HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Kings/Hurricanes Proposal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=32118)

Vagrant 11-29-2003 08:46 PM

Kings/Hurricanes Proposal

This is an idea I had to just throw a trade together and see how close it actually is to being good for both teams. I know that Alexander Frolov is quite the phenom and his stock is very high, but i'm just looking for some responses to see if this one is fair or not. If you don't think it's fair then what do you think would make it work?

To LA:

C Josef Vasicek
LW Jaroslav Svoboda
D Aaron Ward
2nd Round Pick 2004

To CAR:

LW Alexander Frolov
C Jozef Stumple

The way I see it is this. LA needs a defenseman that has a little nasty streak to his game. I'd be willing to put Sean Hill in that place as well, but I think Ward is more valuable to a western team.

Vasicek + 2nd Round Pick 2004 << Frolov
Ward + Svoboda > Stumple

Is this even close to a realistic value for either team?

Legionnaire 11-29-2003 10:20 PM

Frolov is the Kings future and he will not be traded for anything less than a "franchise" type player.

Stumpel was brought in expressely to play with Ziggy and I think that if the Kings have any intention of re-siging Ziggy, Stumpel won't be traded either. In fact, I think that re-siging Stumpel is crucial in reguards to Ziggy's contract next year. We need to do everything possible to make Ziggy want to come back because if we don't this team is screwed.

Face Wash 11-29-2003 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legionnaire
In fact, I think that re-siging Stumpel is crucial in reguards to Ziggy's contract next year. We need to do everything possible to make Ziggy want to come back because if we don't this team is screwed.

Next year?? What next year?? :joker:

Legionnaire 11-29-2003 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Face Wash
Next year?? What next year?? :joker:

Good point. I am optimistic though. I don't know what I'll do if there's no hockey for an entire year. :eek:

LA Kings Rule 11-30-2003 12:07 AM

Bad deal for the kings, Frolov is a very good player that has star potential. Svoboda is okay but he's still very unproven, Ward is 5/6 defence men whice we have lots of, we need top four like Markov. Frolov by himself makes this trade look bad.
Its tough to pick from Carolina the only two players i would be interested in off the top off my head are Staal and Vasicek but there not going anywere because they are the future of Carolina.

andora 11-30-2003 12:27 AM

canes don't exactly come out rosy either.. losing vasicek for frolov, the two main parts.. is pretty much a wash for carolina, i'd rather have vasicek as them..

then all that other stuff for stumpel.. no way

Frolov 11-30-2003 06:24 AM

I like Vasicek but Frolov doesn't leave unless we get a younger franchise player back.

Plan 9 11-30-2003 06:37 AM

As a Hurricanes fan, I don't like it. I'd rather keep Vasicek. No reason to trade him now.

willie 11-30-2003 06:46 AM

I wouldn't even consider it. Frolov has played too well this year to consider dealing him in a deal like that.

neelynugs 11-30-2003 07:19 AM

if wesley wasn't injured, carolina could've just dealt ward to LA for a 3rd

punchy1 11-30-2003 08:22 AM

Frolov is 7goals 7 assists and +8 on a team that is without its top players and he has played the majority of his games with "energy line" types who don't score much if at all. Impressive stats for a 21 year old in a defencive system. Right before Ziggy was injured he was starting click with Frolov.

I wouldn' trade Frolov alone for the entire package offered. Sorry mate.

GKJ 11-30-2003 10:27 AM

Forget another franchise player, Frolov is untradeable, he will not and cannot be traded, especially with all the injuries, and the Kings desire to move to a youth movement, which is why they kept Dustin Brown on the team, and not bring in someone like Ted Donato again.