HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Calgary Flames (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Congratulations Chris Clark... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=32276)

monster_bertuzzi 11-30-2003 03:50 PM

congradulations Chris Clarke...
 
...You picked a fight with Henrik Sedin. WoW. He sure is a tough cookie :handclap: who's he gonna try to fight on Thursday? Naslund? :joker:

Harry Paratestes 11-30-2003 04:02 PM

At least Clarke fights ..does Matty Cookie have those little strings that run up his jersey arms like kids have so there mittens dont fall off .The only time Cookies gloves come off is when hes in the dressing room .....Cooke makes Maltby looks tough !!!!!

Sorry Flame fans ..didnt mean to jump in here , i just cant stand Cookie or the Sedin Sistsers .Or Bertuzziwhiner ..or just basically all the Canucks .

evman150* 11-30-2003 04:31 PM

I know harping on poor spelling is a low form of argument, but it is pretty hard to take you seriously when you spell two out of three words in your thread title wrong.

:shakehead

flamesfan12 11-30-2003 05:03 PM

What the hell was Sedin doing holding onto Clark's leg? It's not like Clark is a heavyweight. You didn't see King holding on to Gauthier's leg. I can now see why they are called the Sedin sisters.

monster_bertuzzi 11-30-2003 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evman150
I know harping on poor spelling is a low form of argument, but it is pretty hard to take you seriously when you spell two out of three words in your thread title wrong.

:shakehead

Nobody cares about Clarke, or ''Clark'' ? :dunno: enough to spell his name right

ForeignFlame 11-30-2003 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi
Nobody cares about Clarke, or ''Clark'' ? :dunno: enough to spell his name right

Obviously you do because you started the thread.

It also means that Chris Clark must be doing his job.

Harry Paratestes 11-30-2003 06:47 PM

The mattress line ..a King sleeping with 2 twin sisters !!!!!

evman150* 11-30-2003 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry Paratestes
The mattress line ..a King sleeping with 2 twin sisters !!!!!

:joker: :lol: :handclap:

kruezer 11-30-2003 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeignFlame
Obviously you do because you started the thread.

It also means that Chris Clark must be doing his job.

Exactly.

calgarylen13 11-30-2003 10:48 PM

Chris Clark, what a fool!

Any other team want him?

HellsBells 12-01-2003 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi
...You picked a fight with Henrik Sedin. WoW. He sure is a tough cookie :handclap: who's he gonna try to fight on Thursday? Naslund? :joker:

Come on. Sedin was hugging his leg and holding on for dear life. Who does that ??? I would respect him more if he flat-out turtled. The Flames don't have any players that would do that, at least they would try to fight back. Like last year, Gelinas fought Derek Morris, that's an even bigger mismatch and he lost but he didn't look like a sissy holding onto Morris' leg. You want to run our goalie, who cares if you're a swede. A hockey player is a hockey player and if he wants to play goalies that way he has to answer the bell. Did you notice everyone going after Iginla when he nailed Cloutier, oh well, Iggy expects it and went right back at Clouts and told him off. I'm not saying that the Sedin sisters should fight but at least don't make a total fool of yourself.

Be a man regardless who your up against. Ohlund's a lot bigger than Warrener but he (Ohlund) held on for dear life as well. And why not go after the Sedins ??? It's not like anybody will pay for it. Ooooooooh !! Brad May, I am really scared. Oliwa will take care of him Thurs if he has something to say about it. The Canucks are now known as a weak team and other teams are going to exploit that like the Flames did. Why didn't the Canucks respond ??? Because they couldn't. Their toughest player was Bertuzzi and he can't even fight. Anyway, you are a waste of time because obviously you haven't played hockey. Did you want Clark to go after the bench ?? Scrums like that happen all the time it and the panzy line for the Canucks just happened to be on the ice. That's not the Flames fault. Sedin should not have sticked McLennan regardless if Jamie hit him first, he was asking for it.

Flamin' Griz 12-01-2003 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi
...You picked a fight with Henrik Sedin. WoW. He sure is a tough cookie :handclap: who's he gonna try to fight on Thursday? Naslund? :joker:

Reminds me of when Todd Bertuzzi chose to fight Marc Savard.....even more of a mismatch. What a tool!

Badger Bob 12-01-2003 12:44 PM

Anybody else left with the impression that this thread was started out of frustration that the Nucks blew a seemingly safe two-goal lead?

Flamin' Griz 12-01-2003 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badger Bob
Anybody else left with the impression that this thread was started out of frustration that the Nucks blew a seemingly safe two-goal lead?

Twice. I think you're on to something. :handclap:

Hitman* 12-01-2003 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi
...You picked a fight with Henrik Sedin. WoW. He sure is a tough cookie :handclap: who's he gonna try to fight on Thursday? Naslund? :joker:

I wouldn't be suprised. If a 4th liner like Clark can take Naslund out for 5 minutes then Sutter will probably give him extra ice time.

Reign Nateo 12-02-2003 10:38 PM

monster_bertuzzi: Don't do things like this. You make yourself look bad and in the process hurt the reputation of all Canucks fans. Chris Clark did nothing wrong.

The Sedins are not tough. Everyone knows that, that is not what they do. Daniel however has more points than any Flame (I think he is now tied with Iginla) and Henrik would be 3rd on the Flames in scoring. That's what they do, they don't look tough against guys like Chris Clark, and no Canucks fan expects them to.

The reason Canucks fans were upset with the situation is that the Sedins are our 2nd line and Chris Clark won't be in the NHL when the Flames get some depth. I didn't think the Flames or the Canucks did anything wrong, the Flames just exposed the Canucks least toughest link.

Anyway I will be at the game thursday and it should be a good one.

My apologies Flames fans for a thread that has no place on these boards.

Flames Draft Watcher 12-03-2003 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reign Nateo
The reason Canucks fans were upset with the situation is that the Sedins are our 2nd line and Chris Clark won't be in the NHL when the Flames get some depth.

Good post except for this point. Chris Clark is a bonafide NHLer and would play on almost every team in the this league IMO. He's a perfect 4th liner. The Flames depth has improved drastically since last season and that has moved guys worse than Clark like Begin, Sloan and Nichol off the team. But Begin and Nichol are still NHL regulars and Sloan I believe was just recalled by Detroit. That should tell you something. Clark is also noticeably better than Mattias Johansson, Clarke Wilm, Ed Ward and other such NHL bubble players that he's always been ahead of.

He's played in the past on the 2nd or 3rd line because of a lack of depth but we like him just fine as a 4th liner thank you very much.

kruezer 12-03-2003 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher
Good post except for this point. Chris Clark is a bonafide NHLer and would play on almost every team in the this league IMO. He's a perfect 4th liner. The Flames depth has improved drastically since last season and that has moved guys worse than Clark like Begin, Sloan and Nichol off the team. But Begin and Nichol are still NHL regulars and Sloan I believe was just recalled by Detroit. That should tell you something. Clark is also noticeably better than Mattias Johansson, Clarke Wilm, Ed Ward and other such NHL bubble players that he's always been ahead of.

He's played in the past on the 2nd or 3rd line because of a lack of depth but we like him just fine as a 4th liner thank you very much.

Which he will be FDW when the RW starts looking like this....
Iginla
Kobasew
Donovan
Clark
:D

FLAMESFAN 12-03-2003 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kruezer
Which he will be FDW when the RW starts looking like this....
Iginla
Kobasew
Donovan
Clark
:D

What has Kobasew done so far to merit 2nd line duties?
He should be ahead of Clark, but I expected more from him at this point.
Donovan, on the otherhand should be rewarded with the 2nd line spot for the time being.

Big Deaner 12-03-2003 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLAMESFAN
What has Kobasew done so far to merit 2nd line duties?
He should be ahead of Clark, but I expected more from him at this point.
Donovan, on the otherhand should be rewarded with the 2nd line spot for the time being.


YES!

Hitman* 12-03-2003 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLAMESFAN
What has Kobasew done so far to merit 2nd line duties?
He should be ahead of Clark, but I expected more from him at this point.
Donovan, on the otherhand should be rewarded with the 2nd line spot for the time being.

He is. Right now he's the Flames MVP and I believe is seeing the 2nd most ice time for our RWers. But I was pissed off at seeing Clark ahead of him on the PP though.

ForeignFlame 12-03-2003 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher
Good post except for this point. Chris Clark is a bonafide NHLer and would play on almost every team in the this league IMO. He's a perfect 4th liner. The Flames depth has improved drastically since last season and that has moved guys worse than Clark like Begin, Sloan and Nichol off the team. But Begin and Nichol are still NHL regulars and Sloan I believe was just recalled by Detroit. That should tell you something. Clark is also noticeably better than Mattias Johansson, Clarke Wilm, Ed Ward and other such NHL bubble players that he's always been ahead of.

He's played in the past on the 2nd or 3rd line because of a lack of depth but we like him just fine as a 4th liner thank you very much.

Agreed on Clark.

Even though it's become fashionably popular to criticize him amongst many Flames fans.

kruezer 12-03-2003 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLAMESFAN
What has Kobasew done so far to merit 2nd line duties?
He should be ahead of Clark, but I expected more from him at this point.
Donovan, on the otherhand should be rewarded with the 2nd line spot for the time being.

Sorry I should have stated that this was in the future....my fault. I'm liking that group of RW's for next year-ish and beyond.

FLAMESFAN 12-04-2003 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kruezer
Sorry I should have stated that this was in the future....my fault. I'm liking that group of RW's for next year-ish and beyond.

Yeah, it has the potential to be an great group - but Iggy has to be on his game, hopefully Donovan can keep playing the way he is, Chucky has to get it together, and Clark's the complete 4th liner.

It's really just Kobasew that I'm not happy with right now. He's got to start contributing more. Hopefully tonight! :handclap:

BTW - ForeignFlame:last year it was Neidermayer, this year Clark. I really don't know why people don't like Clark, he gives you a bit of everything.

kruezer 12-04-2003 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLAMESFAN
Yeah, it has the potential to be an great group - but Iggy has to be on his game, hopefully Donovan can keep playing the way he is, Chucky has to get it together, and Clark's the complete 4th liner.

It's really just Kobasew that I'm not happy with right now. He's got to start contributing more. Hopefully tonight! :handclap:

BTW - ForeignFlame:last year it was Neidermayer, this year Clark. I really don't know why people don't like Clark, he gives you a bit of everything.

True, I think Kobasew will start gaining a lot more confidence and playing time around the end of January, thats my feeling on it anyway. Then he can bump Clark to fourth line minutes consistently. He probably won't pass Donovan in playing time until next year however. But everything in time.

BTW Iginla's coming, :D


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:23 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.