HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Will kasistyn sign soon? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=32561)

habsfan11 12-01-2003 03:02 PM

Will kasistyn sign soon?

We saw Zherdev get signed today, what do think are the chances that kasistyn gets signed this season? Hes playing on the 4th line with limited ice time, personally i would like to see him in hamilton, adjusting the NA hockey on a top line, so that, god premitting theres no lock out, he could play with the big club next year.

The habs need scoring, kasistyn brings that IMO

Vicious 12-01-2003 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey_s_
We saw Zherdev get signed today, what do think are the chances that kasistyn gets signed this season? Hes playing on the 4th line with limited ice time, personally i would like to see him in hamilton, adjusting the NA hockey on a top line, so that, god premitting theres no lock out, he could play with the big club next year.

Zherdev signed during the summer.. He just couldn't come to NA because of his red army duty. Now thats sorted out, so he is coming over. Kastsitsyn has the same duties, but I believe he can't be signed before next offseason.. The last date for signing prospects was sometime in October (the day Staal and Fleury signed).

habsfan19 12-01-2003 03:22 PM

i doubt that Kastsitsyn will be in NA this year

hopefully next year, do like Perezhogin and play a year in the minors
but I've never actually seen him play and don't have a clue of what he is capable of doing

according to scouting reports he has lots of talent
we'll see in a few years

Habs won't rush kids in the lineup

Team_Spirit 12-01-2003 03:22 PM

Exactly , Zherdev missed liss time than Svitov ... it's a good thing .

CrAzYNiNe 12-01-2003 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey_s_

Are you kidding me? I mean first off Zherdev signed in the summer, but had to report to the Russian military. Kastisyn might be a goal scorer at his young age, but put him against big players and he doesn't play all that well yet. The Russian super league might not be as talented as the NHL but it's up there none the less, and if he is getting 4th line time, what do you think he will get in the NHL?

Habs4Life 12-01-2003 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY_NiNe
Are you kidding me? I mean first off Zherdev signed in the summer, but had to report to the Russian military. Kastisyn might be a goal scorer at his young age, but put him against big players and he doesn't play all that well yet. The Russian super league might not be as talented as the NHL but it's up there none the less, and if he is getting 4th line time, what do you think he will get in the NHL?

What you don't get it is the RSL is way different from the NHL

The RSL has player's who have played for year's and have earnedto be on the top line, with the NHL is alot different because they actually give young player's a chance for the most part.

Team_Spirit 12-01-2003 04:32 PM

Ottawa prospect Kaigrodov and undrafted Ovechkin both play on top 2 line in the RSL . I'm sure some other Russian prospect play in the RSL top lines as well .

Natural Habs Fan 12-01-2003 04:40 PM

I hope he plays in Hamilton next year so I can go see him when they play the Roadrunners here in TO.

Freaky Habs Fan 12-01-2003 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
Ottawa prospect Kaigrodov and undrafted Ovechkin both play on top 2 line in the RSL . I'm sure some other Russian prospect play in the RSL top lines as well .

Kastistyn play for the CSKA. It's one of the best team in the RSL. The is probably the main reason for his fourth line minutes. Also, Zherdev was playing on the fouth line to. It's a normal thing in the RSL. Put Andrei in the NHL and he could be on one of the top 2 line.

theo6060 12-01-2003 05:01 PM

With Zherdev coming to North America, wouldn't that mean there's a roster spot open on that right wing? Hence, perhaps, Kastsitsyn will see more ice time...

Wildcat 12-01-2003 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theo6060
With Zherdev coming to North America, wouldn't that mean there's a roster spot open on that right wing? Hence, perhaps, Kastsitsyn will see more ice time...

Even when Zherdev was injured earlier on in the season Kastsitsyn wasn’t seeing regular time on the fourth line so I doubt anything would change with Zherdev coming over to North America.. It might though.

I’m not really sure what’s best for him – playing loads of minutes, albeit in a crumby league, or seeing limited ice team on CSKA being tutored by arguably one of the most reputable coaches…

I just hope he’s working hard on his game and hopefully next year he’ll make a quick transition to North America in Hamilton and be ready for scoring line duties for the Habs in 2005-2006 or possibly earlier.

montreal 12-01-2003 06:07 PM

Kastsitsyn won't be in North America this year. We'll have to wait and see if he's signed over the summer.

I'll try and clear up some things from this thread from what limited things I know. Zherdev was signed in time and his transfer fee paid, but CSKA refused to release him, which is a bunch of crap IMO, but I can't say I folllowed this story closely. Now from what I hear, Zherdev hasn't been playing well this year, so he's been getting limited ice time. I assume he got tired of that, as I heard he just left, but I haven't really read too much on it yet, so I don't know if he had permission or not, just that I got the impression he didn't have permission and just left.

Kastsitsyn was playing some 4th line for CSKA, at center and on the wing, but right now I am guessing he is sick, as he hasn't played for either team in a week and his coach is sick, so perhaps he couldn't dress, but who knows since I don't speak Russian, info is tough to come by. With Zherdev gone, there's still a lot of good young players on CSKA, so there's nothing to say that Kasty will get called back up in Zherdev's place.

goalchenyuk 12-01-2003 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan
Kastistyn play for the CSKA. It's one of the best team in the RSL. The is probably the main reason for his fourth line minutes. Also, Zherdev was playing on the fouth line to. It's a normal thing in the RSL. Put Andrei in the NHL and he could be on one of the top 2 line.

you look really sure about him ; how many time have you seen him played ? 10 ,15 ,20 times ?

do you know other players that can only crack the 4 th line of the russian league that would instantly have succes in a 2 nd line in a nhl team ? may be we could signed them ..

:rolly:. :D

Dutchy 12-01-2003 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montreal
Kastsitsyn won't be in North America this year. We'll have to wait and see if he's signed over the summer.

I'll try and clear up some things from this thread from what limited things I know. Zherdev was signed in time and his transfer fee paid, but CSKA refused to release him, which is a bunch of crap IMO, but I can't say I folllowed this story closely. Now from what I hear, Zherdev hasn't been playing well this year, so he's been getting limited ice time. I assume he got tired of that, as I heard he just left, but I haven't really read too much on it yet, so I don't know if he had permission or not, just that I got the impression he didn't have permission and just left.

Kastsitsyn was playing some 4th line for CSKA, at center and on the wing, but right now I am guessing he is sick, as he hasn't played for either team in a week and his coach is sick, so perhaps he couldn't dress, but who knows since I don't speak Russian, info is tough to come by. With Zherdev gone, there's still a lot of good young players on CSKA, so there's nothing to say that Kasty will get called back up in Zherdev's place.

What's Kastistyn's natural position?

montreal 12-01-2003 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark0v
you look really sure about him ; how many time have you seen him played ? 10 ,15 ,20 times ?

do you know other players that can only crack the 4 th line of the russian league that would instantly have succes in a 2 nd line in a nhl team ? may be we could signed them ..

:rolly:. :D

I heard of one guy. Kovalchuk, he plays for the Thrashers, pretty good goal scorer too. :yo: But he never played a game in the RSL, only the High league.

montreal 12-01-2003 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchy
What's Kastistyn's natural position?

I understand it to be LW, but he's played all 3 forward positions, like many Euro's.