HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Komisarek Trade Bait? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=32028)

wasting time 11-29-2003 01:26 PM

Komisarek Trade Bait?

It is a theory just spewed out by Nic Kypryos on Hockey Central? Gainey is looking for a power forward or big center. Komisarek not a Gainey prospect offered as a possible explanation. Possibility? What would he command in return?

Jagr, if Washington picked up a lot of salary?

gohabsgo2010 11-29-2003 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wasting time
It is a theory just spewed out by Nic Kypryos on Hockey Central? Gainey is looking for a power forward or big center. Komisarek not a Gainey prospect offered as a possible explanation. Possibility? What would he command in return?

I saw this too. Kypreos has a few good contacts, but they're mainly based in Edmonton and New York, or so most people believe. He said that because Komisarek was called up before Markov's injury, and because Savard drafted him he may not be a "Gainey Guy". Gord Stellick laughed though, and said the Habs would need to be getting a pretty damn good return.

Maxhab 11-29-2003 01:31 PM

Quote:

I guess the hits to the head Kypryos took are finaly catching up to him, Komisarek will not be traded especialy not for Jagr, he is the teams #1 prospect and is supposed to become one this teams top 4 dman for many many years. Nic should do some reasearch before creating rumors...

theo6060 11-29-2003 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxhab
I guess the hits to the head Kypryos took are finaly catching up to him, Komisarek will not be traded especialy not for Jagr, he is the teams #1 prospect and is supposed to become one this teams top 4 dman for many many years. Nic should do some reasearch before creating rumors...

I wish I had seen this so I could have laughed my butt off! This guy like you said must have taken too many hits to the head because that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Why on earth would we consider dealing a guy with as much promise and upside as Komisarek? It makes no sense.

FacelessButcher 11-29-2003 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxhab

I watched it and he made no mention of Jagr he just said their was potential for him to be moved for a power forward.

BigM1ke 11-29-2003 01:39 PM

Komo is the best kind of D-men you can have (big,physical) for our future... Gainey won't trade him.

Habsolution 11-29-2003 01:47 PM

Quote:

Please ...

Even Sather won't want no part of Jagr.

Quote:

Originally Posted by theo6060
I wish I had seen this so I could have laughed my butt off! This guy like you said must have taken too many hits to the head because that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Why on earth would we consider dealing a guy with as much promise and upside as Komisarek? It makes no sense.

All depends on what the return could be. No one is untradable. But I doubt we could get the return we want.

Mike8 11-29-2003 02:06 PM

Even if Montreal could get a young budding power forward for Komisarek, that would simply open up a gaping hole on defense.

GhostOfTheForum 11-29-2003 02:48 PM

Komi isn't going anywhere

NHLcrazy 11-29-2003 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhostOfTheForum
Komi isn't going anywhere

Komi for Iginla? yes
Komi for Bouwmeester? yes
Komi for Hejduk? yes
Komi for this year 1st overall pick aka Ovechkin? YES

I'm not saying those trade are fair for the other team but NO one untradable.....

Munchausen 11-29-2003 05:13 PM

Wasn't it Gainey who mentioned he was impressed with Ward and Komisarek when he was hired? Not a Gainey guy? By that weak logic he'll want to trade every guy he didn't draft because Komisarek is probably the closest thing of a "Gainey player" we have. Big, physical, excellent work ethic and very mature.

Komisarek isn't going anywhere any time soon I'm ready to bet a lot on that one. It would be pretty ridiculous. Komisarek will become a top-3 Dman in Montreal where size and defensive abilities is what management would likely build this team on. Trading Komisarek would be a step backward.

Traitor8 11-29-2003 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NHLcrazy
Komi for Iginla? yes
Komi for Hejduk? yes

I'm not saying those trade are fair for the other team but NO one untradable.....

Komi for Iginla? NO! Iginla is not consistent, dropped off from his 50.
Komi for Bouwmeester?Yes , almost a laterral move.
Komi for Hejduk? Maybe...
Komi for Ovechkin? Yes

The fact is if we trade Komi for a forward then we need to find another stud defenseman for the future.

Sweeney 11-29-2003 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Komisarek8
Komi for Bouwmeester?Yes , almost a laterral move.
Komi for Hejduk? Maybe...
Komi for Ovechkin? Yes

The fact is if we trade Komi for a forward then we need to find another stud defenseman for the future.

Can't have Ovechkin like that... if you trade with pitts and then in the lottery draft Pitts gets the 4th that will be too bad

habitants9_4 11-29-2003 06:11 PM

It was pure speculation. I saw it. It was funny, but he brought up some good points. He said they need help now, and are looking to move some top prospects.

I was pretty surprised he would think we trade Komisarek!

Playr050 11-29-2003 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Komisarek8

He's not a perrennial 50 goal scorer, no. But he's had no less than 28 goals each of the past 5 seasons. I think he's established consistancy.

Natural Habs Fan 11-29-2003 06:14 PM

No!!!

The only defensemen I'd part with are Rivet & Quintal

Natural Habs Fan 11-29-2003 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habz4Life
:lol:

:confused:

hosehead 11-29-2003 07:55 PM

My God, what the hell is Kypreos talking about ??? I'm not the GM but I'm guessing that the only way Komi goes anywhere is if BM gets an offer he can't refuse i.e., something that fills more than one hole.

Of course Pierre Macguire said when the Habs try to make a deal the other teams want the Habs prospects & thats why no deals get done.--- that makes more sense to me.

Just goes to show you can't believe everything you hear ... but we knew that already. :D

Démon Blond 11-30-2003 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NHLcrazy
Komi for Iginla? yes
Komi for Hejduk? yes

If I had to trade Komi, the ONLY thing I would even be considering in return is the first overall pick in 2005... for Sydney Crosby. Anything else would be Bull**** IMO

Tuggy 11-30-2003 05:52 AM

Kippy is full of *****. He may have his "contacts" but if Bob Gainey himself says that we need to get bigger then why would he trade our biggest and brightest defensemen. Just doesn't make sense......BUT one person that I do see being traded this year is Saku Koivu, I never thought I would say that but maybe its time for him to move on and he does have trade value. Maybe we could package him and Rivet for Arnott or Morrow.

Traitor8 11-30-2003 07:58 AM

I agree we need to let Saku go...it's time!

Now...Look at how Gainey made Dallas, threw Ed Belfour and Derian Hatcher and then Mike Modano.

Montreal will be the same:
Jose Theodore
Mike Komisarek
Andrei Kastitsyn

KOMO_ROCKS 11-30-2003 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natural Habs Fan
No!!!

The only defensemen I'd part with are Rivet & Quintal

I agree.....I doubt that Gainey will trade Komisarek.....too much potential and promise ;)

danboulie 11-30-2003 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munchausen
Wasn't it Gainey who mentioned he was impressed with Ward and Komisarek when he was hired? Not a Gainey guy? By that weak logic he'll want to trade every guy he didn't draft because Komisarek is probably the closest thing of a "Gainey player" we have. Big, physical, excellent work ethic and very mature.

Komisarek isn't going anywhere any time soon I'm ready to bet a lot on that one. It would be pretty ridiculous. Komisarek will become a top-3 Dman in Montreal where size and defensive abilities is what management would likely build this team on. Trading Komisarek would be a step backward.

Whoa,
when I read the first post in this thread I thought the EXACT same thing. It's about as likely that Komisarek gets traded as it is that I win the lottery. And guess what? I'm not even of legal age to buy a lottery ticket!

This would be completely insane, but what kind of team do you think Montreal would have if they traded away each and every prospect of value they have?

MVP 11-30-2003 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KOMO_ROCKS
I agree.....I doubt that Gainey will trade Komisarek.....too much potential and promise ;)

Probably true, unless the return is Iginla.

KOMO_ROCKS 11-30-2003 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVP
Probably true, unless the return is Iginla.

No way, Calgary would trade Iginla for Komo straight up....in a package deal perhaps. I just dont see Gainey trading Komo....afterall he does like players who are big, physical and good in their own end....something Komo fits the bill on(and will get better on)