HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Isles-Stars Proposal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=32203)

Kvashinator12 11-30-2003 10:13 AM

Isles-Stars Proposal
 
with Boucher hurt, and Dallas D hurting these days.

To NYI-Morrow
To Dal-Hamrlik

thestonedkoala 11-30-2003 10:16 AM

Um that doesn't help any team really...actually it doesn't help Islanders. I thought they wanted to bring in a defensemen if they were unloading a defensemen. Plus why would Dallas want to get rid of Morrow? He's a pretty good player and they aren't getting someone similiar in return. Dallas doesn't need to unload young stars like Morrow just yet.

CREW99AW 11-30-2003 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kvashinator12
with Boucher hurt, and Dallas D hurting these days.

To NYI-Morrow
To Dal-Hamrlik


Do the nyi think Morrow can be a 1st liner, to put next to Yashin?
cause unless they do,I don't see this deal going down.

Kvashinator12 11-30-2003 10:19 AM

Well
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thestonedkoala
Um that doesn't help any team really...actually it doesn't help Islanders. I thought they wanted to bring in a defensemen if they were unloading a defensemen. Plus why would Dallas want to get rid of Morrow? He's a pretty good player and they aren't getting someone similiar in return. Dallas doesn't need to unload young stars like Morrow just yet.


with Boucher and Numminen out, they can use some help on the backline.

thestonedkoala 11-30-2003 10:22 AM

I personally think they can get one cheaper then Morrow, plus they have been playing pretty good as of late. I think they might just call up a guy.

Kvashinator12 11-30-2003 10:24 AM

Safe
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thestonedkoala
I personally think they can get one cheaper then Morrow, plus they have been playing pretty good as of late. I think they might just call up a guy.

bet, but when u got a team down a bit, u try to get a tad more out of them. :D

thestonedkoala 11-30-2003 10:26 AM

Which is why a lot of teams aren't moving players. I mean a lot of teams need defensemen this year but they aren't moving players. If this was in February or January I could see something like this going down but not right now.

Also Dallas isn't going to take on more salary. If Hamrlik is coming one way, Turgeon or another really high priced, kind of deadwood is going to go back the other.

Ajacied 11-30-2003 10:42 AM

The Stars won't deal Morrow for temporary help. Though I highly doubt they will trade Morrow in the first place.

The Stars defense currently looks like this heading into tonights game:

- Zubov
- Matvichuk
- Klemm
- Erskine
- Daley
- Sweeney

If you know Daley and have been following Erskine this season, I don't think the Stars should make a trade for defensive help, much less when you realise it will only be temporarely. Hell, even Don Sweeney has played solid the last few games.

It's nice to see some young legs with the Stars, I'd let them play and not add more to our already massive payroll. Much less give up arguably our best forward and future captain..

islandermaniac 11-30-2003 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modano = God
It's nice to see some young legs with the Stars, I'd let them play and not add more to our already massive payroll. Much less give up arguably our best forward and future captain..


arguably the stars' best forward? i thought your name was mo=god?

Ajacied 12-01-2003 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by islandermaniac
arguably the stars' best forward? i thought your name was mo=god?

What's your childish point you are trying to make clear?

islandermaniac 12-01-2003 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modano = God
What's your childish point you are trying to make clear?

actually, i was joking around with you. i just didn't feel the need to post a little "smily" to let you know this.

Tiki 12-01-2003 08:00 AM

Well, If I had a young forward like Morrow I would not move him for Hammer right now.

Young, Low cost, and the most physical forward, if not player, on the Stars. I would think any team would have a hard time prying him away from the Stars.

Darth Milbury 12-01-2003 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiki
Well, If I had a young forward like Morrow I would not move him for Hammer right now.

Young, Low cost, and the most physical forward, if not player, on the Stars. I would think any team would have a hard time prying him away from the Stars.


I agree.

Morrow is one of my favorite players in the league. Love to have him on the Island, but I doubt Dallas would move him.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:38 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.