HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Aaron Downey made my night (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=326165)

sourgrapes* 12-27-2006 11:37 PM

Aaron Downey made my night

comming back from a pummeling to give a candid interview... "I haven't fought in two months..." haha at least he scored one.

emb24* 12-27-2006 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sourgrapes (Post 7478090)
comming back from a pummeling to give a candid interview... "I haven't fought in two months..." haha at least he scored one.

well if throwing punches with your face counts for something...he won!

laubelroc 12-28-2006 09:40 AM

goon

downey has got to be the worst excuse for a tough guyin any hockey error bar none.he got bleeped out i cant belive it the worst excuse ever .get somenoe quick dont care what he dose in dressing room hes our goon nothing else its bloney.

Boulette Cannon 12-28-2006 09:44 AM

I love Downey even if he's not a good fighter. He has tremendous team spirit and is a big reason why the team chemistry is so high right now.

fufonzo 12-28-2006 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laubelroc (Post 7479912)
downey has got to be the worst excuse for a tough guyin any hockey error bar none.he got bleeped out i cant belive it the worst excuse ever .get somenoe quick dont care what he dose in dressing room hes our goon nothing else its bloney.

Goons are not a factor in todays NHL. Downey is just fine.
Brashear woul pummel most anyone in the NHL today.

baldrick 12-28-2006 09:48 AM

His TOI was 1:37 for the game, I'd call that making the most of your opportunities :biglaugh: :yo:

gusfring 12-28-2006 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fufonzo (Post 7479935)
Goons are not a factor in todays NHL. Downey is just fine.
Brashear woul pummel most anyone in the NHL today.

No he wouldn't...

Pascal 12-28-2006 09:59 AM

Quote:

Huh? Goons lose fights sometimes, it's okay. And Downey has the heart of a lion and the CH is tattooed on it. He's a great guy.

And i'd love to see you fight Brashear. :yo:

loudi94 12-28-2006 10:05 AM

Quote:

En Anglais s'il veut plait....

gusfring 12-28-2006 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pascal (Post 7480020)
Huh? Goons lose fights sometimes, it's okay. And Downey has the heart of a lion and the CH is tattooed on it. He's a great guy.

And i'd love to see you fight Brashear. :yo:

Downey hasn't won a fight since Boulerice. He is a good team guy, but there's a reason he's been on 4 teams.

He's a terrible fighter.

Team_Spirit 12-28-2006 10:46 AM

Donald was good sport, he could have done much more damage to you beloved Potato man.

Riverside Habs Fan 12-28-2006 11:26 AM

The guy did get pounded.

But he works super hard and will stick up for his teamates, what more can we ask of him?

He is not a regular in the lineup but when he plays he gives 110% and would rather have him out there then Garth on most nights.

Habs 4 Life 12-28-2006 11:29 AM

I like Downey and everything but still was that the right time for him to fight?We are up 2 -0 and he decides to fight Brashear when he probably knows he is gonna get pounded and maybe spark the Caps?I don't know if Carbo was happy about that.Downey needs to fight when we need a lift not when were up on the scoreboard

Habsfan18 12-28-2006 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life (Post 7480690)
I like Downey and everything but still was that the right time for him to fight?We are up 2 -0 and he decides to fight Brashear when he probably knows he is gonna get pounded and maybe spark the Caps?I don't know if Carbo was happy about that.Downey needs to fight when we need a lift not when were up on the scoreboard

well, did you think that maybe it was the other way around and Brashear was trying to spark his team? lol

Habs 4 Life 12-28-2006 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsfan18 (Post 7480706)
well, did you think that maybe it was the other way around and Brashear was trying to spark his team? lol

No for real? Was a bomb placed in his gloves that he had to drop them?Seriously

Whitesnake 12-28-2006 11:40 AM

Downey always goes with that Boulerice one-punch move...if that doesn't work he's in trouble.

But he's a good teamate to have around, especially as the 13th forward.

beowulf 12-28-2006 11:48 AM

Quote:

What language is this exactly? Drunkease?

Downey is great worth having him around, he is willing to drop the gloves and is amazing in the room and his interviews have got to be some of the best.

TheHoser 12-28-2006 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nittany (Post 7480313)
Downey hasn't won a fight since Boulerice. He is a good team guy, but there's a reason he's been on 4 teams.

He's a terrible fighter.

He beat up big-bad Chris Neil earlier this season and handed Jason "Gator" Smith his *** in the Edmonton game. He got clobbered in this fight, but that's all because he made one mistake at the start and couldn't recover.

Not the greatest fighter, but his heart and his leadership abilities more then make up for it; and he can hold his own in the ring.

bayrider 12-28-2006 12:06 PM

How many players have the testicular fortitude to step up to Brashear? How about on the Canadiens? 1, 2 players? Downey was just sending a message to the Caps that he won't back down, Brashear or no Brashear.

gusfring 12-28-2006 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHoser (Post 7480948)
He beat up big-bad Chris Neil earlier this season and handed Jason "Gator" Smith his *** in the Edmonton game. He got clobbered in this fight, but that's all because he made one mistake at the start and couldn't recover.

Not the greatest fighter, but his heart and his leadership abilities more then make up for it; and he can hold his own in the ring.

he beat up Neil? you might want to check again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGjAGKTG7JI

If that is beating up, then what would you call last night?

gusfring 12-28-2006 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bayrider (Post 7481027)
How many players have the testicular fortitude to step up to Brashear? How about on the Canadiens? 1, 2 players? Downey was just sending a message to the Caps that he won't back down, Brashear or no Brashear.

Probably none on the Habs, but most other tough guy in the league who would do a better job than Downey did last night. Case in point, Peters in Buffalo.

HabuseMoi 12-28-2006 12:28 PM

Downey won in my hearth and it's the only thing that count.

Drive425 12-28-2006 12:30 PM

Poor Downey...As soon as they lined up against each other I knew he was gonna get pummelled. :( He does have alot of testicular fortitude standing up to that beast Brashear though!!:D I know we don't have roster room but we should carry a heavy weight, Downey is a middle weight at best...he'll get pummelled by every tough heavy weight and I don't want Komi or Souray fighting!

GO HABS!!! :yo:

gusfring 12-28-2006 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drive425 (Post 7481240)
Poor Downey...As soon as they lined up against each other I knew he was gonna get pummelled. :( He does have alot of testicular fortitude standing up to that beast Brashear though!!:D I know we don't have roster room but we should carry a heavy weight, Downey is a middle weight at best...he'll get pummelled by every tough heavy weight and I don't want Komi or Souray fighting!

GO HABS!!! :yo:

Agree 100%. Well said/written.

Nova_Scotia_Vees 12-28-2006 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life (Post 7480690)

Donald was out there to bully habs players and turn the momentum around Downey did what he had to do and lost that's a team guy for ya.