HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   National Hockey League Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Iron Man Brendan Morrison (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=32915)

Thalia 12-02-2003 06:01 PM

Iron Man Brendan Morrison
 
B-Mo is entering his fourth season on the Canucks and he has yet to miss a game.

Question: Is he the only one in the League to hold such a title, is there anyone else who has played as many/more consecutive games?

Is he THE only Ironman of the NHL?

Shane 12-02-2003 06:19 PM

I think Karlis Skrastins of Colorado is currently four or five games ahead of Brendan in the active iron man rankings.

Shane 12-02-2003 06:25 PM

Just checked:

Brendan Morrison has the second-longest current streak at 291. Colorado's Karlis Skrastins is first at 293.

Avery4Byng* 12-02-2003 06:29 PM

Maybe when they play each other next one of them will cheap shot the other in hopes of an injury to help themself become the leader? :rolly:

Mack 12-02-2003 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tray
Maybe when they play each other next one of them will cheap shot the other in hopes of an injury to help themself become the leader? :rolly:


ye-know what? uh uh

Wingboy2999 12-02-2003 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mack
ye-know what? uh uh

Oh, I bet they will. That'd be HILARIOUS!

Vman 12-02-2003 07:34 PM

Colorado and Vancouver will meet eachother 6 times till the end of the season I think, and they havn't played each other this season yet. Will be a great rivalry to watch.

RoyIsALegend* 12-02-2003 08:19 PM

Nice, Jay-Mac.

I...
AM...
IRON...
MAN!

Ensane 12-02-2003 08:50 PM

Should I start a thread about how great Todd Bertuzzi is in the corners? After all, we have 2 threads up on the main board about the greatness of this great line playing for this great team already.

It's like "de ja vu all over again."

Shane 12-02-2003 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ensane
Should I start a thread about how great Todd Bertuzzi is in the corners? After all, we have 2 threads up on the main board about the greatness of this great line playing for this great team already.

It's like "de ja vu all over again."

Honestly, I'm getting sick of all this Canucks talk, and I'm a Canucks fan!

Legionnaire 12-02-2003 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ensane
Should I start a thread about how great Todd Bertuzzi is in the corners? After all, we have 2 threads up on the main board about the greatness of this great line playing for this great team already.

It's like "de ja vu all over again."

Nah I'm in a mood for some Jovanovski talk. I haven't heard about how underrated he is lately.

Ajacied 12-02-2003 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ensane
Should I start a thread about how great Todd Bertuzzi is in the corners? After all, we have 2 threads up on the main board about the greatness of this great line playing for this great team already.

It's like "de ja vu all over again."

Easy there Ensane.. It got me banned..

Edler Von Gud 12-02-2003 09:42 PM

Here's a novel idea, if you are annoyed by these threads don't click on them and don't reply. Keep you're ego's at the door, if you don't having realative to the topic then don't say anything and ignore the thread. Hell I don't see anyone complaining about the 3590357 threads regardiing Zherdev or Crosby or about the Kings injuries or about Fleury or about the Pens folding, etc. Realize this people, there is tons of Canucks fans on this board, the number of Canuck threads isn't gonna stop, just ignore the thead if you don't like it, and have nothing good to say.

Ensane 12-02-2003 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koltsov
Here's a novel idea, if you are annoyed by these threads don't click on them and don't reply. Keep you're ego's at the door, if you don't having realative to the topic then don't say anything and ignore the thread. Hell I don't see anyone complaining about the 3590357 threads regardiing Zherdev or Crosby or about the Kings injuries or about Fleury or about the Pens folding, etc. Realize this people, there is tons of Canucks fans on this board, the number of Canuck threads isn't gonna stop, just ignore the thead if you don't like it, and have nothing good to say.

Where did I once complain about anything? I think having Canuck threads are a novel idea.

So does that mean I shouldn't start that Cloutier for Sportsman of the Year thread like I was going to?

Reign Nateo 12-02-2003 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ensane
Where did I once complain about anything?

Show me a thread where you don't complain.

I'm still waiting for that day when you add anything constructive to a thread.

Ensane 12-02-2003 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reign Nateo
Show me a thread where you don't complain.

I'm still waiting for that day when you add anything constructive to a thread.

You know what's funny? I feel the same way about you ... and it turns out I'm not the only one either.

Kevin Forbes 12-03-2003 02:10 AM

Morrison....talk about dedication, putting it all on the line to win, never missing a game and doing everything he asked, never backing down or taking a night, grit and determination....

Skrastins?....geez, what a chump, plays hurt which hurts his team, bull-headedly never takes a night off to rest or anything, so he's always worn out, bad decision making there, when he's out there injured, he's just filling a roster space that some kid could be playing good in, talk about selfish....

Reign Nateo 12-03-2003 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ensane
You know what's funny? I feel the same way about you ... and it turns out I'm not the only one either.

:p That's less than weak.

Ensane 12-03-2003 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reign Nateo
:p That's less than weak.

but more than true. :lol:

Thalia 12-03-2003 07:37 AM

Hope some of you *kiddies* had fun pooping on my thread while I was away. :shakehead /\/\/\/\

Back to my original topic which was about the Ironman of the NHL... who holds the longest streak in history, anyone know?

Ensane 12-03-2003 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thalia
Hope some of you *kiddies* had fun pooping on my thread while I was away. :shakehead /\/\/\/\

Back to my original topic which was about the Ironman of the NHL... who holds the longest streak in history, anyone know?

Doug Jarvis, 964 games.

And it's easy to point the finger at the enemy (me) in this situation, but if you look closer it WAS one of your Canuck fan cohorts who started the personal attack game.

Nas_Bert_Morr* 12-03-2003 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonMacIsaac
Corsby and the canucks should have their own board......

This is about an iron man streak. It's not our fault you are on a bitter die-Canuck rampage at the moment. Should Marc-Andre Fleury and Mario Lemieux threads stay off the main board? The main board is for big discussions, and seeing how worked up you are getting, I'm thinking the Naslund topics should stay.

Mizral 12-03-2003 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonMacIsaac
Corsby and the canucks should have their own board......

Folks like you are making it a lot worse than it is. Two Canuck posts, woe is me. Geezuz, I've seen 4 Isbister posts in one day before, and nobody *****ed about it.

Thalia 12-03-2003 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forbesy
Morrison....talk about dedication, putting it all on the line to win, never missing a game and doing everything he asked, never backing down or taking a night, grit and determination....

He's definitely a very focused player/person and it really surprises me that he's able to stay so healthy given that he's a smaller player who takes his share of bumps.

I thought his streak was going to be over when his wife had a baby a few weeks back and Morrison didn't travel with the team to Minny but it all worked out... his wife had the baby and right after that he was on the plane to join the team the next day.

Mizral 12-03-2003 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonMacIsaac
Isbister being traded is news, get that through your head, Canucks are not news. Crosby setting records is news, Naslund being better then Forsberg at defense in not news and is false. Mizral, there is too much canucks stuff on this board and you know it.

NHL talk is reserved for talk about all NHL teams. This thread is perfectly fine to be on this thread. The fact that some other Canuck-based threads have popped up doesn't mean you can come in here and hi-jack a thread to fly your little flag.

Thread is being closed, but if you hi-jack any others that cause them to be closed - well, you know the drill.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:13 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.