HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Respect (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=32013)

Patty Roy 11-29-2003 11:45 AM

Respect

I've been noticing a serious lack of respect amongs some posters on this board lately. We've had a number of new posters join since the start of the season and the problem just seems to be getting worse and worse.

Nobody is saying that you can't criticize the Habs organization (or fellow posters too) if you think the situation warrants criticism, but lets show each other some more respect. We're all Habs fans here and i think its in all of our best interests to help this place grow and become a great board to discuss Habs related hockey. I've seen too many strong posters leave these boards in the past due to the overall lack of maturity from some of our posters. I'd hate to lose more...

I know for a fact that this boards moderators (and i'm one of them) have been very busy lately, but the current situation on this board has been brought to the attention of other HF mods. Keep in mind that a little extra attention is probably going to be paid to the Habs board from now on, so you can be rest assured that the snide/rude comments that have slipped by in the past will be caught and dealt with promptly.

And again i welcome any suggestions via PM. If you've got any ideas to make this place a little better, or have problems with certain posters and what they are posting, then feel free to PM either myself, or Saku K. or J-D.

Anyway thanks for reading and lets all start showing each other a bit more respect.

BLONG7 11-29-2003 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patty Roy
I've been noticing a serious lack of respect amongs some posters on this board lately. We've had a number of new posters join since the start of the season and the problem just seems to be getting worse and worse.

Nobody is saying that you can't criticize the Habs organization (or fellow posters too) if you think the situation warrants criticism, but lets show each other some more respect. We're all Habs fans here and i think its in all of our best interests to help this place grow and become a great board to discuss Habs related hockey. I've seen too many strong posters leave these boards in the past due to the overall lack of maturity from some of our posters. I'd hate to lose more...

I know for a fact that this boards moderators (and i'm one of them) have been very busy lately, but the current situation on this board has been brought to the attention of other HF mods. Keep in mind that a little extra attention is probably going to be paid to the Habs board from now on, so you can be rest assured that the snide/rude comments that have slipped by in the past will be caught and dealt with promptly.

And again i welcome any suggestions via PM. If you've got any ideas to make this place a little better, or have problems with certain posters and what they are posting, then feel free to PM either myself, or Saku K. or J-D.

Anyway thanks for reading and lets all start showing each other a bit more respect.

Excellent points made... there have been some strange additions to the boards lately.

caper13 11-29-2003 12:34 PM

yea some guys are pretty brutal but i dont think they would say anything if it was face to face.. :yo:

CrAzYNiNe 11-29-2003 12:35 PM

I guess I have added to the fire, but I don't ussually attack a person just there thoughts. I really don't feel that I am always out of order, but I have my times. But if we are arguing a point, some people need to bring in off topic things, and slander people for no reason. I fight fire with fire, so I can't say I am inocent, but I don't ussually start them.

I will try and control myself in the future, but the habs are just a very angry topics when I see a lot of them, with there non sense.

Dutchy 11-29-2003 12:53 PM

Only a few posters are brainless (or don't bother using it)... Let's try to keep this community bonded together: there are some great folks around! :)

Habsolution 11-29-2003 03:52 PM

I might have gone overboard a bit with my comments. I edited some of them to make then less offensive. If my comments seem too offensive I invite concerned people to PM me. My intent is never to attack posters though. And I want to apologize if I was rude.

Habber 11-29-2003 05:10 PM

Well said Patty Roy. If people want to insult other posters, go do it on the RDS boards. You can disagree with someone without making personal insults.

Having said that, there have been some absolutely ridiculous threads going around lately, and the overall quality of the boards has been taking a nosedive over the last couple of weeks. I haven't been posting much lately, and not because I haven't been around, but because there haven't been many good discussions and that's frusrating.

A suggestion I have is to start closing more threads sooner. I know that you guys aren't always around and you can't be faulted for that. But there are a lot of useless threads floating around lately, most of them revolving around the same old subjects. I won't get into details as I'm sure most of you know what I'm talking about. It would be nice to see more discussions with good insight instead of talking about how Mr.X sucks and should be traded becaue he had two bad games or the "I heard from my roommate's uncle" threads.

Natural Habs Fan 11-29-2003 06:23 PM

I'm new here but I agree with one thing. Debating something is great. Insulting other posters to try and make your point stronger doesn't work and degrades the quality of threads.

I especially hate people who try to rag on other's spelling & grammar... Half the time it's just a typo and you have to remember that English isn't everybody's first language.

hosehead 11-29-2003 08:19 PM

[
"Having said that, there have been some absolutely ridiculous threads going around lately, and the overall quality of the boards has been taking a nosedive over the last couple of weeks. I haven't been posting much lately, and not because I haven't been around, but because there haven't been many good discussions and that's frusrating.

A suggestion I have is to start closing more threads sooner. I know that you guys aren't always around and you can't be faulted for that. But there are a lot of useless threads floating around lately,..."

:handclap: Right on the money... I only joined at the beginning of the season & the quality has dropped over the last couple of weeks. I would also ask other posters to stop responding to useless threads because it just wastes space (& time reading them) and makes it more difficult to find the good stuff. Also, definately stop posting just to point grammar or spelling mistakes, lets keep the talk to the Habs. I think the exchange of opinions & information is excellent. I appreciate the opportunity to read the posts from people who get to see the AHL prospects & junior prospects ... I think there's potential for the board to be better & everyone should accept part of the responsibility for improving the board. I will now step off my soapbox :D

Bring_Bak_Damphousse 11-30-2003 11:18 AM

I`ve noticed a lack of quality threads and posts on this board aswell. It`s only been going on for alittle while now. But more and more I just kind of scan the board quickly and end up going to another board before really reading or responding to anything.

danboulie 11-30-2003 02:09 PM

Wow,
I get a job around the start of the season, and start posting less. What happens? Everyone says that the post quality falls. :D
Seriously though, I find that most people on the boards are polite and cautious to others feelings, but as I've said, I haven't been around that much lately and i may just be missing things.
Let's straighten things out, guys! This is a great place for sharing ideas, so let's talk hockey!

KOMO_ROCKS 11-30-2003 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natural Habs Fan
I'm new here but I agree with one thing. Debating something is great. Insulting other posters to try and make your point stronger doesn't work and degrades the quality of threads.

I especially hate people who try to rag on other's spelling & grammar... Half the time it's just a typo and you have to remember that English isn't everybody's first language.

exactly :handclap:

Kerberos* 12-01-2003 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patty Roy

I agree: it seems all we get lately is 12 years olds looking for attention. Plus, PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE, make an example of those people who keep posting trade rumours from sources which they can't reveal who assured them that a trade will be going on. It makes our whole board look bad when they don't happen plus it wastes people's time particularly the noobs.

GB 12-05-2003 04:26 AM

I'd just like to add that if any of you see something you think a board Mod should look at but they're offline give me a PM, because I'm a Habs fan as well.

Liam

Go Habs Go 12-05-2003 11:00 PM

Totally agree. However what's happening to our board is inevitable. It happens to every sports message board (or pretty much everything, chat, irc...). Starts off good with many knowledgeable posters, eventually it's filled with teenagers who think they know what they're talking about.

Tuggy 12-05-2003 11:41 PM

I just wish people would talk more about real issues surrounding our team instead of posting trade rumors that they dreamed up. That's usually where the problems start and bashing begins. But really the more users that sign up the more troublemakers will pop up. I am new to these boards but I have been posting on sports forums for a few years now and this board is by far one of the best that I have come across. I hope to stay here for a long time because there is a lot of knowledgable Habs/hockey fans here.

BigM1ke 12-14-2003 05:40 PM

Hire new mods :)

*raises his hand*

BigM1ke 12-15-2003 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek
rofl

:>

:D

You're just jealous haha