HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Latest Kings Organization Ethics Issue (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=32059)

Semenko 11-29-2003 04:25 PM

Latest Kings Organization Ethics Issue

I'm not much of a Kings fan, but I go to a lot of games because they are local. I grew up in Philly and stick with them. Lets call LA my number 2 team. I was pretty shocked tonight. I split season tickets to the Kings in section 112 with a friend. I was at the game today and something happened that kinda shocked me.

A group of 5 or 6 17-25 year olds were sitting 4 rows behind me. First I see one of them on the Jumbotron doing the Panda Express match game. Then I see them on the ice in the intermission for the Toyota win a car thing.

Here is the kicker. The contest to give away the stick and pucks all signed by the players happened. This is the one they have been advertising on TV to sell tickets. Guess what? One of these kids win again. I finally asked them if they knew somebody in the Kings and one said his friend hooked him up.

I'm sorry, I can see getting on the ice in the intermission. I can even see doing the match game. But, to have something that has been used in advertising to sell the tickets rigged seems not only unethical, but maybe even illegal.

Quite frankly, I think there is a culture of deception and zero integrity in the Kings organization. I mean, before the seson started they were saying Allison and Deadmarsh were ready to go. Why? To sell more tickets. Then the President of the Kings says he will refund tickets if you are unhappy with the team on opening day. Before opening day they say, they will be back in November. Guess what, November is almost over.

Kinda Disgusting if you ask me. What a way to treat your customers. They aren't getting anymore of my money.

punchy1 11-29-2003 06:37 PM

This coming from a guy who is hated around the entire site. I don't really care what you think on this mate. The truth is that you are probably here doing the same thing you have done on the Mighty Ducks page and the rest. Sure this is better than your usual "it is great that so and so got injured" or some of your other peaches but please, go away with this tripe. It isn't my place to say so I appologize in advance for my strong position in stating that I would think this a better place if you weren't allowed in it but that is the way I see things. I bet after this post it will be a mutual feeling but mate, you are one of those attention starved blokes in my reckoning that just isn't happy unless they are going around making stink.

You are probably lying on this one as in your other posts and I feel that you should do us a favor and delete it. It is slander for you to alledge such a thing and even if it wasn't, this is a Kings *fan* page. Why do you think we care about your lie anyway? We are here because we actually bloody well like the team. Take your lies with ya mate.

Sorry if I offended anyone else by this, it wasn't my intention. I just spend time checking out other teams as my time at HF is limited and where I live there isn't many who will talk hockey with me and this fellow does allot of things that make us Kings fans look pretty bad. I don't take to that nonsense so like I said, I apologize if I put anyone off their lager.

Semenko 11-29-2003 06:57 PM

I'm sorry you are a Ducks fan. But, as far as I can tell you are English and don't know any better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by punchy1
This coming from a guy who is hated around the entire site. I don't really care what you think on this mate. The truth is that you are probably here doing the same thing you have done on the Mighty Ducks page and the rest. Sure this is better than your usual "it is great that so and so got injured" or some of your other peaches but please, go away with this tripe. It isn't my place to say so I appologize in advance for my strong position in stating that I would think this a better place if you weren't allowed in it but that is the way I see things. I bet after this post it will be a mutual feeling but mate, you are one of those attention starved blokes in my reckoning that just isn't happy unless they are going around making stink.

You are probably lying on this one as in your other posts and I feel that you should do us a favor and delete it. It is slander for you to alledge such a thing and even if it wasn't, this is a Kings *fan* page. Why do you think we care about your lie anyway? We are here because we actually bloody well like the team. Take your lies with ya mate.

Sorry if I offended anyone else by this, it wasn't my intention. I just spend time checking out other teams as my time at HF is limited and where I live there isn't many who will talk hockey with me and this fellow does allot of things that make us Kings fans look pretty bad. I don't take to that nonsense so like I said, I apologize if I put anyone off their lager.

David A. Rainer 11-29-2003 07:06 PM

This is nothing more than an unsubstantiated event. I can just as easily post the same thing about anyone else for any other reason regarding whatever incident that happened in the arena of whoever's favorite team. It doesn't necessarily make it false, nor does it make it true.

Normally, I don't care if someone criticizes the organization (I do plenty of it myself). But when it is an unverifiable event used as justification to critique an organization on a forum not likely to be sympathetic, the only response it will illicit is a flaming war. So I'm going to save everyone the trouble and close this thread before it gets out of hand. If you like, you can take this to the NHL Talk forum where it might not receive the same response.

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to PM me. I'd be more than happy to work out some sort of alternate solution.