HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Calgary Flames (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Trade Proposal from Boston... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=331219)

CombatOnContact 01-11-2007 12:28 PM

Trade Proposal from Boston...

Brad Boyes and Paul Mara

for

Chuck Kobasew and Robyn Regehr

I think it's fair from both perpectives. Boston gets the better defenseman and Calgary gets the better forward.

Thoughts? Comments? Flammage?

chriss_co 01-11-2007 12:35 PM

interesting proposal...

i agree talent wise this is fairly equal (as i think kobasew's worth in a trade is very low right now)...

but i dont think the flames do this trade because of the salary involved.. i believe mara and boyes salaries are both more than regehrs and kobasews individually

if we are to take on this extra salary, we have to either get an even better player in return or some prospects/draft picks

id expect some sort of draft pick especially since regehr's super cheap contract runs another year after this season ends

CombatOnContact 01-11-2007 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chriss_co (Post 7631575)
interesting proposal...

i agree talent wise this is fairly equal (as i think kobasew's worth in a trade is very low right now)...

but i dont think the flames do this trade because of the salary involved.. i believe mara and boyes salaries are both more than regehrs and kobasews individually

if we are to take on this extra salary, we have to either get an even better player in return or some prospects/draft picks

id expect some sort of draft pick especially since regehr's super cheap contract runs another year after this season ends

Boyes makes 1.4 and Mara makes 3. Both are signed for another year after this one. So that's 4.4 million for 2.8 million. Perhaps adding a salary dump like Friesen, Zyuzin or Amonte for a mid pick would make it work.

Tont 01-11-2007 01:00 PM

Not a bad proposal, but with that contract of Regehr's, I think the Flames could do better.

Body Checker 01-11-2007 01:59 PM

Mara is too soft, no way Sutter trades Regehr for a lesser defenseman

Kobasew for Boyes straight up would be alright but Flames not struggling with offense so keeping kobasew's speed and physical play around is more important than adding some hands in Boyes.........

Lunatik* 01-11-2007 07:54 PM

i'd pass... i dont think its a great fit for the flames

kruezer 01-12-2007 01:21 PM

I'd pass, I am still all about keeping Regehr, and Kobasew will come around again, better to be patient with him IMO. The goals will come.

StreakingRed 01-12-2007 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kruezer (Post 7646194)
I'd pass, I am still all about keeping Regehr, and Kobasew will come around again, better to be patient with him IMO. The goals will come.

^ My thoughts exactly.