HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Comrie will not be traded (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=32639)

Oi'll say! 12-01-2003 08:59 PM

Comrie will not be traded

I am absolutely, positively guaranteeing that Mike Comrie will not be traded in the near future or at any time between now and the day he retires as an Edmonton Oiler.

This is no idle guesswork or mere speculation on my part, it is pure fact and you will all find out soon enough.

Either that or I'm using my awesome powers of wrongness to facilitate a trade asap.

Ozy_Flame 12-01-2003 09:18 PM

That doesn't make any sense. Either he's not traded, Edmonton pays him $4 million a season to play with the Oilers and have the crowds boo him every night, or he retires and goes against everything he's stated thus far, such as signing less with another team.

Where do you get this stuff from? A McDonald's placemat?

LoudmouthHemskyfan#1 12-01-2003 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame
That doesn't make any sense. Either he's not traded, Edmonton pays him $4 million a season to play with the Oilers and have the crowds boo him every night, or he retires and goes against everything he's stated thus far, such as signing less with another team.

Ughhh, would people stop with the 4 mil statements.

So incredibly uninformed and speculative.......

And oh yeah, IT's A JOKE :joker:

londberg21 12-01-2003 09:56 PM

Now I'm not trying to speak for the man, but I think in reading the fine print, he's really just hoping to be wrong. I too suffer from the powers of wrongness, so would assume that he's just anticipating being incorrect with another statement, and getting Comrie on his way to Anaheim.

I traded for Comrie though (gave up Skoula, how could I pass it up?) in a keeper league, so that offsets the powers of wrongness from you. I'm all for the Oilers moving Comrie, and wish they would do it soon. I've been an avid reader on this board for a few months now, but I don't understand one thing; why is it the other teams would want Horcoff? I mean, I don't know much about the guy, but it seems I'm constantly reading these Hamhuis and Legwand for Horcoff, Laraque, and Comrie. It seems almost every proposal has Horcoff going out, and I'm just trying to figure out why. Is it just that you guys don't like him, or is he really supposed to be a good player? I'm not trying to be smart, so don't take it the wrong way, I'm just asking for someone to explain to me a little further. I'm totally unbiased towards any of the teams in the bidding (since the Wings aren't touching him), but would see no reason the Preds would give up two of their top players for Comrie and some spare parts. Granted, Laraque is solid, and they could use him, but he's in no way worth giving up Hammy, IMO.

Waveburner 12-01-2003 09:58 PM

This one really flew over a couple people's heads. :lol:

Cerebral 12-01-2003 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by londberg21
It seems almost every proposal has Horcoff going out, and I'm just trying to figure out why. Is it just that you guys don't like him, or is he really supposed to be a good player? I'm not trying to be smart, so don't take it the wrong way, I'm just asking for someone to explain to me a little further. I'm totally unbiased towards any of the teams in the bidding (since the Wings aren't touching him), but would see no reason the Preds would give up two of their top players for Comrie and some spare parts. Granted, Laraque is solid, and they could use him, but he's in no way worth giving up Hammy, IMO.

Supposedly K-Lowe was trying to move Comrie last year to move up in the draft and pick one of the big three d-men.. Nashville asked for Horcoff to be included in a deal and Edmonton backed out is how the story goes. Horcoff had a really strong playoffs last year (one of the few Oilers to do so) and played great in the World Championships. A lot of fans were expecting him to "bust" out this season but he has yet to do so.. despite this fact, his play hasn't been as terrible as a lot of people on these boards have claimed. I believe Horcy is simply suffering from being placed in the wrong role on the team.. he has looked pretty decent the last few games paired up with Laraque. Look for his play to improve as the season wears on (it can only go up..) :)

LoudmouthHemskyFan#2 12-01-2003 10:45 PM

If he has just been in the wrong role...then what is the right role? the only one i thought horcoff was effective in was riding the pine...he had 1st line center time, 3rd and 4th line center time...anyways back on topic and to your question londberg21...We see him every game and have horrible flashbacks to when daniel cleary was an oiler...I just want to trade him while he has SOME value to other teams, before all other 29 GM's realize how bad he is :laugh:

creative giant* 12-02-2003 06:44 AM

Quote:

Some advice. If you ever sign a contract or buy a house; make sure you read the fine print.

That's where they'll try to screw you.

Slats432 12-02-2003 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waveburner
This one really flew over a couple people's heads. :lol:

I think so... :joker:

Volcanologist 12-02-2003 11:52 AM

Just goes to show a lot of folks simply ignore the fine print.

;)

Ozy_Flame 12-04-2003 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMenace
Some advice. If you ever sign a contract or buy a house; make sure you read the fine print.

That's where they'll try to screw you.

Read the above post about retiring. It completely contradicts exactly what Mike Comrie has been looking for.

I don't post this kind of stuff unless it were true, which is more than alot of posters can say lately around here.

oilbaron 12-04-2003 10:58 PM

Quote:

Read the above post about retiring. It completely contradicts exactly what Mike Comrie has been looking for.

I don't post this kind of stuff unless it were true, which is more than alot of posters can say lately around here.

so you're from Calgary? I never would have guessed.

dawgbone 12-05-2003 05:20 AM

Quote:

He is talking about the fine print under the message that started this thread... it was designed as a <b>joke</b>.