HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Buffalo Sabres (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Gameday: Sabres at Preds 11/29 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=32015)

Takeo 11-29-2003 11:46 AM

Gameday: Sabres at Preds 11/29

GAME: Buffalo Sabres (11-10-2-1) at Nashville Predators (11-10-1-0).

TIME: Saturday, 8 p.m. EST.

Off to the best start in franchise history, the Nashville Predators go for their fourth straight win as they take on the Buffalo Sabres at the Gaylord Entertainment Center. The Predators have won seven of their last nine and have 24 points in 22 games. Last season, Nashville won just three of its first 22 games

Buffalo, meanwhile, is coming off back-to-back wins, including a 4-3 comeback victory over the Florida Panthers on Friday. "It's a great feeling right now," Briere said. "I can't describe it. Earlier in the season, once we were down one or two goals we didn't stick with the system. This time we were patient and waited for our chances."

The Sabres currently sit third in the Northeast Division standings with 25 points -- four behind first-place Boston and only two shy of Toronto for second. Buffalo, 5-7-1 on the road, will visit Chicago on Wednesday.

Nashville defeated Buffalo, 5-1, at HSBC Arena last January and the road team is 6-1-1 in the last eight meetings. The Predators are 2-0-1 in the last three clashes, but the Sabres are 3-1 all-time in the Music City.

WHO'S HOT: C Daniel Briere had two goals against Florida and has four goals and five assists in his last eight games. G Tomas Vokoun has a .931 save percentage over his last three games.

SPECIAL TEAMS: Sabres - PP 15-101 (14.9%), PK 101-120 (84.2%); Predators - PP 22-124 (17.7%), PK 87-105 (82.9%)

INJURY REPORT: Sabres - Tim Connolly (concussion syndrome), Jay McKee (sprained knee ligament); Predators - Andreas Johansson (concussion), Tomas Kloucek (shoulder), Robert Schnabel (wrist), Scott Walker (groin).

FAST FACTS: D James Patrick tonight can tie Allan Stanley for 46th place on the all-time games played list with 1,244. Nashville will enter December with at least a .500 record for the first time.

http://nhl.com/onthefly/scoreboard/p...2_preview.html

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial...29/1019835.asp

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp...5&gameStatus=0

KillToronto 11-29-2003 12:04 PM

I just don't have a good feeling about this one. 4 - 2 Preds with an empty netter.

Radulov for Czar* 11-29-2003 12:05 PM

Any word on if McKee is playing or not?

Chainshot 11-29-2003 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonesey
Any word on if McKee is playing or not?

Unlikely. He's still out with that sprained knee.

Perhaps tonight we'll get to see Peters back in the lineup, with the way the Preds have started the season sticking up for one another and leading the league in fighting majors...

:D

BG43 11-29-2003 02:57 PM

Danny Briere has been blazing.. he was fantastic in the game last night. I hope he keeps that up!! J.P Dumont has been great but that goes without saying.. the game last night was a good example of the 'never say die' attitude that the Sabres need to play with. It was great to see them comeback after getting done early. I hope that gives them some confidence coming into this game. The Predators are no pushover. They actually have a pretty good team and if the Sabres decide to take the night off or aren't willing to play the way they can.. they will definately lose. But, I think Buffalo will be fine.. heading into this one.. they should be looking to move up in the standings. Can you believe they are only 4 points out of first place in the East? Craziness! Gosh, I hope we win tonight! GO SABRES

Radulov for Czar* 11-29-2003 03:46 PM

Sorry Belle, we aren't gonna just give ya 2 points. :) End of the 1st, Nashville leads 1-0 and Any Elmore is -1.

Sidenote: Instead of chanting Biron-Biron-Biron, you suck, the fans chanted Delmore-Delmore-Delmore, you suck. Truely classic.

BG43 11-29-2003 03:55 PM

We are lucky to only be down by 1

Oh lordy.. Nashville is playing really well. They've had so many great chances..

Elmre is brutal.

Buffalo.. wake up!!!!

Radulov for Czar* 11-29-2003 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BironsGirl43
Elmre is brutal.

Glad ya noticed.. :joker:

Radulov for Czar* 11-29-2003 04:06 PM

bleh, Afinogenov tied it up on a shot from the top of the circle.

Takeo 11-29-2003 04:07 PM

Quote:

Glad ya noticed.. :joker:

It is hilarious how Preds fans are still so obsessed with Delmore. He sucks, fine, let it go. :shakehead

BG43 11-29-2003 04:10 PM

Max baby!! This is how we do it.. :)

1-1..

Now.. let's go for the lead... Buffalo is looking better this period

KillToronto 11-29-2003 04:17 PM

Quote:

Sidenote: Instead of chanting Biron-Biron-Biron, you suck, the fans chanted Delmore-Delmore-Delmore, you suck. Truely classic.

Wow, sounds more like a lack of class down in Nashville than anything.

Chainshot 11-29-2003 04:50 PM

Entertaining game so far--chippy play and a physical edge to just about everyone on both sides. Nice to see Biron shake off that dribbler and make few spectacular saves to end the first and then again in the second. But the standard Buffalo goaltending continues---shakey starts from both guys, the occassional soft goal and then scintallating saves leave the fans (and I'm sure the coaching staff) scratching their heads.

imyourhuckleberry 11-29-2003 04:54 PM

should have made a goaltending change after that first goal, Biron looks terrible, if nashville hadnt hit the posts on 3 occasions it would be a blow out, biron looks very shakey. the team hasnt played well but the goaltending has been looking awful.

Basher 11-29-2003 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillToronto
Wow, sounds more like a lack of class down in Nashville than anything.

Think of it as us just making sure he knows he sucks, no lack of class intended. 2-1 Preds, beautiful pass by Orszagh to Arkhipov.

BG43 11-29-2003 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chainshot
Entertaining game so far--chippy play and a physical edge to just about everyone on both sides. Nice to see Biron shake off that dribbler and make few spectacular saves to end the first and then again in the second. But the standard Buffalo goaltending continues---shakey starts from both guys, the occassional soft goal and then scintallating saves leave the fans (and I'm sure the coaching staff) scratching their heads.

I know what you mean. It doesn't make sense that the big saves can be made but the easy ones.. just slip through. It's frustrating.. but you're right.. it's good to see that he didn't cave in. He's made some big saves to keep the Sabres in it. Buffalo just needs to come out and put on the pressure and I'm sure we'll come out with at least a point

On that second Nashville goal.. I thought Zhitnik made the mistake in attempting to be the goalie and moving over in Biron's direction instead of taking the guy who snuck around to the side of the net..

Regardless.. Nashville is playing a pretty good game. That Orszhahhgtjdpf(i'dliketobuyavowel)gh guy is pretty good.

Damn Tootoo is annoying!

KillToronto 11-29-2003 05:18 PM

I told you I didn't have a good feeling about this game.

Takeo 11-29-2003 05:20 PM

Well at least Noronen should be back in the net on Wednesday...

But it's gotta be tough mentally on these guys, to have one poor showing and get benched. Ruff is ruining them.

Radulov for Czar* 11-29-2003 05:26 PM

Quote:

Damn Tootoo is annoying!

Those are my 4 favorite words. :joker:

From a Nashville perspective, I've been pleasntly suprised with the play of our Vowel line tonight. It's about time they start playing like they can. Hopefully they can keep it up.

I wish Timmy would have made the trip so I could have been at the game..

lecherous 11-29-2003 05:35 PM

Awesome pass by Elmore...

...to Orszagh

BG43 11-29-2003 05:38 PM

Quote:

That Orszhahhgtjdpf(i'dliketobuyavowel)gh guy is pretty good.

Damn.. I knew that guy was playing well

Hat trick and all.. grrrr... congrats to him though.

Nice win for the Preds.. crappy loss for the Sabres

Oh well.. it was a back to back game where they got in late and the opposition played hard. Can't win them all..

Takeo 11-29-2003 05:44 PM

Why does this team consider 2 games above .500 to be such an unbecoming record? I happen to think it'd be a nice bit of progress. And does one strong effort really legitimize a sloppy performance the next tilt? I didn't think so but I could be wrong.

BG43 11-29-2003 05:50 PM

Takeo.. I know what you mean.

Buffalo's season in a nutshell..

http://www.ohiomathworks.org/themeparks/coaster.jpg

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

SuperNintendoChalmrs 11-29-2003 09:24 PM

Quote:

Takeo.. I know what you mean.

Buffalo's season in a nutshell..

http://www.ohiomathworks.org/themeparks/coaster.jpg

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

THE VIPER!!!!!

:eek: :joker: :teach: :lol:

Paxon 11-29-2003 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperNintendoChalmrs
THE VIPER!!!!!

:eek: :joker: :teach: :lol:

That damn thing is in my backyard practically.