HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Rangers intrested in Chris Gratton unreliable rumor (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=333837)

BDubinskyNYR17* 01-18-2007 12:34 PM

Rangers intrested in Chris Gratton unreliable rumor

http://www.freewebs.com/rangerland/rumorsroom.htm hmmm

UAGoalieGuy 01-18-2007 12:37 PM

you left out the part that they are also interested in Todd Bertuzzi lol

Prucha, Montoya, and Immonen going the other way and there could be more added. (For Bertuzzi and Gratton)

I say a big NO!

BDubinskyNYR17* 01-18-2007 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy (Post 7710966)
you left out the part that they are also interested in Todd Bertuzzi lol

Prucha, Montoya, and Immonen going the other way and there could be more added.

I say a big NO!

well it would slove our toughness lol I would deal Immonen, Dawes, Hall, but not Prucha or Montoya.

lotus 01-18-2007 12:41 PM

I do not want bertuzzi by any means.

And i wouldn't trade prucha for anything less than Ovechkin. (slightly sarcastic but i love the kid)

This team gives me a headache.

UAGoalieGuy 01-18-2007 12:41 PM

If the Rangers are willing to give up that much for Bertuzzi, why wont they offer something like that to Tampa for Richards? Bertuzzi is also a UFA at the end of the season I believe. Rediculous! :banghead: :banghead:

BDubinskyNYR17* 01-18-2007 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy (Post 7711036)
If the Rangers are willing to give up that much for Bertuzzi, why wont they offer something like that to Tampa for Richards? Bertuzzi is also a UFA at the end of the season I believe. Rediculous! :banghead: :banghead:

Id rather get Tucker than Gratton. I guess Sather loves underachievers, he had a ton, Toms, Fedyk, Ciger, Fata, Smrek where are they now :biglaugh:

eco's bones 01-18-2007 12:50 PM

Not a big fan of Bertuzzi. Not a big fan of Gratton. No way I'd give up Montoya and Prucha in a deal for either of them but even so I would think that this trade would put us over the cap--even worse than that this is a youth for vet deal and Gratton is a has been and Bertuzzi is pretty iffy too.

McRanger 01-18-2007 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy (Post 7711036)

Probably because its all made up nonsense...

CM Lundqvist 01-18-2007 01:00 PM

Bertuzzi doesn't solve anything, he actually creates more problems. We have to move a winger down, and then drop a winger off of the team onto waivers, and that means either someone's leaving, or a young guy isn't going to get to play at all.

Gratton could be a decent checking center, but can't we try out Immonen first? And also, what will Gratton cost? If it's anything higher than a low level prospect, I say no. I'd give up a 3rd rounder for him, he really doesn't have much value as he's a decent checking center, and that's about it.

nyr7andcounting 01-18-2007 01:00 PM

Bertuzzi sucks.

I'd trade only a pick/prospect for Gratton.

If we deal Prucha and/or Montoya we better get a good freegin player, not some 3rd liners with size.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 01-18-2007 01:22 PM

This is hardly a reliable source.

Fletch 01-18-2007 01:27 PM

Is this 1999?

seems like Chris Gratton rumors have been circling the wagons for a while. Is he in his 30s yet? Seems like he's been around a looong time, but I can remember all the high expectations of a bit 18 year old kid.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 01-18-2007 01:30 PM

Yep. He'll be 32 in July.

Fletch 01-18-2007 01:33 PM

So finally..

we may see him in a Rangers uniform yet! Didn't Sather AND Smith covet him at some point?

CM Lundqvist 01-18-2007 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fletch (Post 7711712)
we may see him in a Rangers uniform yet! Didn't Sather AND Smith covet him at some point?

Many times.

Larry Melnyk 01-18-2007 01:37 PM

Gratton solves very little and is not an upgrade over what we have at 3rd C (should be Betts)...

While I like Bertuzzi better then many on here, Don't think his aquisiton solves much and would make more musical chairs on the lines necessary..And still no 2nd C!!!...An offseason deal would be another story...

SingnBluesOnBroadway 01-18-2007 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fletch (Post 7711712)

He's 32. Aged to perfection and ready to be a Ranger.

CM Lundqvist 01-18-2007 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk (Post 7711783)
Gratton solves very little and is not an upgrade over what we have at 3rd C (should be Betts)...

While I like Bertuzzi better then many on here, Don't think his aquisiton solves much and would make more musical chairs on the lines necessary..And still no 2nd C!!!...An offseason deal would be another story...

Gratton not being an upgrade over Betts is HIGHLY QUESTIONABLE.

He's easily an offensive upgrade, and I think defensively, they're about the same. I really don't think Betts is that great of a defensive-minded center, although he is a good penalty killer.

Bluenote13 01-18-2007 01:56 PM

When TB first had Gratton he looked good on the Wing, very powerful shot. But he never progressed, his offense actually got worse, more inconsistent in only a few short years.

I think Betts is a smarter player than Gratton.

Larry Melnyk 01-18-2007 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GretzNYR99 (Post 7711898)
Gratton not being an upgrade over Betts is HIGHLY QUESTIONABLE.

He's easily an offensive upgrade, and I think defensively, they're about the same. I really don't think Betts is that great of a defensive-minded center, although he is a good penalty killer.

Though Gratton is indeed better offensively, neither he nor Betts is a 2ndC and should nto be considered as such....Just my opionion...As a 3rd C, Gratton is the better offensive player but Betts is faster, a better PK, and as good or better at defense, checking and FO....

Now, if it's for 2nd C, Gratton is a better choice..But if Gratton is the choice, we are in a world of ****...

NYR94 01-18-2007 02:02 PM

Oh God, no not Gratton.

I thought Florida would want to keep him because he's been playing wing on the top line with Jokinen.

CM Lundqvist 01-18-2007 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk (Post 7712050)
Though Gratton is indeed better offensively, neither he nor Betts is a 2ndC and should nto be considered as such....Just my opionion...As a 3rd C, Gratton is the better offensive player but Betts is faster, a better PK, and as good or better at defense, checking and FO....

Now, if it's for 2nd C, Gratton is a better choice..But if Gratton is the choice, we are in a world of ****...

Agreed.

I don't know if he's necessarily faster, I think Gratton throws better checks, and he's definitely much better on faceoffs.

I think for 3rd line center, you'd have to give the nod to Gratton. Even if he isn't the greatest defensive minded center, he still brings more of an all-around game to the table than Betts, who is pretty much strictly an energy player and a penalty killer who is decent at winning faceoffs. Even if the 3rd line is somewhat of a scoring line, I think Gratton can help put up some numbers on there, and that's what I think distinguishes Gratton from a guy like Betts.

And yes... if Gratton is the choice for 2nd line center, we are in a world of ****... well said. :biglaugh: :help:

RangerBoy 01-18-2007 02:16 PM

This must be Ortmeyer/Hall18's blog:help:

CM Lundqvist 01-18-2007 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerBoy (Post 7712253)
This must be Ortmeyer/Hall18's blog:help:

:biglaugh:

shoothepuck 01-18-2007 02:55 PM

Good thing this is an unreliable rumor.