HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   About Latendresse and Higgins issue. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=321435)

GSK* 12-13-2006 02:05 PM

About Latendresse and Higgins issue.

First of all, sorry If my english is bad and hard to read but I'll try to keep it simple.

With the return (hopefully) tomorrow or Saturday of Chris Higgins, he'll be back on the 4th line for the first few shifts (I've read that here). So who in the top-6 will be moving down ? A lot of people think that Latendresse will be sent down to the 4th lines.

I would not whining about that I Carbo take that decision but I think this is a bad one. Why ?

Since December First, the Habs have played 6 games. Guillaume Latendresse got 3 goals and 2 assists during that time. So, the kid still improve his play and we're near of the middle of the season. He's 3 points behind Malkin this months for the more points by a rookie, + he's the leader of the league for rookie with 65 AND 27th in the entire league.

So right now it will be a "hard" decision to take, MTL got more and more depth, players who're ready to play NHL (Lapierre, Kostitsyn) and a lot of players who should get a shot or steady at "the top-6" (Koivu, Kovalev, Samsonov, Latendresse, Ryder, Higgins, Perezhogin, Plekanec) and we can add Johnson he can be a top-6 foward. So in the new NHL teams who got a lot of depth on the 4 line can win Stanley Cup. So I though most of the guys listed up there are "Winger" except Koivu and Plekanec (Yeah I know Johnson can play C) so did you think Latendresse will stay in the top-6 ? More easily for him if Higgins take the spot of Plekanec at second center ?

Habsfan18 12-13-2006 02:20 PM

I'm not trying to be rude but we don't need so many threads about the same thing.

We should have a sticky at the top of the page for lineup ideas/talk etc..

coolguy21415 12-13-2006 04:01 PM

Geez. Eventually we're gonna end up with a full page of sticky threads.

Teufelsdreck 12-13-2006 04:07 PM

I'm sure Higgins would be willing to play wherever Carbonneau tells him to. He's capable of performing in many roles.

THEREW 12-13-2006 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diogenes (Post 7346227)
I'm sure Higgins would be willing to play wherever Carbonneau tells him to. He's capable of performing in many roles.

hum...i wonder if he can be better than Huet :sarcasm:

Freaky Habs Fan 12-13-2006 04:32 PM

It's not really hard to understand the situation...That's how I see it:

-Higgins will play a game or two on the 4th line and on the PP
-Murray and Downie will not play for a while

_______

-Higgins will move up as the center of the second line
-Plekanec will move down on the 4th line

_______

If it's not working,

-Samsonov will move on the first line
-Plekanec will come back on the second line
-Higgins will return to the wing
-Latendresse will go on the fourh line
-Murray and Downie will still not play

That's what I would try at least.

YEAH! Over 4000 posts!

zurg999 12-13-2006 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CH Iggins (Post 7344992)
First of all, sorry If my english is bad and hard to read but I'll try to keep it simple.

With the return (hopefully) tomorrow or Saturday of Chris Higgins, he'll be back on the 4th line for the first few shifts (I've read that here). So who in the top-6 will be moving down ? A lot of people think that Latendresse will be sent down to the 4th lines.

I would not whining about that I Carbo take that decision but I think this is a bad one. Why ?

Since December First, the Habs have played 6 games. Guillaume Latendresse got 3 goals and 2 assists during that time. So, the kid still improve his play and we're near of the middle of the season. He's 3 points behind Malkin this months for the more points by a rookie, + he's the leader of the league for rookie with 65 AND 27th in the entire league.

So right now it will be a "hard" decision to take, MTL got more and more depth, players who're ready to play NHL (Lapierre, Kostitsyn) and a lot of players who should get a shot or steady at "the top-6" (Koivu, Kovalev, Samsonov, Latendresse, Ryder, Higgins, Perezhogin, Plekanec) and we can add Johnson he can be a top-6 foward. So in the new NHL teams who got a lot of depth on the 4 line can win Stanley Cup. So I though most of the guys listed up there are "Winger" except Koivu and Plekanec (Yeah I know Johnson can play C) so did you think Latendresse will stay in the top-6 ? More easily for him if Higgins take the spot of Plekanec at second center ?

You posted in my thread started on the same topic a couple of hours ago; why start this one?