HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   National Hockey League Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Rangers - Leafs Game of the Night (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=32877)

BruinFan42 12-02-2003 04:06 PM

Rangers - Leafs Game of the Night

Anyone watching this game? I'm listening to it right now, its 3-3 in the 2nd period right now and theres a complete brawl breaking out! Tucker, Domi, Barnaby, Marchment, de Vries, Simon all going at each other....

Sounds like one hell of a game!

syc 12-02-2003 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BruinFan42
Anyone watching this game? I'm listening to it right now, its 3-3 in the 2nd period right now and theres a complete brawl breaking out! Tucker, Domi, Barnaby, Marchment, de Vries, Simon all going at each other....

Sounds like one hell of a game!

Lots of fights! Domi schooled Barnaby and Tucker and Devries had a draw.

SopelFan* 12-02-2003 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by syc

Domi didn't "school" Barnaby.

oildrop 12-02-2003 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by syc

And Simon schooled Marchment.

SopelFan* 12-02-2003 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oildrop
And Simon schooled Marchment.

No wonder Marchment doesn't fight. He just got worked twice.

loveshack2 12-02-2003 04:12 PM

Tucker, DeVries, and Simon I think all with Game Misconducts.

TelperiŽn 12-02-2003 04:16 PM

Sounds like a typical Leafs game. :lol:

Leaf fans, I mean it in the nicest way possible...

loveshack2 12-02-2003 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IlyaK17
Sounds like a typical Leafs game. :lol:

Leaf fans, I mean it in the nicest way possible...

I wish all Leaf games were this exciting ;)

Owen Nolan makes it 4-3!

Theoren Fan 12-02-2003 04:23 PM

Messier down

TelperiŽn 12-02-2003 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loveshack2
I wish all Leaf games were this exciting ;)

Owen Nolan makes it 4-3!

Does anyone remember the Leafs-Devils game 1 or 2 years ago? 4 players from each team ended up in the penalty box (8 in total), something like 3 players ejected... yeah.

And of course, there was last year, Leafs-Sens (grr... stupid Leafs :mad: ). It kinda erupted into a brawl. -- Okay, I'm stopping right here before I start a whole debate on this thing.

thestonedkoala 12-02-2003 05:00 PM

NY Rangers kneeling - 2 min 3:53, E. Lindros

Kneeling? Is that like diving but you can't flop on the ice?

loveshack2 12-02-2003 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thestonedkoala
NY Rangers kneeling - 2 min 3:53, E. Lindros

Kneeling? Is that like diving but you can't flop on the ice?

lol. Must be a misprint, I believe the call was "kneeing". He hit Reichel knee on knee at the blueline.

think-blue- 12-02-2003 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SopelFan

Whatever you want to call it, Domi beat the crap out of him. Twice.

syc 12-02-2003 05:30 PM

Quote:

Sorry Domi kicked the **i* out of Barnaby.

thestonedkoala 12-02-2003 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loveshack2
lol. Must be a misprint, I believe the call was "kneeing". He hit Reichel knee on knee at the blueline.

HEY! That linesman should get kneeing too for putting that nasty hit on Messier...

Could you just see that?

Domi: Why are you in here?

Linesman: I kneed Messier...

Domi: Good job, but you should move yourself up to someone like Kovalev. Messier is kind of slow...

Trottier 12-02-2003 05:48 PM

With all the complaining that goes on about the "wretched" NHL game, good to note a superb entertaining battle. Old time hockey. Scoring chances, solid clean hitting, fights with a purpose (payback).

Owen Nolan is back and making the Leafs look smarter by the day for that deal.

Davisian 12-03-2003 04:11 AM

I think next time they should do a dosey-do and switch partners..

Domi did indeed wipe the floor with Barnaby.. Twice.. But it's fine as Barnaby's still more than willing, and I'm sure he and Domi will have many more.. And Marchment's sooooo lucky Simon was held by Domi, or he'd be looking through slits with a packed nose right now..

Should've been,

Domi-Simon

Tucker-Barnaby

Marchment-deVries

Tune in next game for some good time hockey..

As I said in on the Ranger boards, the refs sucked but the Rangers D was worse.. All that heart up front needs to be backed up on the blueline, and if you're going to use your team toughnes the right way, you've GOT to kill penalties better than that..

Good stuff, good warmup for the Isles..

Big Bill 12-03-2003 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davisian
I think next time they should do a dosey-do and switch partners..

Domi did indeed wipe the floor with Barnaby.. Twice.. But it's fine as Barnaby's still more than willing, and I'm sure he and Domi will have many more.. And Marchment's sooooo lucky Simon was held by Domi, or he'd be looking through slits with a packed nose right now..

Should've been,

Domi-Simon

Tucker-Barnaby

Marchment-deVries

Tune in next game for some good time hockey..

As I said in on the Ranger boards, the refs sucked but the Rangers D was worse.. All that heart up front needs to be backed up on the blueline, and if you're going to use your team toughnes the right way, you've GOT to kill penalties better than that..

Good stuff, good warmup for the Isles..

Poti cost us big time all by himself! That one Nolan goal was horrific. I see the pick by Stajan, but Poti was already playing catchup to Nolan. He was AWFUL last night.

RANGERDIEHARD 12-03-2003 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Bill
Poti cost us big time all by himself! That one Nolan goal was horrific. I see the pick by Stajan, but Poti was already playing catchup to Nolan. He was AWFUL last night.

yeah great entertaining game - too bad the NHL doesn't like to see this kind of stuff cause it "paints a bad picture for hockey". The Rangers got jobbed by the refs in a 3-3 tie when the fights broke out. These kinds of garbage calls are the reason why the NHL has become so boring and 9 out of 10 games are non-eventful.

ihatenewjersey 12-03-2003 08:16 AM

Quote:

barney def. got beat twice i would say

SingnBluesOnBroadway 12-03-2003 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ihatenewjersey
barney def. got beat twice i would say

I don't think that Barnaby won either fight. At the same time I don't think that really makes a different. Barnaby goes into 98% of his fights knowing he's not going to win. The crazy *******.

JR#9* 12-03-2003 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeofWindsor
Yes when Chris Neil spit at a Leaf player, Green I believe. Then Tucker attacked the bench and Neil did not throw a punch at him until the linesmen had Darcy tied up.

Stop with the whining about poor little Darcy who is amoung the biggest sc%^&ags in the game if not the biggest.The guy plays dirty and when people respond in kind against him people whine. :dunno: