HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   GDT: Preds\Canes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=33022)

barrytrotzsneck 12-03-2003 08:01 AM

GDT: Preds\Canes

This is the sort of game we traditionally lose...but also the sort of game that we MUST win if we're going to stay hot and continue building momentum. was hoping to see neckar make his debut tonight, but i guess that's not happening...but then again...if it' ain't broke...

hillbilly 12-03-2003 08:15 AM

If Tootoo does play and he doesn't play with some heart I don't have much hope he will ever play good on the road. hopefully he will provide a much needed emotional fire on the road

dulzhok 12-03-2003 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillbilly
If Tootoo does play and he doesn't play with some heart I don't have much hope he will ever play good on the road. hopefully he will provide a much needed emotional fire on the road

That's a pretty quick assumption to jump to.

But I do feel that Tootoo would greatly benefit from getting around 20 minutes a night in the AHL. But then again, Tootoo has done a lot of marketing for the team. So the question is asked... Do you send him down so he can hopefully improve his skills and get quality ice time? Or do you keep him up and possible stunt his development, but still use him as a marketing tool?

darth5 12-03-2003 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dulzhok
That's a pretty quick assumption to jump to.

But I do feel that Tootoo would greatly benefit from getting around 20 minutes a night in the AHL. But then again, Tootoo has done a lot of marketing for the team. So the question is asked... Do you send him down so he can hopefully improve his skills and get quality ice time? Or do you keep him up and possible stunt his development, but still use him as a marketing tool?

Here's an area I agree with you. He is primarily a marketing tool right now. But I don't like rotating him with Stevenson.

I think Trotz needs to play him more, since they don't appear inclined to send him down. There is some benefit to praticing with the team, but Stevenson is not providing anything IMHO.

Radulov for Czar* 12-03-2003 11:46 AM

I too see us needing this game, I'll be watching it on FSS at 6 PM!!

PredsFan77* 12-03-2003 12:37 PM

Forget watching, I'll be at the game! :yo:

golfmade 12-03-2003 01:19 PM

Vokoun stands on his head, Preds win 4-0.

predhead1 12-03-2003 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids
This is the sort of game we traditionally lose...but also the sort of game that we MUST win if we're going to stay hot and continue building momentum. was hoping to see neckar make his debut tonight, but i guess that's not happening...but then again...if it' ain't broke...

this one has me worried too. the team has been off for a few days, first game of a road trip - historically not our best scenario.

Enoch 12-03-2003 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfmade
Vokoun stands on his head, Preds win 4-0.

Let us pray :bow: :bow:

Joe T Choker 12-03-2003 02:03 PM

*tries not to make predictions*

Enoch 12-03-2003 02:04 PM

DUDE. This is really getting frustrating. My center Ice blacks out EVERY Preds game. Then 55 (fox sports) NEVER shows the game. I thought 60 something games were supposed to air? I can count at least 8 that haven't been shown here, so far. Tonight it is college basketball, before that it was reruns of the best @@@@ sports show.

This is jsut so frustrating :(

barrytrotzsneck 12-03-2003 02:16 PM

wow, what a hipcheck from hammer on cole

barrytrotzsneck 12-03-2003 02:22 PM

we look flaaaat out there.

barrytrotzsneck 12-03-2003 03:31 PM

we're EXTREMELY lucky not to be down by 1 or even 2 in this. did we even get the puck out of our own end in that period? it's not good when it looks like there is 2 canes for every 1 predator.

Enoch 12-03-2003 04:02 PM

Sounds like we just caught 3 breaks.

5 on 3 pp. Lets see if we can capitalize.

Vagrant 12-03-2003 04:18 PM

Looks like this one might be headed to overtime, which is what I expected to happen. These two teams are playing tough tonight.

barrytrotzsneck 12-03-2003 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caniacforever
Looks like this one might be headed to overtime, which is what I expected to happen. These two teams are playing tough tonight.

you guys are playing tough. we haven't show up, thus far.

37-19, the shots in favor of carolina.

Vagrant 12-03-2003 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids
you guys are playing tough. we haven't show up, thus far.

37-19, the shots in favor of carolina.

Well we're used to that statistic going in our favor. But as you can tell by the record, we've been hitting a lot of chest.

Here's hoping for a spirited overtime, i'd really like to see a winner in this one. Hopefully the Canes will find a way to put one in. ;)

Joe T Choker 12-03-2003 04:27 PM

Vokoun went 40-41...muahahaha

Hartnell welcome back to the scoring column

Enoch 12-03-2003 04:27 PM

Wow, stole a game on the road :yo: :yo: :yo:

Thank you Tomas!

barrytrotzsneck 12-03-2003 04:27 PM

talk about vokoun ROBBING the canes and giving us a point. we did not DESERVE two points, but hell, i'll TAKE THEM.

there's a reason that scott hartnell prompted me to break my "no name on my preds sweater" rule, over the summer. hoooooly cow.

more importantly...for the first time in their HISTORY...the preds have won 5 straight!

:yo: :handclap: :yo: :handclap:

Enoch 12-03-2003 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
Vokoun went 40-41...muahahaha

and He is second to last in All-star ballots with Cloutier currently leading :shakehead

I can't believe we won five straight. I think I'll go buy an ice cream or something. Celebration is in order :yo: :handclap: :bow: :yo:

Vagrant 12-03-2003 04:34 PM

Wow, congrats guys. Vokoun is one of the best young goalies in the league and he certainly put up a gem tonight. Unfortunately this has been the story of the year for the Hurricanes so far. Outshoot the other team by 20 and bury half of them in Vokoun's chest.

Even still, a well deserved road win by the way this team played towards the end of the game. Now that our game is over, i'd like to see the Preds extend that streak to 10 games and bring some much due respect to the Southeastern states. God knows we're not providing it right now. ;)

smashviller 12-03-2003 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caniacforever

E Now that our game is over, i'd like to see the Preds extend that streak to 10 games ;)

Amen to that one!

Jarnberg 12-03-2003 04:40 PM

Phew, two points. I could only listen to this game, but the Preds have played 3 subpar games in a row. Luckly they have come away with 6 points in those games.

Its crazy, Preds dominate a game and lose, play badly and win...

I'm not complaining though. Good to see the boys pick up valuable road points. Hopefully the exposure on ESPN and what not will not effect us. (usually when we get recognition we lose...)