HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   The History Of HNIC... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=326503)

ToysInTheAttic 12-29-2006 01:08 AM

The History Of HNIC...

...now known as Hockey Night In Toronto-

http://www.answers.com/topic/hockey-night-in-canada

Yep, I wish that when they say that Leaf games are focused on nationally because the Leafs are the overwhelming favourite of Canadi(a)(e)ns , that they would actually provide some kind of statistical analysis to substantiate this claim.

coolguy21415 12-29-2006 01:22 AM

They don't say that the Leafs are the overwhelming favourite of Canadians. I don't know what the hell you're talking about?

This topic has been beaten to death, though. It's more economically viable to show the Leafs than the Habs.

Hackett 12-29-2006 03:35 AM

It was much less of an issue when SRC was doing the saturday games.

The only time you will see habs games on saturday (nationally) is when they play the leafs. When the habs play crosby and the pens, you might get lucky as well.

But they haven't really broadcasted many habs games even in the province of quebec, let alone, nationally.

On the bright side, with the way things are going with the leafs and sens, the habs may end up being the only canadian team making the playoffs in the eastern time zone. In that case, you will undoubtedly see more of the habs nationally. Of course, the habs could go on a massive losing streak and miss the playoffs too.... :)

Kimota 12-29-2006 06:31 AM

I might be selfish but I actually like that they're showing the Leafs on Saturday on CBC considering in Quebec we already have the Habs game showing at the same time. We the Habs game sucks you can switch to the Leafs games.

p.s. when the Leafs are playing during the week, where are they shown? On what network?

Blades 0f Steel 12-29-2006 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimota (Post 7488712)
I might be selfish but I actually like that they're showing the Leafs on Saturday on CBC considering in Quebec we already have the Habs game showing at the same time. We the Habs game sucks you can switch to the Leafs games.

p.s. when the Leafs are playing during the week, where are they shown? On what network?

Before the lockout, the Leafs had a deal to be shown on CTV every game that wasn't on Saturday. Now it's LeafsTV, with TSN occasionally showing games.

turnbuckle* 12-29-2006 09:48 AM

Quote:

Hab games never suck that much.

optimus2861 12-29-2006 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedScull (Post 7488114)
They don't say that the Leafs are the overwhelming favourite of Canadians. I don't know what the hell you're talking about?

You've never emailed them to complain, then. It's their boilerplate reply to any complaint that they air the Leafs too much (when they bother to reply at all, that is). I don't recall if they actually use the word "overwhelming" but they do say that the majority of their viewers want to see the Leafs.

JordanStaal#1Fan 12-29-2006 04:49 PM

Anyway, who care about CBC, we have all the games on RDS...

Shabutie 12-29-2006 05:14 PM

Quote:

LEAFS TV. I wish we had our own network, and in English...I can't stand Pednault and Houde.