HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Is it safe to say that we have the Lundqvist of last season? (merged) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=328680)

mrhockey193195 01-03-2007 09:11 PM

Is it safe to say that we have the Lundqvist of last season? (merged)

Sure, he gave up his first three goals in a shootout last night (one of which he accidently kicked in his own net), but holy cow, were some of his saves AMAZING.

Namely, the one on Langenbrunner, with the game on the line. I honestly could not believe what I saw. :amazed:

Does anyone have a video of the shootout/the Lundqvist save on Langenbrunner?

crisb 01-03-2007 09:15 PM

Yup, he is clutch in the shootouts. Most of his goals let up were very close to being saved.

broadwayblue 01-03-2007 09:48 PM

yeah, pretty strange that he let 3 in and still managed to get the W. usually 1 goal is enough to win the SO, and 2 pretty much nails it.

Y2derock 01-03-2007 10:08 PM

I feel like he had something on almost every shot that went in (maybe with exception to Zach Parise's goal). He literally had Madden's goal, but it somehow trickled in. Felt like they were basically unlucky goals; Lundqvist was in good position for all of them.:dunno:

cjdv16 01-03-2007 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrhockey193195 (Post 7544211)
Sure, he gave up his first three goals in a shootout last night (one of which he accidently kicked in his own net), but holy cow, were some of his saves AMAZING.

Namely, the one on Langenbrunner, with the game on the line. I honestly could not believe what I saw. :amazed:

Does anyone have a video of the shootout/the Lundqvist save on Langenbrunner?

don't know about "not believing what you saw", but he's certainly good one on one.

look on video.google.com Sports->NHL. All NHL games are posted on the site. Usually a day or so after they're played.

crisb 01-04-2007 09:04 PM

Is it safe to say that we have the Lundqvist of last season? (merged)

Knocks on Wood

NYRMatt 01-04-2007 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRFan35 (Post 7557366)
Knocks on Wood

Lundqvist hasn't changed a bit. Same funny guy who try's to score a goal and it backfired and still manages to deflect a hockey puck off his head and still be happy about it.

crisb 01-04-2007 09:26 PM

Besides that, he has been great the past three games.

Onion Boy 01-04-2007 10:23 PM

And a great sense of humor to boot...

Al Trautwig: Henrik, were you trying to score a goal out there?
Lundqvist: Uh, maybe.

Cynical TyranT 01-04-2007 10:27 PM

Melrose rips Lundqvist

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnradio/...t&lid=tab6pos1

I know there's a lot of Melrose haters out there, but, usually... Im not against him.

But, now he's saying Lundqvist hasnt been stellar, and "doesnt consistently give his team a chance to win"

He must not watch Ranger games.

I wouldnt care, if he didnt start listing guys who DO give their teams consistent chances to win..

Brodeur? Check

Kipper? Check

Luongo?

Hold the phone on that one... how good is he this year? How good has Florida been when he was there?

That one, is just a bit annoying.

BrooklynRangersFan 01-04-2007 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cynical TyranT (Post 7558727)

I know there's a lot of Melrose haters out there, but, usually... Im not against him.

But, now he's saying Lundqvist hasnt been stellar, and "doesnt consistently give his team a chance to win"

I wouldnt care, if he didnt start listing guys who DO give their teams consistent chances to win..

Brodeur? Check

Kipper? Check

Luongo?

Hold the phone on that one... how good is he this year? How good has Florida been when he was there?

Couldn't bring myself to listen to it. He had a bit of a slow start coming off of a tough summer and then one bad weekend, but other than that he looks like the same guy to me. Barry is a clown.

Inferno 01-04-2007 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cynical TyranT (Post 7558727)

Brodeur? Check

Kipper? Check

Luongo?

See, i dont know if thats a fair thing to say.

I think this is a better way of saying it. Henrik hasnt always bailed his moronic defenseman out. Hes given up goals that 99% of the goalies out there would give up. Early in the season, and during the prolonged losing strea, the way the D was playing, NOBODY would have looked stellar.

Take out maybe 2 starts this year, and I think Henrik has been ~as good as last year. Not better, but as good....ish...

I think last year, the whole team played D better (for the most part) but now that we have a bit more skill, people are looking for more offense, and the D is suffering, and his GAA and SV% is suffering as well.

Cynical TyranT 01-04-2007 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inferno272 (Post 7558802)
See, i dont know if thats a fair thing to say.

I think this is a better way of saying it. Henrik hasnt always bailed his moronic defenseman out. Hes given up goals that 99% of the goalies out there would give up. Early in the season, and during the prolonged losing strea, the way the D was playing, NOBODY would have looked stellar.

Take out maybe 2 starts this year, and I think Henrik has been ~as good as last year. Not better, but as good....ish...

I think last year, the whole team played D better (for the most part) but now that we have a bit more skill, people are looking for more offense, and the D is suffering, and his GAA and SV% is suffering as well.

Could be... but the wording about how he hasnt been this amazing savior, are pretty annoying... who is saying he's got to be Hasek/Roy in his 2nd year that's causing Melrose to even say that?

Give it a listen... you'll see what I mean... although it IS like 10 mins in... fast forward.

KRM 01-04-2007 10:40 PM

Someone please get that header at the end up at youtube, and also the goal :)

frozenrubber 01-04-2007 10:47 PM

I listened to the clip earlier. While Lundqvist has struggled during stretches (and as recently as the beginning of the 7 game losing streak), Barry's comments just came at the wrong time. His last 4 starts (not counting tonight as it hadn't happened yet) were extremely noteworthy and spectacular.

True Blue Bleed Blue 01-04-2007 11:08 PM

Yes. Just needs a goal now

Pizza 01-05-2007 12:01 AM

Melrose is still pissed Sather never considered him for a coaching job with the Rangers. He'll rip the the team any chance he gets. He's irrelevant as a hockey pundit anyway.

Inferno 01-05-2007 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cynical TyranT (Post 7558877)
Could be... but the wording about how he hasnt been this amazing savior, are pretty annoying... who is saying he's got to be Hasek/Roy in his 2nd year that's causing Melrose to even say that?

Give it a listen... you'll see what I mean... although it IS like 10 mins in... fast forward.

honestly, i dont want to hear it. Never been impressed with his opinions. They usually differ from my own, which may say more about me than him, but nonetheless, not interesting in hearing a guy i almost always disagree with.

Inferno 01-05-2007 12:08 AM

more or less. I think his numbers are a lot worse because of the defense the FORWARDS are playing. the entire team isnt backchecking like it did last year, and its exposing our soft D, and even Henrik cant save everything.

nyrmessier011 01-05-2007 12:14 AM

Richter took a puck off the helmet and got a concussion...not to buzz kill the humor of it or anything. If we lost that game man would I have been pissed at him trying to do that.

ECL 01-05-2007 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyrmessier011 (Post 7560283)
Richter took a puck off the helmet and got a concussion...not to buzz kill the humor of it or anything. If we lost that game man would I have been pissed at him trying to do that.

I love Richter like we all do, but at the end of his career he was really made of glass.

ATLANTARANGER* 01-05-2007 05:35 AM

He is the TV version of Larry Brooks

Finest 01-05-2007 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan (Post 7558773)
Barry is a clown.

That about sums it up for me. Ive never liked the guy, nor will I ever (unless he grows back the mullet ;)

dedalus 01-05-2007 06:08 AM

When last season? The last quarter and playoffs of last season were not a good period for Lundqvist.

nickrOck 01-05-2007 06:08 AM

i refuse to listen to someone who was allegedly such a "GREAT COACH".. when was the last time someone offered him a job.? hey nasferatu we all know you'll rot to death working at espn, the crappiest sports network in the world...