HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Oilers' Brass "discussions" (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=33048)

Cowboy 12-03-2003 09:25 AM

Oilers' Brass "discussions"

In yesterdays papers it was made clear that Oiler Management was getting together to discuss their "situation" with reguards to Comrie and a few other players possibly being packaged, to get a deal done, as the team has been sliding in the past 5 games. Prendergast said that he and the rest of the management will evaluate some players that could possibly be put onto the table for a trade, and these discussions were supposed to take place yesterday (Dec 2). I was just wondering if anyone had heard anything or any news as to a possible conclusion that they may have come up with, or any sort of news.

I would have posted this in the MegaDeal thread cause all of the actual quotes are already in there, but that thread has evolved into a trade thread like all of the other Comrie threads (not that it is a bad thing).

Any info from posters with the 'inside track' so to speak would be greatly appreciated by all.

SeriousBusiness 12-03-2003 09:27 AM

The Oil have kept their cards close to their chest through this whole fiasco. I don't think they would change that strategy now. Therefore, I think any rumours we hear in the next few days will be no more correct than any of the others we have heard the last several months.

rabi_sultan 12-03-2003 09:28 AM

i don't have any inside info but i will say that the article link in the thread "No Comrie in the Spengler Cup" has Winters basically saying that comrie won't go to the Spengler Cup as a deal is imminent.

Take that for what you will maybe there is a deal who knows :dunno:

oildrop 12-03-2003 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabi_sultan
i don't have any inside info but i will say that the article link in the thread "No Comrie in the Spengler Cup" has Winters basically saying that comrie won't go to the Spengler Cup as a deal is imminent.

Winter just says that if Comrie were to sign with a team over there, that he wouldn't be able to play in the NHL at all this season. So Winter and Comrie are saying no, in the hopes of a trade being made this season.

Digger12 12-03-2003 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabi_sultan

Yesterday we have KP saying that Comrie isn't drawing flies, then today we have Winter saying "We think we're getting close..."

C'mon guys, at least kiss me first; it's the least you can do. And I thought the CBA negotiations were headache-inducing. http://www.eunuch.org/vbulletin/imag...akemitkopf.gif

oildrop 12-03-2003 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digger12
Yesterday we have KP saying that Comrie isn't drawing flies, then today we have Winter saying "We think we're getting close..."

C'mon guys, at least kiss me first; it's the least you can do. And I thought the CBA negotiations were headache-inducing. http://www.eunuch.org/vbulletin/imag...akemitkopf.gif

I don't believe it for a second that Lowe hasn't had an offer for Comrie. We all know that Lowe doesn't talk about the trades he is working on and this is no different. Other teams have confirmed talks and whatnot so this is just Lowe and co. keeping things as quiet as possible. Look at the Oates signing, nobody actually expected it to happen and it shocked everyone. Lowe likes to surprise people and he certainly doesn't leak out information much when it comes to trades. I think it'll happen soon, the Roster Freeze for X-mas is only 3 weeks away. He could very well be dealt by then.

xauxi 12-03-2003 09:49 AM

The news can create more confusion in the dressing room, which has been lacking concentration quite sometimes. Like the case of Chimera, He is supposed to be our future power forward, but then he lost his coach's favour by a few mistakes, and now he wants to be somewhere else (fact and observation) by his playing lately. MacT has lost a number of decent players who KL has brought along for sometime. There is a chaos in the dressing room right now. KL may have thought MacT could have changed (different in phylosophy), but so far.. so bad.

Cowboy 12-03-2003 09:52 AM

Expect the Unexpected.

That is what KL always says during times like this, so we might as well expect the same now, which is ??? :dunno:

Digger12 12-03-2003 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oildrop
I don't believe it for a second that Lowe hasn't had an offer for Comrie. We all know that Lowe doesn't talk about the trades he is working on and this is no different. Other teams have confirmed talks and whatnot so this is just Lowe and co. keeping things as quiet as possible. Look at the Oates signing, nobody actually expected it to happen and it shocked everyone. Lowe likes to surprise people and he certainly doesn't leak out information much when it comes to trades. I think it'll happen soon, the Roster Freeze for X-mas is only 3 weeks away. He could very well be dealt by then.

He may have had an offer, but I wonder if there's been any serious offers...by the sounds of it it's mainly tirekickers.

I hope you're right though, I want this thing done yesterday. But if there's no good offer on the table, then I hope Lowe sits on it until a good offer does show up. If it takes until the trade deadline, bite the bullet and do it.

Lowe can't afford to screw this up.

oildrop 12-03-2003 10:15 AM

Quote:

He may have had an offer, but I wonder if there's been any serious offers...by the sounds of it it's mainly tirekickers.

I hope you're right though, I want this thing done yesterday. But if there's no good offer on the table, then I hope Lowe sits on it until a good offer does show up. If it takes until the trade deadline, bite the bullet and do it.

Lowe can't afford to screw this up.

Personally, I think Comrie's value is getting less as each day goes by. If Lowe were to wait until the trade deadline, who is seriously going to want a guy who would have been sitting for 7 months come that time? I know I wouldn't want a player after sitting that long and wouldn't be willing to give up much to get him. I'm sure this is what other teams are starting to realize and that's maybe why Lowe isn't getting the offers he thought he would. This needs to get done sooner rather then later to help the Oilers, IMO.

s7ark 12-03-2003 10:39 AM

i really am starting to think the only way this is going to get sorted out is for Comrie to sign and play for the Oilers. That way he can prove his worth and ask for a trade getting Lowe the return he is looking for.

Lowe needs a big return if he is to move Comrie, he is a very valuable asset. No team is willing to pay what Lowe needs to get since Comrie had a lack luster last year. If he plays for the Oilers and pots 10 goals then his value across the league rises again.

Otherwise I could quite easily see Lowe just sit on this till Comrie turns 31, or whatever age UFA is set to in the new CBA. He simply will not bidge on this, ne needs a good return or Comrie won't be moved, it isn't like it is costing him anything right now.

dawgbone 12-03-2003 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xauxi
The news can create more confusion in the dressing room, which has been lacking concentration quite sometimes. Like the case of Chimera, He is supposed to be our future power forward, but then he lost his coach's favour by a few mistakes, and now he wants to be somewhere else (fact and observation) by his playing lately. MacT has lost a number of decent players who KL has brought along for sometime. There is a chaos in the dressing room right now. KL may have thought MacT could have changed (different in phylosophy), but so far.. so bad.

A few mistakes?

Chimera was invisible on the 2nd line for about 6 games in a row... I don't know about you, but that certainly deserves a seat in the dog house. He has recently played better, and has gotten more ice time in the process.

xauxi 12-03-2003 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawgbone
A few mistakes?

Chimera was invisible on the 2nd line for about 6 games in a row... I don't know about you, but that certainly deserves a seat in the dog house. He has recently played better, and has gotten more ice time in the process.

Because he wants to be out of MacT's reign. Simple!

Oilhitch 12-03-2003 12:02 PM

Quote:

When was it ever stated that Chimera wants out of Edmonton? Or am I misreading into this?

coyote 12-03-2003 12:11 PM

Quote:

I believe he wants to play here more than anyone and I hope he gets a decent chance to prove himself. He is not a high draft pick so he will not get the same shot as a high draft pick will. IMO he is one of the few that hits and causes penalties. He has wheels and can score plus he is probably the least expensive. He is a local kid and said it was his dream to play for the Oilers so I don't know why you would print something like that. You probably have to much time to spare.

Digger12 12-03-2003 12:47 PM

Quote:

OK, let's pretend this smile is you:
:)
:) And WAAAYYYY down here is you again, after that gigantic leap of logic you just took. For all you or I or anyone else knows, Chimera's indifferent and ineffective play had to do with him coming home to an empty apartment after his girlfriend sold all his stuff at a garage sale...how can you look at a guy playing barely 10 minutes a night and say "he wants out of MacT's reign!" judged solely by 'fact and observation'? :dunno:

HotToddy 12-03-2003 01:49 PM

Quote:

OK, let's pretend this smile is you:
:)
:) And WAAAYYYY down here is you again, after that gigantic leap of logic you just took. For all you or I or anyone else knows, Chimera's indifferent and ineffective play had to do with him coming home to an empty apartment after his girlfriend sold all his stuff at a garage sale...how can you look at a guy playing barely 10 minutes a night and say "he wants out of MacT's reign!" judged solely by 'fact and observation'? :dunno:

MacT doesn't like Chimera, he has no confidence in Chimera, he has no idea where to play him. I know for a fact that Chimera is frustrated with the org and especially the coach.

Digger12 12-03-2003 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotToddy
MacT doesn't like Chimera, he has no confidence in Chimera, he has no idea where to play him. I know for a fact that Chimera is frustrated with the org and especially the coach.

You know this how? You've talked to Chimera personally? You ARE Chimera?

I'm not trying to mock you, I'm seriously curious about how you can be so sure that you can call it fact.

Hemsky4PM 12-03-2003 09:49 PM

Quote:

You know this how? You've talked to Chimera personally? You ARE Chimera?

I'm not trying to mock you, I'm seriously curious about how you can be so sure that you can call it fact.

He can't be Chimera because...I am! Just call me "J-funk".

Digger12 12-03-2003 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hemsky4PM
He can't be Chimera because...I am! Just call me "J-funk".

:lol:

I'm gonna cap both of your ***** if this turns into one of those old Trek episodes where Kirk is fighting his evil doppleganger and Bones can't figure out which guy to phaser into oblivion...

bfan 12-03-2003 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotToddy

You mean like Reasoner and Horcoff a few years ago? He'll get his time.

xauxi 12-04-2003 04:06 AM

Sorry to reply to this thread late because I just came back. Actually, this speculation is not from Chimer, but can you guess from whom?......This is the fact..... From Chimer's mom. He is old enough to make his own dicision, but in truth, this is the person that Chimera will take advice from. Is it enough for you all?

dawgbone 12-04-2003 04:27 AM

Quote:

Sorry to reply to this thread late because I just came back. Actually, this speculation is not from Chimer, but can you guess from whom?......This is the fact..... From Chimer's mom. He is old enough to make his own dicision, but in truth, this is the person that Chimera will take advice from. Is it enough for you all?

So the guy gets rewarded out of camp by getting on the second line, and he has a problem with that? Either that or he has a problem with diminished ice time when he isn't working hard enough? Or he can't handle being on the top line with two great setup men in Hemsky and Oates?

Tough life, and if he wants out, good riddance to him.

xauxi 12-04-2003 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawgbone
So the guy gets rewarded out of camp by getting on the second line, and he has a problem with that? Either that or he has a problem with diminished ice time when he isn't working hard enough? Or he can't handle being on the top line with two great setup men in Hemsky and Oates?

Tough life, and if he wants out, good riddance to him.

DB, I have noticed that there have been a series of young, talented players who came to the Oilers. They played great for awhile, then all tailed off (it is a long list so I will let you figure out). Why? Do you have the answer for why the best or good players suddenly become mediocre? I have the answer... Once they have got hooked to MacT's system, their performance gets downward. I will not give you any proof because there are too many cases like that (inluding Smyth, Comrie, Brewer, Horcoff......long long list). So... do you think MacT's system is suitable for young players? I doubt it. Look at those trends and reason out for yourself. Or perhaps you va better answer for my question? Thank you.

Digger12 12-04-2003 06:11 AM

Quote:

KL may have thought MacT could have changed (different in phylosophy), but so far.. so bad.

Is this from Chimmer's mom too, or your own personal evaluation of things?