HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Trade Proposal-Rangers/Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=332511)

BKBlackRanger 01-15-2007 01:13 AM

Trade Proposal-Rangers/Kings

A. Hall and 2007 4th round pick for C. Conroy...discuss

nyr2k2 01-15-2007 01:36 AM

Pass. Hall should be gone after this season, no reason for us to commit to Conroy's deal (about 1.1M left this season, 2.4 next). The fourth round pick pushes me even farther towards a no. I don't even think Conroy is an upgrade over Cullen, so the deal seems pointless.

I appreciate the proposal though :).

n8 01-15-2007 02:01 AM

I think an impending UFA 2nd line center is the most ideal pickup for us. But a 2 year center might be what we get if the Ranger brass really think both Immonen & Dubinsky won't be ready by next year. I understand them giving Dubi as much ice time as he can get in hartford (is that even true?) this year to round out his game but will he really need another year?

gaglinefan 01-15-2007 07:32 AM

Hall

I have not really appreciated his play; or is it I have seen his lack of play. If we get some value for him go ahead, we need to build a team that contributes.
Plug for Marcel Hossa, he looks better all the time, nice player to have. I don't see Hall as the same type or as good. Jmho...

chosen 01-15-2007 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BKBlackRanger (Post 7672467)
A. Hall and 2007 4th round pick for C. Conroy...discuss

You mean there is another GM as stupid as Sather who still wants Hall? I'd gladly give them Hall for nothing.

Chimp 01-15-2007 09:48 AM

I would certainly trade Hall for Conroy. It also seems like Conroy needs a climate change. I haven't checked Conroy's salary though, so I might change my mind.

KreiMeARiver 01-15-2007 09:53 AM

Hall is terrible. We got hosed. I'd do that trade in a heartbeat.

Hall is just one of the players the Rangers trot out there each night with ZERO offensive talent.

Onion Boy 01-15-2007 10:13 AM

I'd do it if Conroy didn't have another year left on his deal. As it is, I'd still have to think it over, but I don't like the way it handcuffs us to pursuing younger UFA centers this summer.

nyr2k2 01-15-2007 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimp (Post 7673645)
I would certainly trade Hall for Conroy. It also seems like Conroy needs a climate change. I haven't checked Conroy's salary though, so I might change my mind.

Conroy has 2.4M for next season. That's my main problem with the deal. Let's not turn into the Knicks, trading bad contracts for longer bad contracts. Conroy is a perennial 45 point player who had a nice season last year, and now, at 35, I have a hard time believing that a simple change of scenery will put some more fuel in his tank.

We have a fringe-second center in Cullen, why pay Conroy? It's pretty redundant, in my mind. And then throwing in a fourth... why?

As others have said though, I'd give them Adam Hall for free.

danno2530 01-15-2007 01:06 PM

I'll do that in a second. I've always liked Conroy, he's from New York state and Hall has really brought nothing to the team. I really think we need a center for the Shanahan line even though Cullen has played a bit better lately, I'd rather see him on the 3rd.

smoneil 01-15-2007 01:48 PM

I'd do it. We don't get a huge upgrade in Conroy, but we also don't really give up much either. If Dubinski isn't ready next season, we can roll out a spine of Nylander Conroy Cullen Betts. If Dubinski IS ready next season, we can send out Nylander Dubinski Conroy Betts with Cullen on the wing. It would give us some options.

nyr2k2 01-15-2007 01:56 PM

Is no one but myself even remotely hesitant to add a guy who is in decline, 35, AND making 2.4 mil next season, for a guy who may suck but will be gone after this season? And someone, PLEASE, explain to me why we're willing to give up a fourth here?

In 12:46 ATOI, Hall has 11 points and is -13.
In 15:41 ATOI, Conroy has 16 points and is -8.

They both suck! Conroy has been a solid player but is CLEARLY not playing at the same level as he was last season- and is now, as I mentioned, 35 years old. He's owed 2.4M next season and about 1.1 still this season. Hall is making 975,000 total this season and will likely be off the books next season. How does this deal make any sense? I guarantee that Immonen could be at least as effective as Conroy. These are the types of stop-gap moves that we really don't need to be making.

RangerBoy 01-15-2007 02:08 PM

Conroy is not the answer.He isn't a top two line center.He is not an upgrade over Matt Cullen.The only time Conroy was considered a top center was in Calgary playing with Jarome Iginla.In St.Louis,he was not a top center.In LA,Conroy is playing with Sean Avery,Brian Wilsie and Raitis Ivanans.Nearly half of his points have come on the PP.On the Rangers,Conroy will receive 30 seconds of power play time.36 years old next September with a $2.394 million cap number.How does Conroy help the Rangers?

Hockeyplayer99 01-15-2007 05:57 PM

How about instead of Conroy, we try to get UFA from LA Derek Armstrong. Yes he is 33 years old, but we aren't going to give up much for him and he has a good amount of points most being assists. He is prob one of the best options out there that isn't signed for another year