HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Where it's at in Montreal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=31846)

Bo 11-28-2003 07:27 PM

Where it's at in Montreal

Most people are more excited to see Mike Komisarek than the rest of the team combined.

Star power.

Mike8 11-28-2003 08:01 PM

More like prospect power.

People get excited when they hear the word 'potential'. Ryder had the board buzzing earlier this year; Ward at the end of last year; Perezhogin last christmas.

CrAzYNiNe 11-28-2003 08:09 PM

Well we haven't had a player like Komo, well ever. He's big, he plays big, he kills people, isn't afraid of anyone. Besides Souray, who on the habs play like that? No one, and not to mention that style fo game is so exciting.

StanleyCH25 11-28-2003 08:12 PM

Steve Begin plays like that. At least I think so. :)

CrAzYNiNe 11-28-2003 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patp77
Steve Begin plays like that. At least I think so. :)

I mean with his size. Begin and Bouillon play to kill, but can't cause they are small. Komi just man handles them. Begin plays hard, but watch Komi just kill them, not the same.

Andrei Kastsitsyn* 11-28-2003 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY_NiNe
I mean with his size. Begin and Bouillon play to kill, but can't cause they are small. Komi just man handles them. Begin plays hard, but watch Komi just kill them, not the same.

Hell yuuuuuueh,

Komisarek is a monster, and we can all see now why he is our top prospect. Not only man handling people, but he can do it all pretty much.

Guy Caballero 11-28-2003 09:18 PM

Quote:

Well we haven't had a player like Komo, well ever. He's big, he plays big, he kills people, isn't afraid of anyone. Besides Souray, who on the habs play like that? No one, and not to mention that style fo game is so exciting.

Uh...there was once this guy named Larry Robinson.

Bo 11-28-2003 09:51 PM

Actually Robinson started out much slower as a pro. As a 20 year old in the AHL, he had just 24 points in 74 games. Komisarek had 30 points in 56 games. Robinson turned it on in his second AHL season and played in Montreal for the last half of his second pro season.

Also, when Robinson was drafted he was 6-3, 195. I think that Komo was 6-4, 245 or something. 50 pounds difference at the saem age.

Habs 11-28-2003 10:13 PM

Quote:

Well we haven't had a player like Komo, well ever. He's big, he plays big, he kills people, isn't afraid of anyone.

I'm a big fan of Komo, and his potential, but we must be realistic. We have had players with potential before, but they never panned out.

He does remind me of a young Chelios at times... and I say this not proposing he is the next Chelios.

He will make mistakes, but he is poised with the puck, unlike many others on our backend. I'm certain the AHL is not helping him... he seems to thrive on NHL pressure and situations.. I like that.

I hope they let him stay, and learn the game. I really would rather watch him make mistakes, than Quintal at this point.

CrAzYNiNe 11-28-2003 10:36 PM

When I said ever, I was more likke "ever in recent histry or last 10 years"

My mistake