HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Stupid Question (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=332840)

Wachovia Center 01-15-2007 11:25 PM

Stupid Question
 
If anybody knows how to tape the toe of the blade (like Peter Forsberg if you need an example of how it looks), could you please tell me how? I've been curious about how to do this for a while...

Thanks :)

Here's the best picture I could find.

Doctor Hook 01-15-2007 11:50 PM

I don't tape it like that, but I would imagine you just keep taping then bust out the scissors when the toe is wrapped?:dunno:

Wachovia Center 01-15-2007 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doctor Hook (Post 7682565)
I don't tape it like that, but I would imagine you just keep taping then bust out the scissors when the toe is wrapped?:dunno:

I don't think that's it... Thanks though :)

It must be hard to do, as Forsberg is the only person I've ever seen do it, but it's been bugging me for a while now, I figured I'd just ask. :)

Fedz 01-16-2007 12:10 AM

Pretty simple, in fact Doctor Hook kinda nailed it.

Just make sure you continue to tape over the toe keeping it in line and having each strand you go over with on the blade still. Then bring out scissors and and cut the remaining stuff off.

Pretty simple.

tml_4ever 01-16-2007 12:12 AM

I think it's just two layers or tape :dunno:

First you tape horrizontally and then 2nd layer, vertically

Fedz 01-16-2007 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tml_4ever (Post 7682712)
I think it's just two layers or tape :dunno:

First you tape horrizontally and then 2nd layer, vertically

Not as clean and good looking as taping the whole way through, but it can be done that way too.

Happy Pony 01-16-2007 01:55 AM

I do that to my sticks, its not hard at all. Start with a layer that goes from where i will start my tape. Then starting at the back of the heel and going past the bottom first i overlap down towards the toe. Then I keep going and then I tear slits after there is excess (I use a rounded toe) and push one side under, then come over to the backhand and press down. It takes some time and patience but its habit and I like it.

Doctor Hook 01-16-2007 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trlewis4 (Post 7683160)
I do that to my sticks, its not hard at all. Start with a layer that goes from where i will start my tape. Then starting at the back of the heel and going past the bottom first i overlap down towards the toe. Then I keep going and then I tear slits after there is excess (I use a rounded toe) and push one side under, then come over to the backhand and press down. It takes some time and patience but its habit and I like it.

Just curious as to why you tape it like that? Feel? Aesthetics?

Me, I'm a traditional heel to about a half inch from the toe taper. Although I noticed the trend in the NHL these days is about an inch from the heel to the toe or so.

WashCapsfan4life8 01-16-2007 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trlewis4 (Post 7683160)
I do that to my sticks, its not hard at all. Start with a layer that goes from where i will start my tape. Then starting at the back of the heel and going past the bottom first i overlap down towards the toe. Then I keep going and then I tear slits after there is excess (I use a rounded toe) and push one side under, then come over to the backhand and press down. It takes some time and patience but its habit and I like it.

Wondering why u do that too. Is it like for luck or for some kind of better perfomence?

Nbr-17 01-16-2007 01:27 PM

I do it to reduce chipping on the toe of the blade from picking pucks on the boards.

Fedz 01-16-2007 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nbr-17 (Post 7686706)
I do it to reduce chipping on the toe of the blade from picking pucks on the boards.

I do it for better feel with the toe of my stick on the puck. Everyone has their own reason.

stick9 01-16-2007 02:48 PM

I tape my blade like that. I find it improves my puck control.

Happy Pony 01-16-2007 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doctor Hook (Post 7684656)
Just curious as to why you tape it like that? Feel? Aesthetics?

Me, I'm a traditional heel to about a half inch from the toe taper. Although I noticed the trend in the NHL these days is about an inch from the heel to the toe or so.

Just habit, I do it before I go to the rink on gamedays and it helps me focus and get into the right mindset. The look and feel had a little bit to do with it at first, but I saw someone who had their stick taped like that and liked it, so I tried and that's how I figured to do it.

canadian_man_44 01-17-2007 11:40 AM

Here's a better picture of Forsberg and his stick.
http://www.divealanche.com/imagefiles/1a_peterheels.jpg

Methane 01-17-2007 11:42 AM

Coffee burns when it comes out your nose... :D

The Viking Fury 01-17-2007 12:36 PM

LOL I only saw the top half of the picture before scrolling down further...

:biglaugh: this thread certainly is not a commentary on Forsberg, and that is a good picture of his blade lol.

redlighthockey 01-17-2007 02:17 PM

Personally I think the scissors do a better cleaner job. But that's just me. Maybe it's a mind thing but I think it increased my puck control, along with the fact that it reduces wear and tear on the blade. But in the end it all comes down to the fact that it looks cool.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:10 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.