HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   comrie rumour from Team 1200 Ottawa (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=33300)

gvsb 12-04-2003 07:32 AM

comrie rumour from Team 1200 Ottawa

Just driving to work and heard this on the Team 1200 in Ottawa as being the "latest rumour":

Comrie to Ducks for Corey Perry and Anaheim's first round pick in the upcoming draft.

Not sure if this is a rehash of an older rumour or not.

Oiltalk 12-04-2003 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvsb
Just driving to work and heard this on the Team 1200 in Ottawa as being the "latest rumour":

Comrie to Ducks for Corey Perry and Anaheim's first round pick in the upcoming draft.

Not sure if this is a rehash of an older rumour or not.

Actually the old rumor was Perry and a 2nd for Comrie. Perry and a first would be nicer.

s7ark 12-04-2003 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oiltalk
Actually the old rumor was Perry and a 2nd for Comrie. Perry and a first would be nicer.

And still not enough.

Seachd 12-04-2003 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oiltalk

A first would be a lot nicer. But it's still a huge risk for the Oilers. Toss them something else and see if they throw in anything better than (or in addition to) Perry.

AVE MAN 12-04-2003 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s7ark
And still not enough.

I disagree, I really like Perry. Not to mention ANA's first round draft pick could be a good one. With giguerre not playing at the same level he was last season, I don't expect ANA to make the playoffs. There first round pick, along with our first round pick and Perry... we'll be in good shape when hockey resumes in 2005.

USC Trojans 12-04-2003 08:11 AM

Changing the 2nd to a 1st does sound a little more appealing. The Ducks looked atrocious last night, and if this continues, then their pick will be a good one. Perry sounds like a decent prospect as well. With Perry and Brodziak, we'll have one of the leading scorers from both the WHL and the OHL. Just give us Sidney Crosby and we're all set.

Bignasti 12-04-2003 08:18 AM

note of caution

not so long ago we also had the leading scorers in both leagues -Peter Sarno and Chad Hinz -

dawgbone 12-04-2003 08:20 AM

Not to mention the 3 players who won the best defenceman awards in their respective leagues.

Oiltalk 12-04-2003 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seachd
A first would be a lot nicer. But it's still a huge risk for the Oilers. Toss them something else and see if they throw in anything better than (or in addition to) Perry.

I know. That's why I see a defenceman coming back as well, maybe with the Oilers throwing in Laraque or a 2nd rounder. :dunno:

Taco Grande 12-04-2003 08:48 AM

I don't think that trade would be that bad, but it doesn't address the issue of the Oilers being pretty bad right now. I think thats Lowe's first priority, rather then just moving Comrie.

Defensive depth would always be welcome though. :)

Mowzie 12-04-2003 10:10 AM

Perry
Visnevski
1st Rounder
for

Comrie
Laraque
2nd Rounder

serum114 12-04-2003 10:12 AM

I like this deal (Perry and a 1st) were it to go down, and I'll tell you why:

First off, if Lowe can't get a young, NHL-ready D man back in any deal, I don't think he should nab a roster player (unless Salo or one of our surplus forwards are included).

Second, Lowe has always been planning and building post-2004. If that's the case, landing a 6'3" high scoring junior player who was tabbed to go first round in 2003 (were it not for his injury) isn't a bad thing in any way, shape or form.

Third, the pick we get back from Anaheim will likely be in the top 15, possibly even the top 10. Were we to wait until the draft, I doubt we could move Comrie straight up for a top 10 pick (by all reports we couldn't even do it this year).

Finally, it would lift a cloud from over this team. Try as they might, they can't ignore the fact that, post Heritage Classic, media has been circling the Oilers like vultures, waiting for something to happen.

If it gets announced that the Oilers nab Perry and a 1st FOR Comrie, I will be pleased. Not happy, not upset, just pleased. Although the 1st is the key in my eye. If it reverts to that dastardly 2nd rounder rumor, there will be no happiness here.

My 2 cents...

Kevin Forbes 12-04-2003 10:23 AM

Don't want to be a wet blanket on y'all but
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam031204/nhl_ana1-sun.html is the rumor
and read the offer a couple times....it just says Perry

I know it looks like Perry and a first round pick
but it says Perry, OHL leading scorer and a first round pick in last year's draft

FacelessButcher 12-04-2003 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forbesy
Don't want to be a wet blanket on y'all but
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam031204/nhl_ana1-sun.html is the rumor
and read the offer a couple times....it just says Perry

I know it looks like Perry and a first round pick
but it says Perry, OHL leading scorer and a first round pick in last year's draft

The radio was the originator of the rumour not the article