HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Just posted this on the Sabres board (trade proposal) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=32516)

Radulov for Czar* 12-01-2003 12:04 PM

Just posted this on the Sabres board (trade proposal)

It's a stretch here, but maybe a 3 way deal involving Nashville, Edmonton, and Buffalo.

To Nashville: Satan, EDM 3rd
To Edmonton: Biron, Arkhipov
To Buffalo: Comrie, Kloucek, NSH 2nd

Dunno how fair this is, just speculating.

AL-Canadian 12-01-2003 12:28 PM

You'll love a couple of their (Buffalo's) responses to that trade. Seems a few of the Sabres' folks are brain dead or lost in never-never land with regards to getting Hamhuis in a deal for Satan. They really didn't even try to make a logical case for that 3-way trade idea.

Joe T Choker 12-01-2003 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AL-Canadian
You'll love a couple of their (Buffalo's) responses to that trade. Seems a few of the Sabres' folks are brain dead or lost in never-never land with regards to getting Hamhuis in a deal for Satan. They really didn't even try to make a logical case for that 3-way trade idea.

Yup KillToronto is an obnoxious braindead tool

Radulov for Czar* 12-01-2003 12:31 PM

Quote:

guess so. I wonder if ANYONE is gonna comment on it?

crossxcheck 12-01-2003 12:54 PM

I'd not mind having Satan on our squad. Could you imagine everyone in Nashville yelling "Let's go Satan!" or "Hail Satan!" (saying it with the obvious pronunciation).

PredsFan77* 12-01-2003 01:15 PM

Quote:

Keeping in mind these are the same people that thought Delmore was going to be their savior...

SmokeyClause 12-01-2003 02:03 PM

Jonesey, you shouldn't have done that. There are about 5 respectable Buffalo posters, 2 others are ok, and then there is an abundance of arrogant, obnoxious trolls who bring new meaning to the world hyper-homer.

SmokeyClause 12-01-2003 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crossxcheck
I'd not mind having Satan on our squad. Could you imagine everyone in Nashville yelling "Let's go Satan!" or "Hail Satan!" (saying it with the obvious pronunciation).

I'm not sure I want Satan. At 4.75 mil, I would rather have the 2.5 Comries you could nab at that price. If we thought about adding 5 mil, I would rather have seen us nab Straka for 4.35, subtract arkhipov for 1 mil, and end up with Comrie for 1.5 mi. For 4.85, or about a 100k more, we'd get Straka and Comrie. And it didn't take much to get Straka. We could have easily outbid L.A. We could lose 1 mediocre prospect, one subpar prospect, Arkhipov and then higher pick for both of those.

Enoch 12-01-2003 02:52 PM

If Satan wasn't so high-priced, I wouldn't mind to have him on this team. His salary, though, is jsut too high, and will cause alot of changes in the future for Pollie.

future consideration 12-01-2003 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsFan77
Keeping in mind these are the same people that thought Delmore was going to be their savior...

Who thought that?? Most thought and hoped that Delmore on the PP. He hasn't and everyone is dissapointed.

As for the trade proposal what did you think everyone would say. Comrie is nice but worth Satan. Biron worth way more then Klouchek. Not saying I wouldn't want either of those two, but not for that price. And yes if we traded Satan to Nashville you better believe Regeir would be asking for Hamhius or Legwand. Who else would the Sabres want? Don't believe me post it on the NHL board and ask what it would take for the Preds to get Satan and I almost guarentee that those two names would come up, and I don't blame them. I can see why you wouldn't want to trade Hamhuis but don't say Sabres fan are crazy for asking for Hamhuis.

Also Smokey; please don't generalize the Sabres board. While there is a couple posters who aren't respectful or classy sometimes, there is alot of posters who are. Every board has some trolls so don't make it out like the Sabres board is the worst.

crossxcheck 12-01-2003 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enoch
If Satan wasn't so high-priced, I wouldn't mind to have him on this team. His salary, though, is jsut too high, and will cause alot of changes in the future for Pollie.

Maybe that's what I meant to say :D

SmokeyClause 12-01-2003 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by future consideration
Also Smokey; please don't generalize the Sabres board. While there is a couple posters who aren't respectful or classy sometimes, there is alot of posters who are. Every board has some trolls so don't make it out like the Sabres board is the worst.

I didn't generalize in any way. I listed the Sabres fans I knew, though I left some out. From what I have seen, you guys have several respectable posters, some ok ones, but you have a ton of homer trolls. I could list them for you, but I'd get in trouble. You may not notice it being a Sabres, but we've experienced 3 or 4 on here after the Delmore trade. There are several more that stayed away. I should have said, "6-8 good posters, 7 or 8 really, really bad and the rest (5 or so) are ok."

triggrman 12-02-2003 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by future consideration
Who thought that?? Most thought and hoped that Delmore on the PP. He hasn't and everyone is dissapointed.

As for the trade proposal what did you think everyone would say. Comrie is nice but worth Satan. Biron worth way more then Klouchek. Not saying I wouldn't want either of those two, but not for that price. And yes if we traded Satan to Nashville you better believe Regeir would be asking for Hamhius or Legwand. Who else would the Sabres want? Don't believe me post it on the NHL board and ask what it would take for the Preds to get Satan and I almost guarentee that those two names would come up, and I don't blame them. I can see why you wouldn't want to trade Hamhuis but don't say Sabres fan are crazy for asking for Hamhuis.

Man I wish the boards would not have crashed. I'd love to bring back all those threads right after the trade was made so you all could see these Sabres fans talking about how much better he was going to be with them, and how they robbed us blind. More than a few came on here talking about in a few years with the Sabres he'd be a Norris canidate. Oh, and how he'd be on the top line by the end of the season because their coach and system was so much better than the Predators and they could teach him how to play defense. There was so much lusting over Delmore from posters on the board it got sick.

SmokeyClause 12-02-2003 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman
Man I wish the boards would not have crashed. I'd love to bring back all those threads right after the trade was made so you all could see these Sabres fans talking about how much better he was going to be with them, and how they robbed us blind. More than a few came on here talking about in a few years with the Sabres he'd be a Norris canidate. Oh, and how he'd be on the top line by the end of the season because their coach and system was so much better than the Predators and they could teach him how to play defense. There was so much lusting over Delmore from posters on the board it got sick.

Ugghh, no amount of eye rolling would suffice when they were on here talking about how Ruff's mastery would make Delmore defensively sound. There were several Buff posters who flat out said he wouldn't amount to anything but they never found their way over here. The ones that did flamed our team, our fans, our city, our coaches, our players, it just didn't end. Delmore's failure is ever so sweet in light of what was said.