HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Patrick Traverse (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=32489)

montreal 12-01-2003 11:01 AM

Patrick Traverse

I know that the rants around here are getting old, but what the hell is the organization thinking? Traverse, a one time NHLer, is now playing on the 3rd pairing in Hamilton, and he still can't do his job effectivly. Ok I understand that buying out a player may not be the best option, and that the Dogs defense could use his NHL experince and decent passing, but he's been downright brutal. Yet he's played in every game, and has done nothing offensivly outside of one good game, and on the defensive side he's got the worst +/- (-2) and is a damn joke physically. In the games I was at he was sorely outplayed by the rookie Cote, and I was really embarrassed for him, as he looked that bad. AHL guys were blowing by him and he couldn't contain them along the boards with his wicked hig checks (roll eyes) and in front of the net, well I don't know he even tries cause he couldn't move a 20 pound sack let alone a hockey player.

What is going on Savard? Why keep this slug around, or at least why does he play so much? Play Cote more, he's been impressive, or callup Shasby, as Shasby could be on the Dogs next year when Traverse and hopefully Dykhuis are gone along with Hainsey (who better be with the Habs next year along with Komo).

Also I know that the Dogs are the top team in the AHL and they need to focus on winning every game, as they have a really good shot at the Calder Cup if the goaltending holds up (Damphousse I'm looking in your direction, as Fichaud has picked it up lately) But you also have to think about the team next year, and while I do think it's good for Shasby to be playing a good bit in the ECHL (I dont know what pairing he's on) but I'd like to see him get some games in, or give Cote more icetime, who I was very impressed with when I was at the games.

That's my rant for the day. :cry:

Darz 12-01-2003 11:08 AM

Just be thankful he ain't up in Montreal.

I understand your rant. At this point he has slipped so far down the depth charts that a trip to the ECHL should be his next stop.

Larmar 12-01-2003 12:40 PM

Patric Traverse is sucks. His place AHL or lower.Because of him we have lost many glasses in the past year.

Habs 12-01-2003 01:09 PM

Watching Travesty play, reminds me of when they throw a monkey a rubic's cube for a science experiment.

EquabaleAce 12-01-2003 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs
Watching Travesty play, reminds me of when they throw a monkey a rubic's cube for a science experiment.

hahaha :bow:

Howie Morenz 12-01-2003 01:48 PM

They are keeping him around in case the Zamboni driver gets sick. :)

CHareth 12-01-2003 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs

But monkeys are really cool to watch. Hell some of them might even be better hockey players, a la the one in "MVP: Most Valuable Primate".