HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Where would they go? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=31847)

Gibsons Finest 11-28-2003 07:30 PM

Where would they go?

I notice both Lindros and Kovalev are UFAs at the end of the season. So, should the Rangers not be in the playoff hunt, where do you think they may go?

I figure Lindros will end up in T-O. Even if the Rags are slightly in a playoff hunt. The guy really wants to go there, or so I've heard. In Philly, he was practicing with the Leafs urging them to trade him there. He may tell Slats thats where he's going next season and Slats may trade him there to get something for him.

Kovalev is a mystery. I figure maybe the Wings, if injuries occur to people like Stevie Y and/or Shanny. Since he's UFA, the Avs may take a gamle on him if Foppa's injury problems are with him at the deadline. T-O may also take a chance on him, as he'd benefit the team. Then all those people who got their Kovalev Leafs jerseys, after hearing all the rumors last year on thats where he'll go, can wear them.

What do y'all think?

*Also, just a little note here. This was the main trade rumor at the trade deadline before Lindros was traded:

To Toronto:
Eric Lindros

To St.Louis:
Sergei Berezin

To Philadelphia:
Pavol Demitra

Man, that looks like one scary trade, looking at it now.

BlueAndWhite 11-28-2003 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ducksflytogether

*Also, just a little note here. This was the main trade rumor at the trade deadline before Lindros was traded:

To Toronto:
Eric Lindros

To St.Louis:
Sergei Berezin

To Philadelphia:
Pavol Demitra

I have never heard that rumour in my entire life; not once was it ever mentioned in the Toronto media. Everything revolved around Markov, Antropov, 1st, Kaberle, etc - even possibly Yushkevich.

Howard35 11-28-2003 09:05 PM

depending on what the CBA does, with hasek and chelios leaving alone, and cujo being delt im guessing, thats almost a good 20 million bucks freed up with only 3 guys... wings might as well be huge players in the UFA market next year like usual

c-carp 11-28-2003 09:13 PM

Quote:

I notice both Lindros and Kovalev are UFAs at the end of the season. So, should the Rangers not be in the playoff hunt, where do you think they may go?

I figure Lindros will end up in T-O. Even if the Rags are slightly in a playoff hunt. The guy really wants to go there, or so I've heard. In Philly, he was practicing with the Leafs urging them to trade him there. He may tell Slats thats where he's going next season and Slats may trade him there to get something for him.

Kovalev is a mystery. I figure maybe the Wings, if injuries occur to people like Stevie Y and/or Shanny. Since he's UFA, the Avs may take a gamle on him if Foppa's injury problems are with him at the deadline. T-O may also take a chance on him, as he'd benefit the team. Then all those people who got their Kovalev Leafs jerseys, after hearing all the rumors last year on thats where he'll go, can wear them.

What do y'all think?

To Toronto:
Eric Lindros

To St.Louis:
Sergei Berezin

To Philadelphia:
Pavol Demitra

Definatly scary for the Blues, I am glad that one didnt go down, they get the worst guy in that deal by miles. and with Lindros's health issues give up possibly the best guy.

leafaholix* 11-28-2003 10:44 PM

Lindros will probably play for Toronto sometime in the near future, but the Maple Leafs aren't going to give up anything to get him in a trade... especially since he'll be available on July 1st.

The Kovalev rumours never really reached the same level as the Lindros ones.

Eric will probably take a huge pay cut to play in his home town... which may turn out to be the deciding factor. And with Roberts, Nieuwendyk, and possibly Mogilny retiring after this season, the Leafs will need some point producing forwards.

Frolov 11-28-2003 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go pierre hedin
Eric will probably take a huge pay cut to play in his home town... which may turn out to be the deciding factor. And with Roberts, Nieuwendyk, and possibly Mogilny retiring after this season, the Leafs will need some point producing forwards.

Lindros isn't exactly tearing up the league.

Trottier 11-28-2003 11:58 PM

For what it is worth (not much :p ), betting here is that NYR will be firmly in the hunt for a playoff birth come the trade deadline and will be buyers, as opposed to sellers.

Likewise, I fully expect NYR to let Lindros walk at the end of the year. Would not be the least bit surprised if Kovalev were gone next season. (And there will be an '04-'05 season!)

leafaholix* 11-29-2003 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frolov
Lindros isn't exactly tearing up the league.

Did I say that?

He's still a legit #2 centre... that's what we need.

AEKaki 11-29-2003 02:09 PM

If the CBA brings some sort of profit sharing like the NFL, Pens might call Kovalev.
But without a good CBA, Kovalev should call them if he wants to be re-noticed as a top-NHL talent.

leafaholix* 11-29-2003 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starkouklos
If the CBA brings some sort of profit sharing like the NFL, Pens might call Kovalev.
But without a good CBA, Kovalev should call them if he wants to be re-noticed as a top-NHL talent.

I don't think any teams will call Pittsburgh.

No offence.

Gibsons Finest 11-29-2003 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueAndWhite
I have never heard that rumour in my entire life; not once was it ever mentioned in the Toronto media. Everything revolved around Markov, Antropov, 1st, Kaberle, etc - even possibly Yushkevich.

Bob McKenzie reported it as the deal expected to go down that day. In his deadline day coverage he was all about that one.

ATG 11-29-2003 06:47 PM

Quote:

What do y'all think?

To Toronto:
Eric Lindros

To St.Louis:
Sergei Berezin

To Philadelphia:
Pavol Demitra

Wouldn't that be considered tampering since he was under contract in philly

ATG 11-29-2003 06:50 PM

Quote:

Bob McKenzie reported it as the deal expected to go down that day. In his deadline day coverage he was all about that one.

It was markov,Antro and a 1st.Clarke backed out and wanted kaberle instead of markov.And if you look at the trade they ended up making the leafs deal probably would have been better

Markov=Jonnson
Antro=>Kapanen
1st>>>>>>>>>Brashear

Gibsons Finest 11-29-2003 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cujo's house
Wouldn't that be considered tampering since he was under contract in philly

Not sure. It was so long ago as well. I just remember picking up a paper and seeing him in a Leafs practice jersey.

#37-#93-#27* 11-29-2003 07:41 PM

I think Lindros either resigns at below market value or is gone to whoever gives him a long term commitment, probably Toronto. He seems to like it here, heck he was more then willing to restructure his current deal this past off season and as a poster above said he is at worst a good second line center, probably better then most in the league. He will be productive whereever he goes just can not be relied on as their number one guy.

I can't see Kovalev leaving. Both he and the Rangers want him here and although he hasn't been scoring like we all thought he would be, he still has been our best player this season.