HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Who has been the Preds MVP to date? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=32219)

Radulov for Czar* 11-30-2003 11:02 AM

Who has been the Preds MVP to date?
 
Make your votes here!

barrytrotzsneck 11-30-2003 11:10 AM

zids, with hartnell most likely the runner up. zidlicky has completely turned our PP around, and our PP is a large part of why we're doing so well.

dulzhok 11-30-2003 11:31 AM

I don't think we've had one consistent MVP. It's seems to change every couple of games. Hartnell was our best player for a few games. Then Erat. Walker carried the team for a couple of games. Zidlicky too. Last night, Orszagh. Vokoun has certainly stepped it big time as of late.

In other words, I think it's too close to call at this point.

triggrman 11-30-2003 11:58 AM

I'm voting Kimmo. No player on our team logs the minutes he does. He plays in every situation and produces.

Think about this, Drake Berehowsky's best year was with us and Kimmo feeding him the puck, Andy Delmore's best year was with us and Kimmo feeding him the puck, now Zidlicky is on fire, I wonder why? Not taking anything away from Zidlicky but theere is another guy on top of that point helping him move it around.

Basher 11-30-2003 12:00 PM

Its close, between Timmo Kimonen, and Kimmo Timonen. I might take the latter...

Joe T Choker 11-30-2003 12:01 PM

I believe that Zidlicky has been the best player for the first quarter for the Predators, he has been unreal with his vision in the offensive zone, has picked his spots with his goals, but his vision along with his puck-handling skills are what makes him the #1 player on our team thus far.

triggrman 11-30-2003 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basher
Its close, between Timmo Kimonen, and Kimmo Timonen. I might take the latter...

lol

tulsytrid1 11-30-2003 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
I believe that Zidlicky has been the best player for the first quarter for the Predators, he has been unreal with his vision in the offensive zone, has picked his spots with his goals, but his vision along with his puck-handling skills are what makes him the #1 player on our team thus far.

What about that bounce pass off his skate last night against the Sabres. Zids is a great passer/puckhandler.

PredsFan77* 11-30-2003 12:40 PM

Tootoo? :dunno:

barrytrotzsneck 11-30-2003 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsFan77
Tootoo? :dunno:


yeah, his timely line-change dump ins and healthy scratches have really made all the difference.

Jovavic 11-30-2003 01:52 PM

Not taking anything away from Kimmo, but Zidliky adds that extra wrinkle to the Pred's D that the other team has to be aware of. He's quick at making decisions and even quicker passing the biscuit to the open man.

WuRtZLeSs 11-30-2003 02:10 PM

Not that I think he's the MVP or anything, but Greg Johnson has scored and made some plays on some crucial goals imo.. they aren't always pretty but he does seem to be timely.

but .... I also vote Timonen :handclap:

golfmade 11-30-2003 04:40 PM

I defer my vote, I barely get to see any hockey games because of my work schedule and there's quite a few players I'd give the nod to.

DocMcKay 12-01-2003 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman
I'm voting Kimmo. No player on our team logs the minutes he does. He plays in every situation and produces.

Think about this, Drake Berehowsky's best year was with us and Kimmo feeding him the puck, Andy Delmore's best year was with us and Kimmo feeding him the puck, now Zidlicky is on fire, I wonder why? Not taking anything away from Zidlicky but theere is another guy on top of that point helping him move it around.


You make a good argument Triggr. But Zidlicky has made our PP deadly. He's not just a guy who has a nice wrist shot, he can make plays distributing the puck or taking the shot himself. At the same time I don't think that Zids is our PP QB. Rather I would say that Kimmo and Zids share that responsibilty.

I give Zidlicky the nod because he seems to be that guy who is helping us get over the hump.

crossxcheck 12-01-2003 07:35 AM

I would have voted for Allison had he been an option....just kidding
:rolly:

I voted for Erat, but now that I think about it, I'd give Zman the edge over Erat.

tulsytrid1 12-01-2003 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crossxcheck
I would have voted for Allison had he been an option....just kidding
:rolly:

I voted for Erat, but now that I think about it, I'd give Zman the edge over Erat.

Well although he had a slow start, I voted for Vokoun. He again is starting to light it up. He alone has won a few games for us. In order I would say Vokoun, Zids, Kimmo, Legwand.

crossxcheck 12-01-2003 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tulsytrid1
Well although he had a slow start, I voted for Vokoun. He again is starting to light it up. He alone has won a few games for us. In order I would say Vokoun, Zids, Kimmo, Legwand.

He has been playing up to his potential as of late. He is def. a reason we have been on this hot streak...no doubt.

tulsytrid1 12-01-2003 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crossxcheck
He has been playing up to his potential as of late. He is def. a reason we have been on this hot streak...no doubt.

I think it is all based on expectation level.

crossxcheck 12-01-2003 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tulsytrid1
I think it is all based on expectation level.

Well my expectations of him are to play to his full potential. :D That being winning 5 straight games. :joker:

tulsytrid1 12-01-2003 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crossxcheck
Well my expectations of him are to play to his full potential. :D That being winning 5 straight games. :joker:

:lol: a save %of .955 and a GAA of 1.98 would be about right too eh :joker:

darth5 12-01-2003 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DocMcKay
You make a good argument Triggr. But Zidlicky has made our PP deadly. He's not just a guy who has a nice wrist shot, he can make plays distributing the puck or taking the shot himself. At the same time I don't think that Zids is our PP QB. Rather I would say that Kimmo and Zids share that responsibilty.

I give Zidlicky the nod because he seems to be that guy who is helping us get over the hump.

I agree.
Not only that, but Zids has made some well-timed hits and great defensive plays as well. His passes seem to have eyes! :rolly:

At any rate, he is easily worth twice what the Preds gave him in contract $.

Remember all those reviews and posters who questioned our inexperienced D? Where are they now?

And how will the Rag$ fans feel about the Dunny trade after a full season of his inconsistency? Will it still be an emphatic 'win'win' trade?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:39 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.