HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Olli Jokinen ?? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=326012)

HomaridII 12-27-2006 01:54 PM

Olli Jokinen ??

Eklund has a rumor today of 4 teams interested in Jokinen, the Habs being one of them.

I actually think we have the pieces to make this trade, start with Ryder, throw in a prospect and a 1st round pick ...

Bill McNeal 12-27-2006 02:03 PM

The source aside, I'm not really sure why Florida would trade Jokinen. Even if they are giving up on the season (and it seems a little early for that) the contract they gave him would indicate he's an important part of their future and he's happy there.

Mike8 12-27-2006 02:09 PM

I've sort of wondered if Jokinen is truly happy there still. Jokinen signed that contract while Keenan was in Florida, and Jokinen is a big fan of Keenan. He's asked Keenan to coach Finland even.

Regardless of whether Jokinen's happy or not, he's a professional, and Florida's not going to give him away or consider dealing him unless they want to go in a different direction. But what direction could Florida want that would not involve a number one center who can play a skill-game or a physical-game, and would leave a gaping hole not only in Florida's offense, but also among their center depth?

Jokinen's great. I like him a lot. He'd be ideal in Montreal. But I can't see Florida dealing him.

ChemiseBleuHonnete 12-27-2006 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomaridII (Post 7472936)
Eklund has a rumor today of 4 teams interested in Jokinen, the Habs being one of them.

I actually think we have the pieces to make this trade, start with Ryder, throw in a prospect and a 1st round pick ...

eklund... :shakehead

JMMR 12-27-2006 02:16 PM

He is signed till 09/10 and when he signed I assume he believed that they would keep Luongo now that he is gone there could be a chance he has asked to be moved but he does have a high price tag.

Pascal 12-27-2006 02:18 PM

Would take him any day, but I thnk the price would be up there.

Drive425 12-27-2006 02:22 PM

He's a special player...but special players come with special price tags...so I don't think the Habs would be willing to give up what Florida would want...then again Bertuzzi for Luongo makes me wonder! :biglaugh:

DerekT 12-27-2006 02:26 PM

Kovalev, a prospect, and a pick?

beowulf 12-27-2006 02:27 PM

What's his contract at? Would need to clear a decent chunk of salary to fit him in.

antidot 12-27-2006 02:42 PM

Eklund is going to link the Habs each time that a center will be on the market , because he knows that we need one .

I doubt about that possible trade , because Florida would ask Higgins in return .

JMMR 12-27-2006 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beowulf (Post 7473356)
What's his contract at? Would need to clear a decent chunk of salary to fit him in.

5 mil + till 09/10

BaseballCoach 12-27-2006 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomaridII (Post 7472936)

Michael Ryder, Sergei Samsonov and a first-round draft pick

znk 12-27-2006 03:07 PM

Ryder + Plekanec + prospect + 1st Rounder.
Is that too much? too little?

Lats-Koivu-Higgins
Samsonov-Jokinen-Kovalev
Perez-Bonk-Johnson
Begin-Lapierre-Streit/Murray

I dont know where that would put us salary wise next year....but that lineup looks pretty good to me.

edd1e 12-27-2006 03:11 PM

One thing he got is a big shot, dont know if Montreal is missing that. Ofcourse he brings a lot of other things too, like leadership and offensive power in all. Im not sure if Florida is willing to let go their captain, doubt they want.

Drive425 12-27-2006 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by znk (Post 7473889)

Lats-Koivu-Higgins
Samsonov-Jokinen-Kovalev
Perez-Bonk-Johnson

I dont know where that would put us salary wise next year....but that lineup looks pretty good to me.

I think the cap blows this deal up however cap aside the prospect would probably have to be Price from Florida's perspective. :eek:

edd1e 12-27-2006 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by znk (Post 7473889)

Lats-Koivu-Higgins
Samsonov-Jokinen-Kovalev
Perez-Bonk-Johnson

That would definitelly be an upgrade, downright scary lineup.

znk 12-27-2006 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edd1e (Post 7473917)
One thing he got is a big shot, dont know if Montreal is missing that. Ofcourse he brings a lot of other things too, like leadership and offensive power in all. Im not sure if Florida is willing to let go their captain, doubt they want.

Jokinen has 183 shots on goal. The leader on the habs has 102!

Habs 4 Life 12-27-2006 03:38 PM

Jokinen would be a great fit on this team.However I doubt it happens.I think honestly we have a better shot at Lecavalier then Jokinen.

Also note that Martin is in charge and he knows the Habs pretty well and the return would be way to much IMO

Souffle 12-27-2006 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike8 (Post 7473142)
I've sort of wondered if Jokinen is truly happy there still. Jokinen signed that contract while Keenan was in Florida, and Jokinen is a big fan of Keenan. He's asked Keenan to coach Finland even.

Regardless of whether Jokinen's happy or not, he's a professional, and Florida's not going to give him away or consider dealing him unless they want to go in a different direction. But what direction could Florida want that would not involve a number one center who can play a skill-game or a physical-game, and would leave a gaping hole not only in Florida's offense, but also among their center depth?

Jokinen's great. I like him a lot. He'd be ideal in Montreal. But I can't see Florida dealing him.

Nice post. I'd love to see Jokinen in Montreal. But if Florida is thinking about dealing him, I really doubt it would be a quantity for quality deal. I don't think they'd settle for anything less than the best possible return.

The pieces that would be of interest are probably Higgins, Price, Latendresse. I'd be surprised if Florida would make a deal without any of those guys in it, though maybe they'd be interested in Halak, Kostitsyn, Ryder, O'Byrne, etc. It would be expensive, but if it could be done without involving the "untouchables", I'd keep an open mind.

Habs13 12-27-2006 03:42 PM

Would love Jokinen as a Hab but it isn't realistic.

tinyzombies 12-27-2006 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life (Post 7474196)
Jokinen would be a great fit on this team.However I doubt it happens.I think honestly we have a better shot at Lecavalier then Jokinen.

Also note that Martin is in charge and he knows the Habs pretty well and the return would be way to much IMO

Assuming he's good at evaluating talent. Remember, this is the same guy who had a high-powered offense like the Sens playing the trap and who couldn't win a playoff series for his life with maybe the best team in the league.

Florida needs a bit of everything, but I doubt they'd let go of Jokinen. Big centers who play a gritty game AND put up points are impossible to come by. I would be willing to literally trade the farm for him, especially since Koivu would know his character inside out. I might rather have Jokinen than Lecavalier.

jordi 12-27-2006 03:48 PM

Ahaha, I can't imagine this happening. Like everyone says, they aint letting go of Jokinen - that'll destroy the fans and possibly the team. I'd hate to sell any of our best kids just to get him anyway.

Habs 4 Life 12-27-2006 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raketheleaves (Post 7474247)
I might rather have Jokinen than Lecavalier.

I would have agreed with you last year.But the way Lecav has been playing latelly,im really impressed.Jokinen will always put up the points no matter where.It's a tough one,but I would really just be happy with either:D

Westcoasthabsfan 12-27-2006 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMMR (Post 7473658)
5 mil + till 09/10

Thats a steal at that price until 09/10...

Habsfan 32 12-27-2006 03:56 PM

I'd like to see him in a Habs uni for sure but it might be expensive.