HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Minnesota Wild (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Gameday thread: Ducks @ Wild, Nov. 30 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=31747)

theo6060 11-28-2003 01:29 PM

Gameday thread: Ducks @ Wild, Nov. 30

Sorry everyone, I thought the Sharks game was tonight, not this afternoon.

Wild record 8-12-3.
Ducks record 7-7-3-5.

I'm going to guess we beat them in overtime, seems to be a trend this season for them. 2-1.

Schultz and Burns with goals.

ceber 11-28-2003 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theo6060

Wild record 8-12-3.
Ducks record 7-7-3-5.

I'm going to guess we beat them in overtime, seems to be a trend this season for them. 2-1.

I dunno.. I don't think the holes are patched yet. I'm going to go with the Ducks, 3-1. Over on the wild.com boards a lot of people seem down on the D, but I think most of our problems are on the offensive side, and I don't see those problems disappearing just yet. Still struggling and searching for a some chemistry.

On a side note, I think the team is playing about how they should be expected to play. A bit worse, I guess, but not amazingly worse. Just a bit of a slump. Defensively we're ok, offensively there are sparks now and then. I find myself expecting us to play close games against good teams, and just flat out beat the average teams. I need to convince myself that despite last year's great run, this is an average team. Nothing wrong with that, there are a lot of average teams. Average is fine, no reason to expect to be consistently better than average in the 4th season, is there?

theo6060 11-28-2003 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceber
I need to convince myself that despite last year's great run, this is an average team. Nothing wrong with that, there are a lot of average teams. Average is fine, no reason to expect to be consistently better than average in the 4th season, is there?

I think one of the problem's with the playoff run last year is perhaps the bar is raised a bit higher this year. This team may not be ready to take on those high expectations. It sucks as a fan to be given a ride like this but not much you can do. One of my fantasy hockey teams started 18-2 in the first year of its existance, now they're tailing off into the average team that they are. Frustrating!

DW 11-29-2003 08:03 AM

I'm not entirely sure what's really going on with the offense. You'll see some flashes that things are turning around some then it's 2 shots on goal in what seems like an enternity.

I would have to agree that last years run has made it sort of impossible to live upto the billing for this season. They do have some holes to fill on D for sure, but they have played average most of the season IMO. Like Ceber said, it's not entirely the D's fault when you know if you give up 2 goals that there is a chance that your going to lose. Ok, he didn't quite say it like that, I just thought I would add my $.02 along with his statement.

So, I'll go 2-0 Ducks. I just think things are going to be rough for a little while. That would be kind of a lousy homestand, going 0-4. Don't worry though, I havn't even been close so far on my predictions.

Jerky Leclerc 11-30-2003 09:43 AM

Should be a good game tonight boys. Good luck and hopefully my Ducks will pull out a win. :)

Randall Graves* 11-30-2003 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theo6060

Wild record 8-12-3.
Ducks record 7-7-3-5.

the ducks have 8 wins, losing in OT does seem to be the trend for the ducks but if your losing in the third period just remember the ducks always have a third period meltdown and then Sergei Fedorov has to save the team.

i'm guessing we see a boring,trapping,low scoring game with a low amount of shots.

Spankatola Jamnuts* 11-30-2003 11:47 AM

Funny...the two teams' records would be identical if the Ducks hadn't managed to hold off losing until OT 5 times.

wildslip 11-30-2003 12:49 PM

I think wild win 4-2 and roloson plays a deceint game until third.
Gaborik, Diagle 2, Brunette.
The wild have been have some problem of late and i think the players only meeting they had will shake them to this win.

ceber 12-01-2003 07:28 AM

Well, that was a much better game than I expected. Nice to see some chances generated, and a point at least. Still in dire need of scoring, but it's not like the Ducks are soft defensively. At least they're hitting the road with something positive to build on. This next week will probably be a pretty tough stretch of games. Hopefully they'll continue to improve and work hard.