HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Kings trade for Straka! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=32290)

Sydor25 11-30-2003 04:04 PM

Kings trade for Straka!

Apparently the sent Strbak and Anshakov.

Anshakov (from Hockey's future):
The Los Angeles Kings used their second round pick in the 2002 NHL Entry Draft to select Sergei Anshakov 50th overall. Sergei's team, HC CSKA Moscow, has ascended into the Super League, which will give him a chance to compete at a higher level of hockey. It remains to be seen if Sergei's vision of the ice will improve with experience. Sergei also needs to find the hunger and improve his discipline and dedication to the game if he wants to compete in the NHL. Also, if he continues to ignore his line mates and keep his head down, in some game he may run into a wall like Anton Babchuk and suffer the consequences. Sergei was not present at the 2002 NHL Entry Draft because HC CSKA did not release him. He will remain with the team for the upcoming season.

Happy with the trade or not?

LA Kings Rule 11-30-2003 04:06 PM

i kinda liked Anshakov, but i think a very god deal as lons as Straka stays healthy.

Legionnaire 11-30-2003 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LA Kings Rule
i kinda liked Anshakov, but i think a very god deal as lons as Straka stays healthy.

This post reflects my feelings as well

punchy1 11-30-2003 04:09 PM

Thats three threads on the deal. I think the answer is yes! Anshankov is a keeper but knowing DT this is going to have some shakers in it. No doubt about it while Anshankov has come a bloody long way since that review above, he is still a couple of years away from the NHL and Staka gives us a great player now. I wasn't thrilled about the bloke at first mention but when I saw what we gave up and when you add in that he plays all three forward positions it is bloody great.

Frolov Stumpel Ziggy
Luc Straka Klatt
Frolov Straka Ziggy
Luc Stumpel Klatt (I remeber that Stumpel and Luc played well together but could be wrong)

Add Allison if he ever comes back and we are lethal up front. Good deal DT!!! BANGER!

Sydor25 11-30-2003 04:14 PM

I agree, this deal was too good to pass on. Straka has great skill, but will he be another Audette for the Kings? Will he fit in with Andy's system?

He's a -16 with a bad Penguin team, is it because he is one the ice a lot? Or does he float back to the defensive zone?

Skebo 11-30-2003 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by punchy1
Thats three threads on the deal. I think the answer is yes! Anshankov is a keeper but knowing DT this is going to have some shakers in it. No doubt about it while Anshankov has come a bloody long way since that review above, he is still a couple of years away from the NHL and Staka gives us a great player now. I wasn't thrilled about the bloke at first mention but when I saw what we gave up and when you add in that he plays all three forward positions it is bloody great.

Frolov Stumpel Ziggy
Luc Straka Klatt
Frolov Straka Ziggy
Luc Stumpel Klatt (I remeber that Stumpel and Luc played well together but could be wrong)

Add Allison if he ever comes back and we are lethal up front. Good deal DT!!! BANGER!

Yeah. I don't wanna leave Stumpy hanging out to dry, but I think Frolov-Straka-Palffy sounds downright scary. Scary for the Kings opponents that is.

zeppelin97 11-30-2003 04:19 PM

His injury history is conerning, but kings lost only anshakov (nice knowing ya strbak). Kings have enough scoring prospects.

I'm not sure whether the trade is high risk or low risk, considering straka's injury past.

leaning toward good trade, all things considered.

punchy1 11-30-2003 04:21 PM

Take a look for yourself on the injury stats. You will be suprised that it isn't as bad as it seems and also the one that had him out of the line up was an injury that happened in the training room and he had a full recovery.

Big McLargehuge 11-30-2003 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sydor25
I agree, this deal was too good to pass on. Straka has great skill, but will he be another Audette for the Kings? Will he fit in with Andy's system?

He's a -16 with a bad Penguin team, is it because he is one the ice a lot? Or does he float back to the defensive zone?

He's always been one of the hardest working players in the league, his defense won't win him any awards but it's not because of lack of effort.

Legionnaire 11-30-2003 04:34 PM

The thing that worries me about this trade, is that it could indicate an extended absense for Ziggy?

tom_servo 11-30-2003 04:44 PM

You've got yourself a passionate player in Straka. He's something of a perimeter guy, but he's not afraid of the corners. He's a great powerplay man, good playmaker, and can score. Of course he's incredibly fast. I don't think his broken leg has slowed him down too much. His only drawback is playing back, and making the dangerous giveaway. If history's any indication, he'll prosper with quality teammates.

Quote:

The thing that worries me about this trade, is that it could indicate an extended absense for Ziggy?
I wouldn't think this deal indicates much. Your GM found a bargain, that's all.

MOOSE55 11-30-2003 04:55 PM

Anshankov is a tough prospect to lose......our forwards are dropping like flies, and the added help will be nice.....Starbek, isn't a huge loss.....overall.....mixed feelings

kingbrath 11-30-2003 04:56 PM

I for one am very happy with this deal and think he will be a great addition....when we get healthy we are going to be dangerous!

KingPurpleDinosaur 11-30-2003 05:17 PM

i really really really hate losing anshakov...

i'm saying no because straka's numbers suck right now and i'm reallly pessimistic on this trade. considering how penguins were salary dumping, i expected us to get a lot better deal

TubbyTerrion* 11-30-2003 05:24 PM

*** RONNING FOR KARALAHTI - "It's a steal. Great trade!"
*** YUSHKEVICH for LILJA/BEDNAR - "It's a steal. Great trade!"

do i sense a trend?

neelynugs 11-30-2003 05:48 PM

straka is a fine addition. however, it should be noted that he's a much better winger than he is a center. they can put him with stumpel and palffy and create a silly offensive line.

KingPurpleDinosaur 11-30-2003 05:49 PM

agreed...

i didnt like the yushkevich trade and i dont really like this trade. prove me wrong straka... prove me wrong.

punchy1 11-30-2003 05:51 PM

So you are saying that you equate Straka with Yushkevich and Ronning? Really? Wow.

Sydor25 11-30-2003 05:54 PM

I don't understand some of you guys. You wanted another scoring forward and you didn't want to lose any roster players. DT goes out and gets a proven scorer and Brown, Frolov, Gleason and Cammy are still here.

I know you think that all of the Kings prospects are going to pan out, but history shows that it is still a crap shoot with prospects. Even this web site has him listed as the 12th prospect. And the fourth on the right side.

Also, is Pirnes on IR yet? Who gets sent down to make room for Straka?

Captain Ron 11-30-2003 06:04 PM

As an RSL reporter I will give you all my opinion on the deal.

Anshakov has actually been kind of disappointing this season for CSKA.He was doing very well until the injury in September.He then came back in mid october and was on a nice scoring streak for about a week.Since then he has been a non-factor for CSKA.His play has been so bad that he has been scratched the last 4 games for CSKA.

I think we got the better end of the deal in this trade.Anshakov hasn't been living up to his potential and that scares me.

I would much rather lose Anshakov then Pushkarev.Good luck to him though.

До свидания Сергей

Frolov 11-30-2003 06:06 PM

Let's see him play a game before we call it a bust ya?

I love the trade. Ashy was probably our most expendable prospect that another team would want. Trust me on this. Straka is an awsome player and in the fast paced west on a line with Palffy PPG is very likely.

punchy1 11-30-2003 06:07 PM

That is the clincher for me. Sponge is our man in the streets when it comes to the red menace players in our system (kidding about the menace thing) so if he says its a go then its a go for me.

KingPurpleDinosaur 11-30-2003 06:15 PM

sponge, if you say so...

ur right, anshakov was probably rounding out the bottom of our top prospects, but i still thinkw e coulda give the penguins less.

but again, i'm real skeptical on straka, i'm not saying he's not a good player, just not quite sure what he can do for us. ill wait until i see him in a kings uniform before i make any real judgement

KillToronto 11-30-2003 06:21 PM

Holy crap, could you imagine what your offense would look like with Deadmarsh and Allison back? As a Sabre fan I would fear playing you guys terribly. By the way when is Palffy supposed to come back anyway?

Sydor25 11-30-2003 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy Murray
"We're excited to have him," Kings coach Andy Murray said after his team's game. "He's known to be a really good person. I've coached against him when I was coaching Team Canada. He should add some character to our team. The offense will take care of itself as long as we get the other things from him."

I for one can't wait to see him play for LA. I feel he will replace Deadmarsh, who I think is done as a hockey player. There is no way he can come back and play the same way he has always played. Too many crashes into the boards for someone coming off a concussion.

If we can get Allison back in January, he should be in game shape by time the playoffs open. Then we would have two top scoring lines:

Frolov - Stumpel - Palffy
Luc - Allison - Straka

Those are all legitimate top 6 forwards. With Cammy, Armstrong, Klatt to fill in when needed.