HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   GDT: Nashville @ Columbus 12/04/03 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=33365)

Basher 12-04-2003 11:11 AM

GDT: Nashville @ Columbus 12/04/03
 
We come into this game winning 9 of our last 11...does this mean we ar gonna keep rolling, or roll over to the team of lesser talent? The last couple of road games we haven't looked very good, but come away with wins. Vokoun was a main part of those, and after playing last night, can he keep it up? Here's to hoping we pick it up on the road.

smashviller 12-04-2003 11:14 AM

I personally think that Mason can take this one.

AL-Canadian 12-04-2003 11:29 AM

While I (or any of us probably) can't proof this, I'm sure the Preds get a tad higher or fired up when they see the opposition playing their backup goalie. I sure would hate to give the Jackets any more ammo in their battle with the Preds by having Mason start in goal. I know Vokoun has played a ton but I also think you play your best goalie against teams you really think you can (and should) beat --- don't give away those points. I would tend to play Mason against the Aves, Sens, Flyers type team and if he snagged a victory, double the benefit!! and if he lost, it probably wasn't meant to be in the 1st place.

My feeling is to play Vokoun again - ride the hot hand til he shows he needs a rest (or a game off on a 'wish we could win' type game).

Just my 2cents Canadian here.

Enoch 12-04-2003 12:01 PM

My final exam is tonigh :cry:. Everyone think of me while you are enjoying the game.

GO PREDS :yo: !

jacketracket* 12-04-2003 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basher
We come into this game winning 9 of our last 11...does this mean we ar gonna keep rolling, or roll over to the team of lesser talent? The last couple of road games we haven't looked very good, but come away with wins. Vokoun was a main part of those, and after playing last night, can he keep it up? Here's to hoping we pick it up on the road.

Not trying to start something, but just curious. I've seen a few mentions on the CBJ forum game-day thread about the Preds 'poor road play', and I'm kind of surprised by it, after the BIG wins in Boston and Colorado.

What gives??

Enoch 12-04-2003 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacketracket
Not trying to start something, but just curious. I've seen a few mentions on the CBJ forum game-day thread about the Preds 'poor road play', and I'm kind of surprised by it, after the BIG wins in Boston and Colorado.

What gives??

Big wins that we didn't deserve. We can thank Mr. Vokoun for carrying us through the game.

triggrman 12-04-2003 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enoch
Big wins that we didn't deserve. We can thank Mr. Vokoun for carrying us through the game.

But we played well enough against San Jose and LA to get wins, so it all evens out.

golfmade 12-04-2003 12:37 PM

Is Vokoun in net tonight?

Joe T Choker 12-04-2003 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfmade
Is Vokoun in net tonight?

I believe Vokoun is sitting this one out.

triggrman 12-04-2003 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
I believe Vokoun is sitting this one out.

That sucks, I'm hoping you're wrong.

Radulov for Czar* 12-04-2003 01:16 PM

I wouldn't doubt Mason being in net. Besides, he's gotta play sometime.

Over/under time!

Fights: 3
Predators goals: 4
Blue Jackets goals: 2
total penalty minutes: 86

Larry Fisher 12-04-2003 01:27 PM

just curious...
 
Are either of the newly acquired Safronov or Gamache in your starting line-up?

Can either of them expect to be called up in the near future?

What are Nashvilles lines looking like this season...forwards/defense?

I am going to say you guys will pull through this game by a 5-3 score.

Arkhipov, Legwand, Tootoo, Erat, and Hartnell

Zherdev, Nash, Marchant

Thats all folks

Enoch 12-04-2003 01:32 PM

Kloucek was activated today for the Thrashers. Lets see if he can stay injury free.

triggrman 12-04-2003 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salostyle
Are either of the newly acquired Safronov or Gamache in your starting line-up?

No, one of the reasons Kloucek was traded is we have too many defenseman right now on the NHL level, he would have been sent back down and would have had to clear waivers, so Poile decided to trade him rather than lose him and get nothing in return.

Quote:

Originally Posted by salostyle
Can either of them expect to be called up in the near future?


I doubt we'll see either any time soon. I'd say Upshall and Shishkanov are both going to be called upon before Gamache. On defense we have Neckar and Schnabel getting close to returning to the line-up meaning Allison might be sent back down.

Joe T Choker 12-04-2003 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman
On defense we have Neckar and Schnabel getting close to returning to the line-up meaning Allison might be sent back down.

Good lord I hope Jamie Allison persues his country music career just so he'll quit playing hockey.

predhead1 12-04-2003 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
Good lord I hope Jamie Allison persues his country music career just so he'll quit playing hockey.

Think we can come up with enough spare change to sign him to a recording contract?

golfmade 12-04-2003 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman
That sucks, I'm hoping you're wrong.

I'm not. Let Vokoun rest a night and be ready to go against the Blues on Saturday.

SmokeyClause 12-04-2003 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by predhead1
Think we can come up with enough spare change to sign him to a recording contract?

It's cheaper to buy him a plane ticket to Milwaukee...

SmokeyClause 12-04-2003 01:43 PM

I think our luck runs out and we lose 4-2.

Jarnberg 12-04-2003 01:49 PM

Preds will probably blow it....

golfmade 12-04-2003 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
I think our luck runs out and we lose 4-2.

I have a feeling they'll loose tonight too, but will start the win streak going again on Saturday ;)

SmokeyClause 12-04-2003 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfmade
I have a feeling they'll loose tonight too, but will start the win streak going again on Saturday ;)

That would be a double whammy for you as it would help Detroit AND Nashville.

SmokeyClause 12-04-2003 02:11 PM

Yikes, we are already flat here.

SmokeyClause 12-04-2003 02:15 PM

CMB got away with one there. Walker got high sticked in open ice. Don't know how they missed that one :dunno:

SmokeyClause 12-04-2003 02:23 PM

If we can match their level of intensity, barring bad luck/bad goaltending, we'll beat them. But that's much easier said than done.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:17 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.