HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   TRADE: Kings Acquire Straka from Pit. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=32282)

Skebo 11-30-2003 04:02 PM

Kings trade

Kings trade:
Martin Strbak & Sergei Anshakov

to Pens for:
Martin Straka

Works for me!

punchy1 11-30-2003 04:02 PM

Straka!!!!

Done Deal!

punchy1 11-30-2003 04:03 PM

I just doubled ya mate! Works for me! Sergie Anshankov is a keeper and Strbak is alright but if that is all that Straka costs us then kippers! DT does it again!

Face Wash 11-30-2003 04:06 PM

The Kings just added $4.35 mil to the payroll...

You KNOW Leiweke was feeling the heat to add that much payroll!!! :handclap:

LuckyLUC20 11-30-2003 04:08 PM

Straka will be in St. Louis to meet the Kings... do you think he'll suit up?

Kings Fanatic 11-30-2003 04:09 PM

Great trade. Yes, Anshakov may very well pan out as a good sniper but the Kings definitely needed help now. Straka should still have a few good years left in him. Nice to add a little talent to this team.

punchy1 11-30-2003 04:11 PM

Mine and Skebo's posts happened at the same time but his is first so I will close mine. Hey, maybe we can say that he his an insider info mate since he has the first bid! ;)

How do I close a thread?

tc 11-30-2003 04:17 PM

I love the trade. It is one of the benefits of building up your system. Two non-roster prospects for a scorer is a good trade. Both may be solid NHL'ers, but it is a great trade for the here and now.

Also props to the Kings for boning up and taking on some payroll to help the team.

Sydor25 11-30-2003 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kings Fanatic
Great trade. Yes, Anshakov may very well pan out as a good sniper but the Kings definitely needed help now. Straka should still have a few good years left in him. Nice to add a little talent to this team.

:lol:

Big McLargehuge 11-30-2003 04:22 PM

Here's hoping for the best for Marty in LA. He's always been a favorite of mine and I'm sad to see him go, but it was evident that the Penguins needed to dump him for anything right now. His contract was killing us(4.35 this year, 4.7 next) and his production was non-existant.

I do have to say something promising to you guys though, surround him with talent and he's an amazing player, and he is NOT injury prone, just freak accident prone...

Don't expect him to pull his groin every time he laces up the skates, I'd be wearier of the scoreboard falling on him.

nikolai19 11-30-2003 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Face Wash
The Kings just added $4.35 mil to the payroll...

You KNOW Leiweke was feeling the heat to add that much payroll!!! :handclap:

Strbak makes about $550,000 and I heard that he had a one way contract.

Also, in early December I believe the Kings will have recovered about 3.6 million of Allison's salary via insurance. In any case, a great deal for LA and it will remain to be seen how much we really miss Anshakov.

This deal also sparks two other topics of conversation. Does this move mean that the absence of Allison and Deadmarsh will be delayed even longer? Also, with this move, this should put us out of the Comrie race as well, right? Thoughts?

Kings Fanatic 11-30-2003 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sydor25
:lol:

Not too sure what was funny about that statement. Obviously I was referring to the injury depleted team.

Sydor25 11-30-2003 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kings Fanatic
Not too sure what was funny about that statement. Obviously I was referring to the injury depleted team.

It was the "little talent" line (I highlighted it in bold). He's only 5'9".

FanSince2014 11-30-2003 05:08 PM

Lines now:

Straka-Stumpel-Klatt
Robitaille-Cammalleri-Frolov
Avery-Belanger-Brennan
Brennan-Smithson-Kelly

Kings lines when healthy:

Straka-Stumpel-Palffy
Frolov-Allison-Deadmarsh
Robitaille-Cammalleri-Klatt
Avery-Belanger-Insert Forward Name Here

Kings Fanatic 11-30-2003 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sydor25
It was the "little talent" line (I highlighted it in bold). He's only 5'9".

I didn't even notice that. Ok, that is kind of funny. I'm hoping to see the little talent on a line with Frolov. A quick, shifty guy should complement him well.

Sydor25 11-30-2003 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by getnziggywidit
Lines now:

Kings lines when healthy:

Straka-Stumpel-Palffy
Frolov-Allison-Deadmarsh
Robitaille-Cammalleri-Klatt
Avery-Belanger-Insert Forward Name Here

Is it getting cold in hell? I don't think we will ever see this team completely healthy. And I would insert Brown on the fourth line.

[edit] Actually, I forgot about Lappy. :) He's definately on one of the lines.

PensFan68 11-30-2003 06:13 PM

From a Pens fan stand point, I'm actually not disappointed. I like what I read of Anshakov. From the few things I've read thus far, it sounds like he's a purely offensive guy. What do you guys think his upside is(1st, 2nd line)? You like to see a guy who has a good all around game, but it's not really a bad thing to have a playmaker/sniper on your team(would you classify him as a playmaker or sniper?).

Captain Ron 11-30-2003 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PensFan68
From a Pens fan stand point, I'm actually not disappointed. I like what I read of Anshakov. From the few things I've read thus far, it sounds like he's a purely offensive guy. What do you guys think his upside is(1st, 2nd line)? You like to see a guy who has a good all around game, but it's not really a bad thing to have a playmaker/sniper on your team(would you classify him as a playmaker or sniper?).

I honestly can't see Anshakov being a 1st line forward.He has the potential to be a good offensive 2nd line winger.He will probably score about 25 goals and add about 20 to 25 assists in a good year.I just can't see him breaking the 30 goal plateau though.He is known more for his shot then his playmaking ability.He also would need to work on his defensive game a little.He is probably a 2-3 year project.

guzmania 11-30-2003 06:48 PM

Does Anshakof play for Red Army? I read somewhere that they are being tough about letting their players come to NA. Is this a factor in the trade? :dunno: Sorry to see him go but cest le vie.

Strbak was termed the best defenseman in Europe not playing in NA last year, so he has some upside too especially if he acclimatizes, Penguin fans.

The Kings could not pass up this deal and have made themselves deeper again. Might have Ziggy implications in that we have another Czech/Slovak to compliment him.

How about: Straka/Stumpel/Palffy

Who's headed for New Hampshire?

Jerky Leclerc 11-30-2003 06:57 PM

Good move by the Kings to get more skill in the lineup. But I wondering where the Kings got 4 mil bucks to pay Straka? Where was this money before?

Sydor25 11-30-2003 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guzmaniac
Who's headed for New Hampshire?

I think they will place Pirnes on IR. They placed Brown on IR to activate Stumpel. When are the Kings going to be able to activate a player with putting another on IR. :cry:

punchy1 11-30-2003 06:59 PM

The same was said about another older Kings D man two years ago (he is the best D man in europe) and he has had his struggles in Fla. Doesn't mean that either of them won't be alright, just that neither of them are anything all that special. I think anyways. Lilja still has allot to prove and so does Strbak as far as that goes. So does Anshankov who is a nice prospect but as sponge said, two years away at best and is having an off season this year. Doesn't mean he is a washout, just needs more time. I like the deal.

KingPurpleDinosaur 11-30-2003 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerky Leclerc
Good move by the Kings to get more skill in the lineup. But I wondering where the Kings got 4 mil bucks to pay Straka? Where was this money before?

allison is out and insurance covers 80% of his salary. since this carried over from last year, we've already collected 2-3 million in total. so this salary is pretty keeping us level with where we were supposed to be at.

i think we get another $1.6 million from insurance soon. at the least, i am hapy we are reinvesting our money instead of having managment collect the insurance money and sitt on their hands.

stardog 11-30-2003 10:03 PM

I must say Im kinda surprised to read this thread. I came here expecting mostly jubilation.
For what it's worth, you will get most of your production out of Straka playing on the left wing with Stumpel as his center and Palffy as his right wing. His best year came when he played with Lang and Kovy and all three of them had huge breakout years that year.
He is a great addition to your line up. He will always give his best effort, never float, be a shining example of hard work and dedication for your younger players and never complain. He will take a hit to make a play and as I see it he is going to fit in very well on a line with guys who compliment his skill.This is what is being over looked as he has some of the best intangibles of anyone in the league. Frolov will benefit from watching Marty and that is HUGE in this deal.
Martin Straka is a fine person and i for one am sad to see him go. I am happy however that he went to the Kings as I follow them as well.
Let me tell you guys something else. Those of you who are concerned with his point totals this year, shouldn't be. Martin Straka was never a player who could "do it by himself". Instead he is a Perfect compliment player. Meaning if he isn't the main focus for the other teams defenders, he is going to eat the other team alive.
This season in Pitt, he was asked to be the main focus in our offense once Lemieux went down. He just isnt that guy. But I will say this. If the attention isn't soley on him (as it was in Pitt and wont be in LA), he is going to get you guys a point per game or damn near close to it.
A GREAT deal for LA....if I were a Kings fan first and foremost, and having seen Straka play hundereds of times, I would be ECSTATIC!!!
Mark my words LA....you guys are going to love this deal in a few weeks.

Good Luck Marty and thanks so much for all the hard work, memories and dedication over the years.

I've read alot about Anshakov but what can you tell me about Strbak? From a Pens P.O.V. is he going to help us? I know he didn't do alot for LA but keep in mind who we have on our defense compared to who LA has. Our top seven go Tarnstrom, Berehowsky,Melichar,Orpik,Bergevin, Boileau and Focht with Rozsival expected back in a week or two. Is he as good or better than any of the above mentioned and what kind of game will he bring?
Thanks in advance and congrats on getting Marty!

ukyo 12-01-2003 01:23 AM

Strbak could potentially play the opposite point to Tarnstrom. Offensively, he's not quite as good as Tarnstrom, but I'd say he's probably better than Rozsival and definitely better than Berehowsky.

During the WCs, he played opposite Visnovsky on the Slovakian team's 1st PP I believe (with Palffy, Stumpel, and Zednik). He was tied for 2nd in the tournament in defenseman scoring and led all players in +/- with +13.

Defensively, well, he's, ehh... remains to be seen.