HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Blues Scoring (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=32132)

Jamie-L 11-29-2003 11:22 PM

Blues Scoring

Blues seriously need scoring wingers.

Their Pathetic play tonight, coupled with the news that Bogounicki will be out another month means that the blues have zero scoring winger after the first line. I love Drake to death, but he simply is not the finisher Weight or Cajaneck needs.

To be a serious contender, we need two more supplemental scorers on the wings. Who are the FAs out there, and who are available by trade? Any suggestin would be helpful.

c-carp 11-29-2003 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie-L
Blues seriously need scoring wingers.

Their Pathetic play tonight, coupled with the news that Bogounicki will be out another month means that the blues have zero scoring winger after the first line. I love Drake to death, but he simply is not the finisher Weight or Cajaneck needs.

To be a serious contender, we need two more supplemental scorers on the wings. Who are the FAs out there, and who are available by trade? Any suggestin would be helpful.

We played a bad game, the Wings beat us, but they only beat us 2-1. If this turns into a prolonged problem they will do something, dont panic yet this team has played very well to this point.

FacelessButcher 11-29-2003 11:33 PM

I really thought Sejna would stick especially after Weight talked about how good their chemistry was. What happened?

c-carp 11-29-2003 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
I really thought Sejna would stick especially after Weight talked about how good their chemistry was. What happened?

Senja was just recently sent down, he had 2 goals the whole tiime he was up and they were in the same game. I just think he needs to go down for a while adjust to the pro game and he will be back.

Jamie-L 11-29-2003 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FacelessButcher

Sejna was lazy, and needed to be sent to Worcester to get his *** kicked.

c-carp 11-29-2003 11:41 PM

Quote:

You could be right, I just hope it was a case of simply not being ready for the jump from college to the Pros and after a stint in the AHL he will be back for good. We will have to wait and see. :dunno:

Ironchef Chris Wok* 11-30-2003 02:31 AM

Coulda just kept Stillman.

andora 11-30-2003 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironchef Chris Wok
Coulda just kept Stillman.

not that easy, if demitra would have signed for about 2 million less then he made last season that might have been possible...

stillman was dumped to make room for demitra's raise was he not? that being the main principle of him being dealt

topshelf331 11-30-2003 08:34 AM

Quote:

Sejna was hardley lazy. He was one of the hardest working blues every night. But, He was very ineffective. Every time he came up the ice , it was straight to the boards. He couldnt find a way to work up the center of the ice. He was stuck playing perimeter hockey.

Reign Nateo 11-30-2003 09:13 AM

Sergei Berezin?

jhopspensfan 11-30-2003 10:13 AM

Straka and Kraft for Salvador.

Jamie-L 11-30-2003 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhopspensfan

Done deal, if you also take Bogounicki's contract

Fire Sather 11-30-2003 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reign Nateo
Sergei Berezin?

Could very well see him sign with st louis, with the recent bougnkiki nwews.

Howard35 11-30-2003 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhopspensfan

thats just stupid from the pens P.O.V

coolhandluke2410 11-30-2003 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zetterberg40

LOL i'd do it in a heartbeat

topshelf331 11-30-2003 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zetterberg40

Apparentley from the blues p.o.v. , we would be overpaying.

Burke's Evil Spirit 11-30-2003 07:23 PM

Well, looks like St. Louis just lost the $traka $weepstakes.

dirt 11-30-2003 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topshelf331
Sejna was hardley lazy. He was one of the hardest working blues every night. But, He was very ineffective. Every time he came up the ice , it was straight to the boards. He couldnt find a way to work up the center of the ice. He was stuck playing perimeter hockey.

Stuck on the perimeter or afraid of traffic?

topshelf331 11-30-2003 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirt

I dont think he is afraid of traffic. Because he always seemed to be in the mix in fron tof the net(post shot). He's not exactly weak either, and he doesnt fall easy, I just dont think he has figured out the pro game yet. He does get pushed aside easily. I think its a matter of he could blow past the ncaa defensmen outside and still make his way to the net. Where as he is not slow, but he cant just skate around the nhl defensemen. And i think they know that because they are very aggressive when he is carrying the puck in.

Another problem i think he has is on the powerplay. He has amazing skills. But, when he is on the halfboards or down low, he tends to overdo it. The presuring player will approach and he will make moves that should open things up, the problem is he will make that extra move often that walks him right back into the opposing player.

He needs just minor adjustments to his positioning and play. There is no doubt he will be back up eventually.

Sorry for the ramblimg.

c-carp 11-30-2003 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andora
not that easy, if demitra would have signed for about 2 million less then he made last season that might have been possible...

stillman was dumped to make room for demitra's raise was he not? that being the main principle of him being dealt

Far as I know you are 100% correct sir.

c-carp 11-30-2003 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirt

Too early to tell, thats why spending some time in the AHL will tell that tale. He will be expected to be a dominant scorer at that level and I think you have to play in traffic to be a dominant scorer at any level?

Irish Blues 12-01-2003 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topshelf331
Another problem i think he has is on the powerplay. He has amazing skills. But, when he is on the halfboards or down low, he tends to overdo it. The presuring player will approach and he will make moves that should open things up, the problem is he will make that extra move often that walks him right back into the opposing player.

Early on when he was paired with Weight, it looked like they were trying to set each other up - no one wanted to shoot. Then Sejna got bumped off of Weight's line and either wanted to set everyone else up (including Reed Low) or wanted to do it all himself. The final few games he was just lost - on the 4th line and totally out of sync with his much lesser-skilled linemates.

He should have been sent down 5-7 games earlier IMO.