HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Calgary Flames (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Rino Injured (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=32752)

McMatty 12-02-2003 09:10 AM

Rino Injured
 
Out one month :eek:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/artic...02_135810_3412

Av-merican 12-02-2003 09:37 AM

Man, that stinketh. He was playing so well too...

Flamesfan 26 12-02-2003 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comrie



Welcome to Calgary Mr. Ronning

kruezer 12-02-2003 01:44 PM

That really does suck. Maybe Conroy can pick up his offense now though? Could he find himself with Iginla again? I'm guessing Lombardi will though, but not necessarily. Maybe a little piece of good can come from this. Sucks it had to be another center though with Betts already on the blink.

Foppa 12-02-2003 03:20 PM

Sad news, but glad to see Reinprecht having a good year.

For a couple seasons there, Avs fans had for the most part upheld the belief that Reinprecht was not that much of a downgrade from Drury...and were mostly lambasted for that opinion.

Curious to know what Calgary fans think...I'd still take Drury (and obviously in Denver, Drury is still a king given his playoff heroics) but Reinprecht is showing he has a bunch of offensive upside and will always play a sound two-way game.

zoidberg 12-02-2003 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foppa
Sad news, but glad to see Reinprecht having a good year.

For a couple seasons there, Avs fans had for the most part upheld the belief that Reinprecht was not that much of a downgrade from Drury...and were mostly lambasted for that opinion.

Curious to know what Calgary fans think...I'd still take Drury (and obviously in Denver, Drury is still a king given his playoff heroics) but Reinprecht is showing he has a bunch of offensive upside and will always play a sound two-way game.

I don't know... I think Drury has more flair, while Rhino has more substance. Not to say Drury wasn't a complete player, he brought more leadership than Reinprecht has, and also played a nice defensive game, but Rhino plays more physical and has a size advantage. I think he's on pace to do more offensive damage than Drury did last year (without the injury... grr...) and plays a better defensive game. I think they're almost equal, but I would probably rather have Drury cause of all his intangibles. But adding Warrener makes the deal very bearable. Man, Warrener is awesome! :)

Big Deaner 12-02-2003 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foppa
Sad news, but glad to see Reinprecht having a good year.

For a couple seasons there, Avs fans had for the most part upheld the belief that Reinprecht was not that much of a downgrade from Drury...and were mostly lambasted for that opinion.

Curious to know what Calgary fans think...I'd still take Drury (and obviously in Denver, Drury is still a king given his playoff heroics) but Reinprecht is showing he has a bunch of offensive upside and will always play a sound two-way game.

Yah I'm not sure who I'd rather take. I think Drury is the flashier player and it's always being said that he's so clutch but I've been really impressed with Rhino. Great vision, great playmaker and solid defensively. All I know is that I'd take Rhino and Warriner and a salary drop over Drury any day.

;)

CNote 12-02-2003 07:54 PM

bummer about reinprecht (gott'im in the pool). i saw that iginla picked up a couple points...who were his linemates?

later,
dutch

kruezer 12-02-2003 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutch
bummer about reinprecht (gott'im in the pool). i saw that iginla picked up a couple points...who were his linemates?

later,
dutch

Pretty solid win IMO. Not only did Iginla have a goal and assist, but Conroy had a couple assists, maybe he can get more offense going? That would be awesome. The defense was solid. 1 Goal Against on 20 shots against. The Flames had 3 goals for and 33 shots. Donovan on the penalty shot :handclap: he's liting it up right now. With his goal Iginla passed Al MacInnis for 6th on the all-time Flame goal list with 214.

The Flame lines started (according to calgaryflames.com) off at least something like this....

McAmmond-Yelle-Iginla
Saprykin-Lombardi-Clark
Gelinas-Conroy-Donovan
Oliwa-McAmmond-Kobasew

I don't know if Morgan played or not (I didn't watch this one). It appeared to be kinda a mish-mash by the looks of it.

Flames Draft Watcher 12-03-2003 08:20 AM

Drury at times showed a better shot than Reinprecht has shown so far. But Reinprecht to me has the edge in vision and passing. Both are quite dynamic with the puck and can beat defenders with stickhandling. Probably give the leadership edge to Drury.

Tough call. Obviously a great deal for us getting the two for one though.

FLAMESFAN 12-03-2003 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher
Drury at times showed a better shot than Reinprecht has shown so far. But Reinprecht to me has the edge in vision and passing. Both are quite dynamic with the puck and can beat defenders with stickhandling. Probably give the leadership edge to Drury.

Tough call. Obviously a great deal for us getting the two for one though.


I never really liked Drury all that much, sure he had some skills, but how many times did he cough up the puck? I didn't really see him as much of a leader either. His real value is suppossed to be in the playoffs, which we never got to see.
All I can say is I'm sure not disappointed in having Rhino, and Warrener in place of Drury.

FanSince2014 12-13-2003 02:22 PM

What is Reinprecht's expected return date?

Any forward in my FHL getting more than two points-per-game is very good and Rhino was getting 2.3 points-per-game at the time he got injured. I can't believe he was available for almost two weeks in my league, I just picked him up today.

Can't wait for him to return, especially with the way the Flames have been playing recently.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:17 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.