HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Fantasy Poll (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=32488)

crossxcheck 12-01-2003 11:00 AM

Fantasy Poll

Of the following players, which would you most like to see in Nashville? This is obviously only fantasy...so pick anyone...Anyone else...list them. I guess this is essentially "outside of Nashville who is your favorite player" poll :joker:

Joe T Choker 12-01-2003 11:36 AM

Nicklas Lidstrom for me, he is just such a stud on the blueline and as we've been told throughout all of history, defense wins championships, and he's the best of the best right now.

crossxcheck 12-01-2003 11:48 AM

I voted for Milan Hejduk

Radulov for Czar* 12-01-2003 11:55 AM

I voted for Joey Thornton..

tulsytrid1 12-01-2003 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crossxcheck
I voted for Milan Hejduk

I too voted for Hejduk...pure goal scorer with great heands.

RWS 12-01-2003 12:44 PM

I voted Thorton... imagine the 1-2 punch up the middle of Thorton-Legwand

mmmmmmm

DocMcKay 12-01-2003 01:06 PM

Voted for Joey Thorton....But I really wanted to say Bertuzzi. Nashville needs some big bruising scorers.

triggrman 12-01-2003 01:56 PM

I voted Thorton too, put him between Hartnell and Hall, then counter with Shishkanov, Upshall, Legwand.

Olaf 12-02-2003 04:53 AM

Thornton .....a big center with serious skills.

PredsMan 12-02-2003 05:06 AM

Lidstrom.

As much as I hate the Wings...he's just awesome. Arguably the best player in the NHL.

SmokeyClause 12-02-2003 06:40 AM

I'd go with Nash hands down. He's the youngest and the cheapest.

Lidstrom is too expensive and likely won't be in the NHL much longer.

Hejduk and Thornton are great but both make a good chunk of change and could very likely become UFA's once their current contracts expire (under the new CBA). A similar case can be made against Bert.

Nash has the size we need, he has great hands and would be a perfect match for Legwand/Erat.

Don't know why Kaberle, Dvorak, or Kozlov are on there. There are atleast 20 NHLers at their positions who do their job better and don't cost too much more.

We have no need for Gonchar. He wouldn't have near the points for us because I think he's not a considerably upgrade from Timonen. Plus, he's due to make a lot of money.

Roenick is too old...next!

I want a player that will be hitting his prime along with the team (in about 5 years or so). Nash is the only one that fits that bill.

I'd take Kovalchuk before Nash though.

crossxcheck 12-02-2003 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeyClause

Don't know why Kaberle, Dvorak, or Kozlov are on there. There are atleast 20 NHLers at their positions who do their job better and don't cost too much more.

I threw that together really quickly, but you're right...I could have picked a lot better players than dvorak, kaberle, and/or kozlov.

PredsFan77* 12-02-2003 04:33 PM

Since this is fantasy, I'd take Bert, he's a beast and one of my favorite players.. :handclap: