HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Prospects (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Will Shirokov ever play in the NHL? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=327492)

Paxton Fettel 01-01-2007 01:35 PM

Will Shirokov ever play in the NHL?

The other day I watched some WJC games from 05 and 06, and Shirokov was flying out there!!! What a great player!

Will he ever play in the NHL?

J17 Vs Proclamation 01-01-2007 01:39 PM

Vancouver drafted him #163 overall (6th round pick) in 2006. They acquired the 6th rounder in the Luongo trade, so i hope Shirokov turns out to be a bust, otherwise it gets even freakin worse.

Paxton Fettel 01-01-2007 01:40 PM

oops, didn't know he was drafted!

but 163rd??? jeeeeeeeeez

bulgaria 01-02-2007 10:59 AM

Shirokov CSKA 5'10;183 pounds; GP 32;G 10;A 15;points- 25;+ 5
16 in scoring in RSL.Only 20 years old,but he is first line left wing on his team which is on 7 place in RSL .
Not so bad!
You have to know,that this season,his center A. Nikulin(Ottawa)had injury for long time and it was bad for Shirokov,but now everything is O.K.

pitseleh 01-02-2007 12:40 PM

It's been said that the Canucks drafted him because he was willing to come over and play in the AHL. Considering the Canucks' scoring woes, I think he'd have a shot if he were to come over.

Finkle is Einhorn 01-02-2007 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation (Post 7516576)
Vancouver drafted him #163 overall (6th round pick) in 2006. They acquired the 6th rounder in the Luongo trade, so i hope Shirokov turns out to be a bust, otherwise it gets even freakin worse.

I'm fairly sure the Canucks drafted Simek with Florida's 6th rounder. Of course, Simek was a pretty good selection as well, so pick your poison.

sticknrink 01-02-2007 01:15 PM

We used Florida's pick to grab Shirkov.

We nabbed three very good forwards in that draft: Grabner, Shirokov, and Simek.

Luongo, Krajicek, Shirokov for Bertuzzi, Allen, Auld.

J17 Vs Proclamation 01-02-2007 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sticknrink (Post 7525641)
We used Florida's pick to grab Shirkov.

We nabbed three very good forwards in that draft: Grabner, Shirokov, and Simek.

Luongo, Krajicek, Shirokov for Bertuzzi, Allen, Auld.

And that isn't even the worse part, we could have had Havlat instead of Bertuzzi. lol I hope Frolik turns out to be awesome, otherwise it was a horibble summer 2006.

Shirokov has been really impressive, and he has the talent to be a good player at the NHL level. Although he was alot older than most of the guys drafted in 06. Canucks may just have had a sick 06 draft!

coastal_nuck 01-02-2007 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation (Post 7525725)
And that isn't even the worse part, we could have had Havlat instead of Bertuzzi. lol I hope Frolik turns out to be awesome, otherwise it was a horibble summer 2006.

Shirokov has been really impressive, and he has the talent to be a good player at the NHL level. Although he was alot older than most of the guys drafted in 06. Canucks may just have had a sick 06 draft!

Don't put a jinx on us! When was the last time the Canucks have drafted well :sarcasm:

But in all honesty, as good as Shirikov is, he's only good for us if he is willing to come over. That said, his agent did tell Delorme (our head of scouting) that he is willing to come to North America, even if it meant going to the AHL first.

sticknrink 01-02-2007 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation (Post 7525725)

I doubt that deal ever existed.

1) Ottawa wouldn't have traded Havlat in their own division.

2) NO way Keenan trades Luongo within the East.

pitseleh 01-02-2007 02:33 PM

Ottawa wasn't trading within their own division. I'm pretty sure they would have sacrificed trading Havlat if it meant they could finally get that elite goaltender they'd been looking for.

And Ottawa making the offer has no bearing on whether Keenan would have made that deal. IMO, if Keenan felt that the Ottawa deal would have been that much better than the Vancouver offer, he'd be stupid not to do it, whether it was in the conference or not.