was signed as a UFA. If the Kings really wanted him, they would have signed him. He's played a whole 8 of 24 Canucks games and averaged 13:15 of ice time so it's not as if Slegr has increased his value. He has minimal value (a mid round pick) at best.

Ruutu is a fourth line pest with two points in twenty games, and the Kings already have the agitator role filled with Avery.

Kolstov is the best prospect in the deal IMO but is not worth both Aulin and Boyle.

Valuewise, the deal is something like

Kolstov
Aulin
Boyle

Ruutu

Flinn/Slegr

good... cause I think this is a bad deal for the Canucks POV as well... Slegr will be handy for us... he's only played in 8 games, cause we have only had 2-3 man games lost to injury in total to our defense this season - which won't last... and he's a vet that we could use this year when the injuries hit - better than adding a prospect to fill that role. the only reason he doesn't play more is because of our depth on defense - Ohlund, Malik and Allen down the left side makes it very hard for him to crack the lineup.

Aulin is nice, but our roster is young... we don't really need him... with Morrison, Sedin, Chubarov down the middle we're set for a while... and Kesler and Reid are after that...

Ruutu has been handy for us this year too.

Sam 11-28-2003 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nuckfan in TO
good... cause I think this is a bad deal for the Canucks POV as well... Slegr will be handy for us... he's only played in 8 games, cause we have only had 2-3 man games lost to injury in total to our defense this season - which won't last... and he's a vet that we could use this year when the injuries hit - better than adding a prospect to fill that role. the only reason he doesn't play more is because of our depth on defense - Ohlund, Malik and Allen down the left side makes it very hard for him to crack the lineup.

Aulin is nice, but our roster is young... we don't really need him... with Morrison, Sedin, Chubarov down the middle we're set for a while... and Kesler and Reid are after that...

Ruutu has been handy for us this year too.

That's about what I figured. The Canucks are a contending team and should not be trading roster players (well, with Ruutu anyway) for prospects. On the other hand, the Kings will struggle to make the playoffs if the injury list continually has around 5-6 (or more) players. Trading good prospects for role players would be a bad idea from a Kings' perspective.

LaVal 11-28-2003 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam
Slegr was signed as a UFA. If the Kings really wanted him, they would have signed him.

no they couldn't. Slegr would only sign with the Canucks. last season he parked himself here and skated in Vancouver asking his agent to get something done with us. on an interview he said something like "would somebody please tell them i'm here". meanwhile Atlanta was offering him well over a million per season and he opted to play in Russia instead. this season he asked his agent to hammer something out with Burke and they came to an agreement as he took considerably less to play here.

he was bound and determined to play here. he is a capable #5 dman but the Canucks are too deep on defense. if he is traded i would suspect he might bolt to Russia anyways.

20 minutes i doubt. he's gifted offensively but is average in his own zone and i doubt a team would want him on the ice for 20+ minutes.

but like you said... the deal makes no sense for either team. value wise however it's not bad.

Frolov 11-28-2003 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by membleypeg
Reasons LA

- Slegr can log 20 minutes a game and can chip in with PP points. Fills the need for a # 5 guy.

He wasn't even in the NHL last season and and we coulda hve had him for nothing but cash.

Quote:

- Ruutu gives LA a solid checking 3rd line winger who can pop a few goals.
King's have alot of 3rd liners and with Avery in the lineup there is no need for Ruutu.
Quote:

- Koltsov gives LA an offensive defenseman in the system, possible future power play quarterback.
Thats nice but he isn't worth Boyle and Aulin. Specialy when we have a more complete version of Kolstov in Denis Grebeshkov.

Quote:

Reasons Van

- Boyle gives Van a physical defenseman prospect in the system.
Boyle is a 6-7 monster center. If all goes well he could be the Chara of forwards. Some Kings fans called him a bust draft day but they quickly changed their opinions when they saw him play a couple of games. This guy stays with the Kings.

Face Wash 11-28-2003 03:37 PM

I see the "High Risk" here for the Kings... But where's the "High Reward"?? :dunno:

LA Kings Rule 11-28-2003 05:35 PM

Bad deal for the Kings, the only guy i would want form the Canucks is Koltsov. Giving up Boyle and Aulien is too much. Ruutu is a good 4th liner but we have too many of those, Sleger is someone that the Kings are not interested in (in my opinion) since they could have had him for nothing at the beginning of the year.

The Produce Man 11-28-2003 10:43 PM

No from both sides, IMO.

But man, wouldn't a line with Ruutu and Avery on it drive you nuts? :D

NFITO 11-29-2003 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LA Kings Rule
Sleger is someone that the Kings are not interested in (in my opinion) since they could have had him for nothing at the beginning of the year.

so how many times does this get said before it's realized that it just doesn't work like that????

I mean it's so obvious that the Canucks, Kings, and 27 other teams had *NO* interest in Kariya or Selanne, since they could have just had them for free if they wanted them, right???

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaVal575
Slegr would only sign with the Canucks. last season he parked himself here and skated in Vancouver asking his agent to get something done with us. on an interview he said something like "would somebody please tell them i'm here". meanwhile Atlanta was offering him well over a million per season and he opted to play in Russia instead. this season he asked his agent to hammer something out with Burke and they came to an agreement as he took considerably less to play here.

he was bound and determined to play here. he is a capable #5 dman but the Canucks are too deep on defense. if he is traded i would suspect he might bolt to Russia anyways.

:teach:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:02 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.