HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Islander Meltdown! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=32051)

King Nothing* 11-29-2003 04:35 PM

Islander Meltdown!
 
This is a beautiful thing and I just hope it continues. Wow! They are horrible of late. 4-1 Flyers already. I'd never thought I'd say this but: "Let's Go Flyyyyyeeeeeers!!!! Bling Bling Blingbla Bling!"

:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Fire Sather 11-29-2003 04:46 PM

Williams adds another as a smile cracks across my face. 5-1 :handclap:

sexyalexei27 11-29-2003 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nYr LunDmArK 21
Williams adds another as a smile cracks across my face. 5-1 :handclap:

yea dude they really suck.............hahahahahaha......cant wait til
december 4th

meehan 11-29-2003 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Nothing
This is a beautiful thing and I just hope it continues. Wow! They are horrible of late. 4-1 Flyers already. I'd never thought I'd say this but: "Let's Go Flyyyyyeeeeeers!!!! Bling Bling Blingbla Bling!"

:handclap::handclap::handclap:

That's so sad, ranger fans rooting for the flyers. I will say this, I'm a Devil fan, and whenever the rangers play the flyers, I always "root" for the rag$. Same with when they play the senators. Hell, I even root for the rangers when they play the elite western conference teams(Dallas, Detroit, Colorado, etc etc) as even though they are in the other conference, they are more a threat to the Devils title defense then the rangers are.

sickboy35 11-29-2003 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sexyalexei27
yea dude they really suck.............hahahahahaha......cant wait til
december 4th

be careful what you wish for....they will probably beat us! isn't that the luck we've had over the past six years? i'm sorry i'm just very pesamistic when it comes to the rangers! i will galadly eat crow if the rangers make the playoffs and also beat the icelanders on thursday even! mark my words i will!!

King Nothing* 11-29-2003 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meehan
That's so sad, ranger fans rooting for the flyers. I will say this, I'm a Devil fan, and whenever the rangers play the flyers, I always "root" for the rag$. Same with when they play the senators. Hell, I even root for the rangers when they play the elite western conference teams(Dallas, Detroit, Colorado, etc etc) as even though they are in the other conference, they are more a threat to the Devils title defense then the rangers are.


That's because you are rooting for the rangers the same reason we are rooting for the flyers. Get it? OR are Devil fans as thick as I think they are? BTW: Devils + Stanley Cup + The Day After = Newspaper Headline: "Yankees Pitchers And Catchers Arrive In Florida". Don't you guys get it? When the cup is won around here by the Devils, no one cares. You're guys' headline is on page 46 of "The Ledger". What are you going to do when your team becomes the new "Portland Oregons" ??


I know what I will be doing. Going to NYR opening night.

When they move after the lockout because George Steinbrenner has found out that there are only 3 hockey teams in the metro area "Rangers, Islanders, and Flyers" then come back and we will have a drawing for you to pick your new team.

King Nothing* 11-29-2003 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sickboy35
be careful what you wish for....they will probably beat us! isn't that the luck we've had over the past six years? i'm sorry i'm just very pesamistic when it comes to the rangers! i will galadly eat crow if the rangers make the playoffs and also beat the icelanders on thursday even! mark my words i will!!

I agree. That will likely happen. But, it feels good right now.

nyr5186 11-29-2003 05:33 PM

I'd be very surprised if we dont see some MAJOR shakeups with the Isles by Thursday. Whether its Stirling's job, a trade (Peca?), or maybe even Milbury if Wang has the balls, I dont think they'll allow the Rangers to come in and embarass them.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 11-29-2003 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyr4life5186
I'd be very surprised if we dont see some MAJOR shakeups with the Isles by Thursday. Whether its Stirling's job, a trade (Peca?), or maybe even Milbury if Wang has the balls, I dont think they'll allow the Rangers to come in and embarass them.

I'm very surprised by what's going on out there. The Rick let in a couple of soft goals and the team seems to have no spark to them.

MM can't first Sterling. He got rid of Lavy who only got them to the playoffs under the guise that the team would go further with a different coach. I'm not saying that the Isles will or won't but MM's hands are tied on this one. If Sterling goes, I would think that Martyr Mike would go with him.

nyr5186 11-29-2003 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
MM can't first Sterling. He got rid of Lavy who only got them to the playoffs under the guise that the team would go further with a different coach. I'm not saying that the Isles will or won't but MM's hands are tied on this one. If Sterling goes, I would think that Martyr Mike would go with him.

Thats a good point. Mike has a long history of changing coaches. By firing Laviolette who got them to the playoffs two years in a row after a 7 year hiatus, he basically put himself on the line. If he fires Laviolettes's replacement just 25 games into the season, it proves that he has no clue what he's doing and should take the blame for it this time.

meehan 11-29-2003 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Nothing
That's because you are rooting for the rangers the same reason we are rooting for the flyers. Get it? OR are Devil fans as thick as I think they are? BTW: Devils + Stanley Cup + The Day After = Newspaper Headline: "Yankees Pitchers And Catchers Arrive In Florida". Don't you guys get it? When the cup is won around here by the Devils, no one cares. You're guys' headline is on page 46 of "The Ledger". What are you going to do when your team becomes the new "Portland Oregons" ??


I know what I will be doing. Going to NYR opening night.

When they move after the lockout because George Steinbrenner has found out that there are only 3 hockey teams in the metro area "Rangers, Islanders, and Flyers" then come back and we will have a drawing for you to pick your new team.


Yawn........ever hear of NHL center-ice?

King Nothing* 11-29-2003 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meehan
Yawn........ever hear of NHL center-ice?


got it. watching it. but I can do 2 things at once.

Fire Sather 11-29-2003 07:02 PM

The Isles are surprising me too... they just seem to lose all confidence so easily.

Trottier 11-29-2003 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
I'm very surprised by what's going on out there.

Hey STBOB, next time you, JR or Davision suggest that Islander fans concern themselves about the Rangers (true), but not vice versa, let's refer back to this thread! :p

To quote my favorite former NBA player/recovered drug addict, Michael Ray Richardson, "de ship be sinkin' " on Long Island.

And, in my humble opinion, it can all be traced back to three Fridays ago. Team had won something like four in a row, was 7-3 or thereabouts and looking good. Certainly not world-beaters, but solid.

Then Milbury the Magician, unfamiliar and uncomfortable with any modicum of success, decided that was a good time to disrupt the chemistry. Hence, "WeimerGate," the waiving of said player and all the rumors that have followed.

Since that time, team has won two game in the last three weeks, (2 out of 9), and have been outscored 13-2 in the last nine periods.

Meanwhile, stability and patience, two ingredients long missing at MSG, seems to be paying off to some extent at MSG.

Funny how that works. ;)

Unthinkable 11-29-2003 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Nothing
That's because you are rooting for the rangers the same reason we are rooting for the flyers. Get it? OR are Devil fans as thick as I think they are? BTW: Devils + Stanley Cup + The Day After = Newspaper Headline: "Yankees Pitchers And Catchers Arrive In Florida". Don't you guys get it? When the cup is won around here by the Devils, no one cares. You're guys' headline is on page 46 of "The Ledger". What are you going to do when your team becomes the new "Portland Oregons" ??


I know what I will be doing. Going to NYR opening night.

When they move after the lockout because George Steinbrenner has found out that there are only 3 hockey teams in the metro area "Rangers, Islanders, and Flyers" then come back and we will have a drawing for you to pick your new team.

Wow thats a pretty hateful post there. Filled with all kinds of generalizations and ill will.

LondonFan 11-30-2003 12:49 AM

Yep - I guess you'd call that "the generalised ill-will-filled fan banter".

As for the Islanders vs Flyers - you gotta go for a draw. One where loads of players pick up injuries and suspensions.

sexyalexei27 11-30-2003 05:34 AM

as far as rooting for the flyers vs the icelanders..........we werent rooting for the flyers so much as we were rooting for an icelanders loss........just as icelanders fans root against us......believe me they do.....i know........and i wouldnt be to worried about thursday.....lately weve been goign into the coliseum and kicking the $h!t out of them.....i remember a 5-0 victory last year...... :D and also coming back from a 2-0 deficit to tie 2-2 late in teh season.........

Kvashinator12 11-30-2003 06:00 AM

My answer
 
is peca has got to go. I think that he is a huge problem on this team to be quite honest. HIs effort isn't there, and i question his leadership. I would love to send him to toronto for Antropov.

Shadowtron 11-30-2003 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kvashinator12
is peca has got to go. I think that he is a huge problem on this team to be quite honest. HIs effort isn't there, and i question his leadership. I would love to send him to toronto for Antropov.


What do you think about the goaltending? Personally, I never felt Snow was a No. 1 goaltender and you guys were only riding one of his hot streaks. And Rick, who will one day be a No.1, still needs a little more seasoning before taking over the reins. Agree? Disagree?

SingnBluesOnBroadway 11-30-2003 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kvashinator12
is peca has got to go. I think that he is a huge problem on this team to be quite honest. HIs effort isn't there, and i question his leadership. I would love to send him to toronto for Antropov.

I agree. Peca is not scoring and he looks(ed) completely disinterested with playing. There was a shot of Peca on the bench last night during the third period and there is no fire in his eyes whatsoever.

With that said, I'm still concerned about the game on Thursday.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 11-30-2003 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trottier
Hey STBOB, next time you, JR or Davision suggest that Islander fans concern themselves about the Rangers (true), but not vice versa, let's refer back to this thread! :p

D'OH!!!! :)

klingsor 11-30-2003 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trottier
To quote my favorite forter NBA player/recovered drug addict, Micheal Ray Richardson, "de ship be sinkin' " on Long Island.

Finally, someone else who remembers that quote.

God, he was fun to watch.

nyr5186 11-30-2003 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowtron
What do you think about the goaltending? Personally, I never felt Snow was a No. 1 goaltender and you guys were only riding one of his hot streaks. And Rick, who will one day be a No.1, still needs a little more seasoning before taking over the reins. Agree? Disagree?

Stan Fischler said last night that the Isles should forget about DiPietro for now and ride the veteran goaltender (Snow) because the kid's not in it mentally and doesnt have any confidence. I disagree. If he doesnt have any confidence, then what good does it do to sit him on the bench? I'd let him play through it and see how he reacts and what he learns from it in the long run. If he cant handle all the pressure and the losing attitude around him, then you know what, maybe he's not cut out to be an elite goaltender.

Leetchie 11-30-2003 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meehan
That's so sad, ranger fans rooting for the flyers. I will say this, I'm a Devil fan, and whenever the rangers play the flyers, I always "root" for the rag$. Same with when they play the senators. Hell, I even root for the rangers when they play the elite western conference teams(Dallas, Detroit, Colorado, etc etc) as even though they are in the other conference, they are more a threat to the Devils title defense then the rangers are.


And the Islanders are more of a threat at the 6, 7, 8 spots of the playoffs than the Flyers are, to the Rangers. We just assume the Devils and Flyers are in, and chances are, Ottawa is as well. Tampa Bay should be in, whether it be because of a "weak" South (I disagree) or just their play in general. The teams we have to root against are the Bruins, Canadiens, Islanders, and those types who have recently pushed us out of the playoff picture.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 11-30-2003 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyr4life5186
Stan Fischler said last night that the Isles should forget about DiPietro for now and ride the veteran goaltender (Snow) because the kid's not in it mentally and doesnt have any confidence. I disagree. If he doesnt have any confidence, then what good does it do to sit him on the bench? I'd let him play through it and see how he reacts and what he learns from it in the long run. If he cant handle all the pressure and the losing attitude around him, then you know what, maybe he's not cut out to be an elite goaltender.


I would go with a true platoon in net if I were the Islanders. That way each goalie knows when he is going to play. It doesn't matter who the opponent is. Let them switch off every game. That way, there is some consistency and no game is more important than the other.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:27 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.