HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Sather must have loved this comment (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=331551)

Dagoon44 01-12-2007 10:19 AM

Sather must have loved this comment

Brett Hull " The Rangers need to find someone better to get the puck to Shanny then Matt Cullen" WOW I love Brett's honesty and is that the truth or what.

KreiMeARiver* 01-12-2007 10:22 AM

Maybe we can lure Adam Oates from retirement..

Fletch 01-12-2007 10:29 AM

being a former sniper...

and teammate of Brendan, Brett knows what it takes to score goals - and he knows that without the centermen he had, he'd have a fair amount less goals than he ended up with (of course, he'd still have a heck of a lot more than the vast majority of NHLers that have played this game because you just can't keep quality down).

HockeyBasedNYC 01-12-2007 10:42 AM

Yeah Brett shouted it right out didnt he!?

I know Sam was embarrassed about that as he said afterward... "wow, Brett doesnt hold anything back does he?"

But its the truth and its nice to hear an outside source point that out over the air, though it wasnt very flattering to Cully. But hey, we all know hes a true 3rd line center, and a very good one at that IMO.

WheresBarnaby 01-12-2007 12:02 PM

I though he came off as kind of an @$$.

The Cullen comment, and the comment he made implying he would finally bring something worthwhile to broadcasting, while he was sitting next to one of the greatest ever, both rubbed me the wrong way. Sorry Brett, you were a great hockey player, but your not going to hold a candle to Sam in the booth. :thumbd:

eco's bones 01-12-2007 12:16 PM

I'm sure Doug Weight could be had or Brendan Morrison. Both good passers--both can play pwp. Likely they're UFA's at the end of the season. I think right now we're 50-50 to make the playoffs. What could we send them? Malik for one. He's played in Vancouver. He has a nice +/- and has one year left after this. Rachunek might be another--a younger D who would have to be signed (I think) after this year but is replaceable by Pck right now with Staal and Baranka waiting in the wings. Karel has good skills and might be attractive enough on his own to get a deal done. A Doug Weight with Shanahan and/or Prucha on his wings could put up some points and give us two very threatening lines.

RangerBoy 01-12-2007 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eco's bones (Post 7644837)
I'm sure Doug Weight could be had or Brendan Morrison. Both good passers--both can play pwp. Likely they're UFA's at the end of the season. I think right now we're 50-50 to make the playoffs. What could we send them? Malik for one. He's played in Vancouver. He has a nice +/- and has one year left after this. Rachunek might be another--a younger D who would have to be signed (I think) after this year but is replaceable by Pck right now with Staal and Baranka waiting in the wings. Karel has good skills and might be attractive enough on his own to get a deal done. A Doug Weight with Shanahan and/or Prucha on his wings could put up some points and give us two very threatening lines.

Both Weight and Morrison are signed for 2007-08.Weight at $3.5 million w/a NTC and Morrison at $3.2 million

Both players have seen their better days

GarretJoseph* 01-12-2007 12:24 PM

I'll take Crosby to center Shanny.

Bluenote13 01-12-2007 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WheresBarnaby (Post 7644703)
I though he came off as kind of an @$$.

The Cullen comment, and the comment he made implying he would finally bring something worthwhile to broadcasting, while he was sitting next to one of the greatest ever, both rubbed me the wrong way. Sorry Brett, you were a great hockey player, but your not going to hold a candle to Sam in the booth. :thumbd:

I thought it was obvious that Brett was joking about the broadcasting crack.

But about Cullen, I think he's right.

dave4 01-12-2007 12:34 PM

And Renney must have loved this..."I don't know what Adam Hall is doing out there on a power play"

Thanks Brett...finally someone says what we've all been thinking.

RangerBoy 01-12-2007 12:39 PM

Then Hull admitted it's nearly impossible to make a trade in the salary cap world of the NHL:help:

HockeyBasedNYC 01-12-2007 12:44 PM

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/hockey/rangers/blog/

Quote:

During an interview with a Ottawa radio station before the game, the co-hosts wondered if President Glen Sather had gone underground because he hadn't been seen in other cities as much as in previous years. I told them I wasn't fully up on his travel sked, but that it did appear that he was less available to the New York media than in the past.
Sather probably wasnt even around to hear it. Ha.

BDubinskyNYR17* 01-12-2007 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerBoy (Post 7645079)
Then Hull admitted it's nearly impossible to make a trade in the salary cap world of the NHL:help:

tell that to the Islanders who dumped salary in York and Zhitnik, maybe the fact is that Sather only made the Isbister trade cause either no one wants our garbage or Sather is lazy and living off the past.

Bluenote13 01-12-2007 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AHall18NYR (Post 7645145)
tell that to the Islanders who dumped salary in York and Zhitnik, maybe the fact is that Sather only made the Isbister trade cause either no one wants our garbage or Sather is lazy and living off the past.

Almost all of the trades that have been made this year have been made becasue of injuries and not having enough NHL bodies to throw out there. Then theres the Flyers.....

NYR94 01-12-2007 01:12 PM

I agree with everything Hull said last night. He should be good on NBC if he maintains that honesty. He just tells it like it is.

eco's bones 01-12-2007 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerBoy (Post 7644870)
Both Weight and Morrison are signed for 2007-08.Weight at $3.5 million w/a NTC and Morrison at $3.2 million

Both players have seen their better days

Ah--I was more or less throwing that out there;) from left field. That's more money than I'd want to tie up in either. We do need a quick fix 2nd line center and to me we should look at moving one of our NHL D not named Tyutin, Ward or Roszival and maybe with something else to get one. At this point with what's invested into this season it will be a catastrophe to not make the playoffs--we've lived through worse things for sure but it won't be good.

Finest 01-12-2007 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarretJoseph (Post 7644913)
I'll take Crosby to center Shanny.

Na,he's a bum ;)

True Blue Bleed Blue 01-12-2007 05:54 PM

Hull-Richter-Leetch-Graves-Messier-Davidson= future management

shoothepuck 01-12-2007 06:48 PM

Hull for GM

WheresBarnaby 01-12-2007 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluenote13 (Post 7645033)
I thought it was obvious that Brett was joking about the broadcasting crack.

But about Cullen, I think he's right.

I'd like to hear it again, cause I thought there was an awkward pause after he said it, but it might just be me. He is right about about the Cullen comment, he just shouldn't have used his name. He could've just said Renney needs to find someone to feed Shanny, and leave it at that. Much more classy IMO.

Pizza 01-12-2007 07:33 PM

You know Hully's gonna say something.....prickly. That is what makes him interesting. He was right on the money. The Cullen at 2nd line center experiment is a failure. The Rangers need to make a change there.

Esa 10 01-12-2007 08:15 PM

Brett Hull's best comment was on Hall.

Sam: "Joe, the Rangers must really do something on this PP to get back in the game."

Hull: "What is Hall doing out there then? He's not gonna score."

Classic.

Brooklyn Ranger 01-12-2007 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYR94 (Post 7645421)
I agree with everything Hull said last night. He should be good on NBC if he maintains that honesty. He just tells it like it is.

Let's just say Brett Hull has been honest, candid and outspoken throughout his career. He's not going to stop now just cause he's on (semi) national TV.

VEGASRANGERFAN 01-12-2007 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave4 (Post 7645035)
And Renney must have loved this..."I don't know what Adam Hall is doing out there on a power play"

Thanks Brett...finally someone says what we've all been thinking.

yeah I thought that was pretty funny!

LiquidClown 01-13-2007 01:14 AM

Apparently Sather was listening.....we got the hockey god that is Jason Krog!! WOOOOOOOOOOOO! Go Sather! I think everyone knows what time it is!!!!

PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME :banana::banana::banana:. We got JASON KROG! The wait is over!