HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   NHL Draft - Prospects (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Pick 3 from this list please... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=326374)

rompo 12-28-2006 04:21 PM

Pick 3 from this list please...
 
Sometimes when I compare prospects from different leagues and years I get dizzy trying to compare... please pick and rate 3+ players from this list based on the potential of point production for their NHL career. Also add the likelihood of reaching that potential. Note, D are weighted at a higher worth...Just tell me who you like, and anything else... Thanks.

O'Sullivan
Letang
Oksopo
Michalek
Bergfors
Lee
Bourdon
Weber
Smid
Pouliot
Bobby Ryan
Stastny
Latendresse
Kostistsyn
Franson
Little
Downie
Mueller
Frolik
Schremp

Rather Gingerly 1* 12-28-2006 04:28 PM

What has happened to Bobby Ryan?

He was the second pick in a great draft yet did not make Team USA as a 19 year-old. Was he that overrated?

JEIannicello 12-28-2006 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rather Gingerly 1 (Post 7483444)
What has happened to Bobby Ryan?

He was the second pick in a great draft yet did not make Team USA as a 19 year-old. Was he that overrated?

I think it was the case of him not being the quickest guy. They were talking about it on TSN, how he excells on the PP (and how the USA has struggled on the PP). I'm not sure exactly why he was left off..his size and being on the big ice is just a guess.

Winston Wolf 12-28-2006 05:07 PM

If I had to pick three players to take from this list, it would be Smid, Weber, and Michalek.

The_Hockey_Guy18 12-28-2006 05:15 PM

I would choose 4 players from that list, that I can see becoming elite players in the NHL. Okposo, Letang, Michalek should all become stars down the road, especially Okposo, in my opinion. Throughout the first 2 WJHC games so far, he has totally controlled the ice while he was out there. No points so far, if I'm not mistaking, but playing very well, none the less. The 4th player I would mention is Frolik. If he plays up to his potential throughout his career, he could become a great player for the Panthers. But, from what I have seen recently, he hasn't been playing very well. If he keeps playing like he is, I could see 2nd liner for a career.

Just my $0.02.

raad_luongo 12-31-2006 09:21 PM

BOURDON,letang,oksopo!!

CH Wizard 12-31-2006 10:04 PM

Weber, Okposo (this guy is a stud), Michalek

Allen Degenerate 12-31-2006 10:48 PM

Weber, Stastny, Okposo.

Weber and Stastny are doing well at the NHL level, and Okposo is dominating at the WJC.

turnbuckle* 12-31-2006 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adam sinister (Post 7514004)
Weber, Stastny, Okposo.

Weber and Stastny are doing well at the NHL level, and Okposo is dominating at the WJC.

I would hardly call one goal in four games dominant. He's looked good, and is certainly physically superior to most if not all of his colleagues, but he hasn't translated that into offensive dominance...at least not yet.

It's still awfully early, but these are the four I would pick at this point:

Okposo
Michalek
Weber
Latendresse

TaiMaiShu 12-31-2006 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadjet (Post 7483384)
Sometimes when I compare prospects from different leagues and years I get dizzy trying to compare... please pick and rate 3+ players from this list based on the potential of point production for their NHL career. Also add the likelihood of reaching that potential. Note, D are weighted at a higher worth...Just tell me who you like, and anything else... Thanks.

O'Sullivan
Letang
Oksopo
Michalek
Bergfors
Lee
Bourdon
Weber
Smid
Pouliot
Bobby Ryan
Stastny
Latendresse
Kostistsyn
Franson
Little
Downie
Mueller
Frolik
Schremp


no name 01-01-2007 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadjet (Post 7483384)
Sometimes when I compare prospects from different leagues and years I get dizzy trying to compare... please pick and rate 3+ players from this list based on the potential of point production for their NHL career. Also add the likelihood of reaching that potential. Note, D are weighted at a higher worth...Just tell me who you like, and anything else... Thanks.

O'Sullivan
Letang
Oksopo
Michalek
Bergfors
Lee
Bourdon
Weber
Smid
Pouliot
Bobby Ryan
Stastny
Latendresse
Kostistsyn
Franson
Little
Downie
Mueller
Frolik
Schremp

O'Sullivan
Oksopo
Michalek

Kaizer 01-01-2007 03:31 AM

Weber - D's cornerstone
Stastny - 2-way center, playmaker and leader
Okposo - for power game and to get under the skin

crashthenet 01-01-2007 10:30 AM

Okposo, Weber and O'Sullivan. A power foward, a solid top pairing guy and a winger capable of 70 points.

Rookie Chargers 01-01-2007 10:46 AM

Letang,
Okposo,
Weber

I am liking Downie more and more.

didjuicythat 01-01-2007 12:00 PM

Okposo
Weber
Michalek

turnbuckle* 01-01-2007 07:59 PM

O'Sullivan will be 22 in a month, and has totalled 2 NHL points.

Latendresse won't turn 20 for another six months and he has totalled 17 points in his last 25 NHL games.

Yet several have picked O'Sullivan, who is still playing in the minors for several reasons. I find that puzzling.

Lats is going to be a beast, and I think he'll put up better goal scoring totals than O'Sullivan at the NHL level. O'Sullivan isn't a very good skater, has a questionable work ethic, and isn't overly large. While Latendresse is far from a good skater, he's improved by leaps and bounds the past two seasons. He's 230 pounds, and hits like it, but he's also still got some baby fat, as Aaron Downey admitted on OTR two weeks ago when he said he has love handles. Imagine Latendresse in a couple more years when he's added muscle and lost some more baby fat...he'll be one of the tougher guys in the league to bring down; he already plows though a lot of defencemen.

Is Lats being penalized because of Hab fans overhyping him at the 2005 training camp? Do some fans still put more stock in what he did at last year's WJC than what he's achieving 12 months later at the NHL level?

IMO there's no way you can consider O'Sullivan a better prospect. He was a key component in a deal where the Kings gave up their most talented forward, and yet he's in the minors and can't crack a mediocre Kings' lineup. Crawford's first year in LA; I'm sure he gave O'Sullivan a fair shake...he's not going to piss Lombardi off right away.

I'd be willing to bet the Kings braintrust likes Lewis and Kopitar better than Patrick O, along with Cammalleri as well. I wouldn't be so sure he'll even be a top two center on the Kings in a couple of years.

Talent Analyst 01-01-2007 08:02 PM

Michalek
Weber
Latendresse

no name 01-01-2007 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turnbuckle (Post 7520086)
O'Sullivan will be 22 in a month, and has totalled 2 NHL points.

Latendresse won't turn 20 for another six months and he has totalled 17 points in his last 25 NHL games.

Yet several have picked O'Sullivan, who is still playing in the minors for several reasons. I find that puzzling.

Lats is going to be a beast, and I think he'll put up better goal scoring totals than O'Sullivan at the NHL level. O'Sullivan isn't a very good skater, has a questionable work ethic, and isn't overly large. While Latendresse is far from a good skater, he's improved by leaps and bounds the past two seasons. He's 230 pounds, and hits like it, but he's also still got some baby fat, as Aaron Downey admitted on OTR two weeks ago when he said he has love handles. Imagine Latendresse in a couple more years when he's added muscle and lost some more baby fat...he'll be one of the tougher guys in the league to bring down; he already plows though a lot of defencemen.

Is Lats being penalized because of Hab fans overhyping him at the 2005 training camp? Do some fans still put more stock in what he did at last year's WJC than what he's achieving 12 months later at the NHL level?

IMO there's no way you can consider O'Sullivan a better prospect. He was a key component in a deal where the Kings gave up their most talented forward, and yet he's in the minors and can't crack a mediocre Kings' lineup. Crawford's first year in LA; I'm sure he gave O'Sullivan a fair shake...he's not going to piss Lombardi off right away.

I'd be willing to bet the Kings braintrust likes Lewis and Kopitar better than Patrick O, along with Cammalleri as well. I wouldn't be so sure he'll even be a top two center on the Kings in a couple of years.

O'Sullivan is a world class talent and Lats is not. The Kings are not a young team. They are an old team with 4 young players. Crawford put Sully on the 4th line and gave him 6 minutes a game. No one ever said he had a bad work ethic and you penalizing him for not being "overly large" is silly at best.

Talent Analyst 01-01-2007 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by no name (Post 7521360)
O'Sullivan is a world class talent and Lats is not. The Kings are not a young team. They are an old team with 4 young players. Crawford put Sully on the 4th line and gave him 6 minutes a game. No one ever said he had a bad work ethic and you penalizing him for not being "overly large" is silly at best.

Talent isn't mean everyting . If it is , Kostitsyn is a better prospect than O'Sullivan and I don't think he's . Latendresse would become a first line power foward , like Bertuzzi . And its better than what I project for O'Sullivan .

Buffalo87 01-01-2007 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turnbuckle (Post 7520086)
O'Sullivan will be 22 in a month, and has totalled 2 NHL points.

Latendresse won't turn 20 for another six months and he has totalled 17 points in his last 25 NHL games.

Yet several have picked O'Sullivan, who is still playing in the minors for several reasons. I find that puzzling.

Lats is going to be a beast, and I think he'll put up better goal scoring totals than O'Sullivan at the NHL level. O'Sullivan isn't a very good skater, has a questionable work ethic, and isn't overly large. While Latendresse is far from a good skater, he's improved by leaps and bounds the past two seasons. He's 230 pounds, and hits like it, but he's also still got some baby fat, as Aaron Downey admitted on OTR two weeks ago when he said he has love handles. Imagine Latendresse in a couple more years when he's added muscle and lost some more baby fat...he'll be one of the tougher guys in the league to bring down; he already plows though a lot of defencemen.

Is Lats being penalized because of Hab fans overhyping him at the 2005 training camp? Do some fans still put more stock in what he did at last year's WJC than what he's achieving 12 months later at the NHL level?

IMO there's no way you can consider O'Sullivan a better prospect. He was a key component in a deal where the Kings gave up their most talented forward, and yet he's in the minors and can't crack a mediocre Kings' lineup. Crawford's first year in LA; I'm sure he gave O'Sullivan a fair shake...he's not going to piss Lombardi off right away.

I'd be willing to bet the Kings braintrust likes Lewis and Kopitar better than Patrick O, along with Cammalleri as well. I wouldn't be so sure he'll even be a top two center on the Kings in a couple of years.

As the poster above me said, they could throw him on the 4th line and give him minimal minutes but what is that giong to do for his development? Latendresse is probably further along in his development right now but I have little doubt in my mind that O'Sullivan will one day be the better player. I'm sure the Kings braintrust like Kopitar better than O'Sullivan as well but I doubt they like Lewis more than him. And for the record, I'm pretty sure O'Sullivan has been playing on the wing for the last year or so.

le_sean 01-01-2007 11:59 PM

No love for Benoit Pouliot? He is probably the best natural scorer on the list (faster than Bobby Ryan). I'd pick him on my team for sure, give him a good centre and he can produce. I can see him getting at least 30 goals a season. He is averaging 0.5 goals a game in the AHL (12g in 24gp), which is good for a 20 year old. I'd say about a 30-20 guy, but he is a lot better than Ryder who has those numbers. Maybe a 35-30 guy.

I would also choose Downie because I love a guy like that, someone who does anything to win and also produces (very clutch too). He has the potential to be a Bobby Clarke type player, and if not, definitely a Claude Lemieux, who was as clutch as they come. Drops the gloves and draws penalties by being a pest. I see him being a 20-40 guy also racking up at least a good 100 PIM. But his value is moreso in his ability to break the concentration of the other team.

Being a Canadiens fan I also love Latendresse and he will be something in a few years. He already is going to work out with Komisarek and Higgins, to lose some fat and gain muscle. The kid loves to improve and I also see him taking power skating lessons in the offseason. Look for him to probably at least double his point total next year. I can see him being a 30-30 guy someday.

Freaky Habs Fan 01-02-2007 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buffalo87 (Post 7521831)
As the poster above me said, they could throw him on the 4th line and give him minimal minutes but what is that giong to do for his development? Latendresse is probably further along in his development right now but I have little doubt in my mind that O'Sullivan will one day be the better player. I'm sure the Kings braintrust like Kopitar better than O'Sullivan as well but I doubt they like Lewis more than him. And for the record, I'm pretty sure O'Sullivan has been playing on the wing for the last year or so.

It's hard to say who will become the better player...Right now, if you have seen Latendresse play a couple of time in the last 20 games or so, you have to put him in front because he's playing really good for a player who just turned pro. He brings much more than people thinks...he can pass the puck, keep it, hit, shoot and score...he's becoming a complete player and he really seems to be turning into the next Bertuzzi. In 3-4 years, on a top line with good linemates(which Montreal should have), he could score around 80 points and I don't think I'm overating him...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:40 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.