HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   some love for Chris Therrien (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=32224)

panayiotis 11-30-2003 11:25 AM

some love for Chris Therrien

Hey dudes! I want to give him some kudos. Ever since he came back into the lineup. The team has exploded. Obviously it is not the only reason. There are 19 other guys on the ice. I dont think hitch has pulled him out again. He plays well with Rico. Vandy is not a upgrade. So keep it up Chris!

Winston Wolf 11-30-2003 11:33 AM

Two words: compound sentences!

FlyersGuy69 11-30-2003 11:51 AM

some love for Therien? nah...
he has played better this year but he still makes some bonehead mistakes that a quality veteran shouldn't. IMO, he's gone after this year anyway and maybe before the year is out.

GoneFullHextall 11-30-2003 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyerGuy69
some love for Therien? nah...
he has played better this year but he still makes some bonehead mistakes that a quality veteran shouldn't. IMO, he's gone after this year anyway and maybe before the year is out.

he still makes too many mistakes on the blueline. that either create scoring chances for the other team or result in goals.
He still is the weakest link on the team. Hes is gone once Woywitka is ready.

panayiotis 12-01-2003 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
he still makes too many mistakes on the blueline. that either create scoring chances for the other team or result in goals.
He still is the weakest link on the team. Hes is gone once Woywitka is ready.

His +- has stedily gone up. He plays well with Rico. Nobody has proven they can take his job so far. Hitch has not benched him again. Hitch believes in him. Compond drugs a side. The guy is playing well.

MojoJojo 12-01-2003 03:30 AM

I am not a Therien Basher. He is a good, solid, steady defenseman, and always has been. He is the goat in Philly when something goes wrong. A goal is scored on Kim Johnssons shift (and KJ does make defensive mistakes which have cost us goals), no one cares or notices. But a goal is scored while Therien is on the ice, and everyone starts to call him a useless pylon, regardless if he was involved in the play.

Therien is not a nasty defenseman like Marchment. He is one of the strongest defensemen in the NHL though, and does an effective job controlling the front of the net without taking himself out of position for the big hit, or taking stupid crosschecking penalties. His skating is better than last year, and his transition has also been ok.

The biggest problem with Therien is his paycheck, which is way overblown for a 5th-6th defenseman. If salary werent such an issue in todays NHL, he would not have cleared waivers, and would not have been put on waivers in the first place.

Dr Love 12-01-2003 05:44 AM

Man, I'm tired of the Therien bashing, especially on 610 after a game. People, he's the friggin 6th defenseman. He's not going to win you games, and he's not going to lose you games. Look around the league, there are far worse 6th defensemen. The Flyers are 1st overall in the league. They haven't lost at home, and have a 12 game unbeaten streak. To sweeten the pot, the Devils had a nice streak going too, and yet they're four points back with no games in hand. Just sit back and enjoy the ride!

John Flyers Fan 12-01-2003 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Love
Man, I'm tired of the Therien bashing, especially on 610 after a game. People, he's the friggin 6th defenseman. He's not going to win you games, and he's not going to lose you games. Look around the league, there are far worse 6th defensemen. The Flyers are 1st overall in the league. They haven't lost at home, and have a 12 game unbeaten streak. To sweeten the pot, the Devils had a nice streak going too, and yet they're four points back with no games in hand. Just sit back and enjoy the ride!

:bow: Well said :bow:

.. and people thought I was crazy to say it would take 110+ points to win the division ...