HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Hartnell Trade... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=33414)

Volchenkov 12-04-2003 02:35 PM

Hartnell Trade...

If he's completely untouchable than ignore this thread. What I want to know is what you guys would want in return for Hartnell.

Possible deals cannot include any roster players except for Varada, Shastlivy, Pothier (Hnidy and Leschsyshyn as well but I can't imagine you'd want them).

Would a quanitity package suffice, or would the sens have to package Ray Emery to make the deal work? Vermette is a possibility, but what I really want to know is if a trade is possible involving the above mentioned players, plus a combination of picks/prospects other than Emery and Vermette.

Jarnberg 12-04-2003 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volchenkov
If he's completely untouchable than ignore this thread. What I want to know is what you guys would want in return for Hartnell.

Possible deals cannot include any roster players except for Varada, Shastlivy, Pothier (Hnidy and Leschsyshyn as well but I can't imagine you'd want them).

Would a quanitity package suffice, or would the sens have to package Ray Emery to make the deal work? Vermette is a possibility, but what I really want to know is if a trade is possible involving the above mentioned players, plus a combination of picks/prospects other than Emery and Vermette.

I think that Hartnell is improving alot. He's also developed some chemistry with Legwand and Hall. If they can keep up the chemistry, we got a future solid line. I don't see us trading Hartnell anytime soon.

SmokeyClause 12-04-2003 02:58 PM

I think Hartnell is turning into what Carolina had hoped Eric Cole would become. I'd rather not see him moved. He's on pace for almost a 30-30 season and has looked dominant at times. He was very solid against Carolina and held off D-men with one hand and stickhandled with the other and continued to keep the puck for several seconds at time. It wasn't Bertuzzi but it was impressive. If his game continues to develop, he could be a legit 30 goal scorer in this league.

Volchenkov 12-04-2003 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
I think Hartnell is turning into what Carolina had hoped Eric Cole would become. I'd rather not see him moved. He's on pace for almost a 30-30 season and has looked dominant at times. He was very solid against Carolina and held off D-men with one hand and stickhandled with the other and continued to keep the puck for several seconds at time. It wasn't Bertuzzi but it was impressive. If his game continues to develop, he could be a legit 30 goal scorer in this league.

Oh well. I mean, I think that Hartnell could be the perfect 1st line LW that Ottawa has wanted for a while. Just for discussion sake would a Shastlivy + Emery deal interest you at all? How about a Rachunek + Shastlivy for Hartnell + Klein/Sulzer?

Jarnberg 12-04-2003 03:15 PM

Quote:

Oh well. I mean, I think that Hartnell could be the perfect 1st line LW that Ottawa has wanted for a while. Just for discussion sake would a Shastlivy + Emery deal interest you at all? How about a Rachunek + Shastlivy for Hartnell + Klein/Sulzer?

Hmm.. probably a no on both deals. We have Vokoun and Finley, and the second deal, Nashville would like to keep Klein too.

SmokeyClause 12-04-2003 03:29 PM

Quote:

Definitely not on either. Hartnell alone would likely have to net us both Rachunek and Shastlivy for us to even consider it.

The first deal is of no interest at all.

Hartnell's just not going to be moved. Not in the midst of what might be his breakout season.

SmokeyClause 12-04-2003 03:46 PM

If your watching the BJ's game, you'd know why Hartnell won't be traded. Two posts, an assist, and a disallowed goal.

Volchenkov 12-04-2003 04:14 PM

I wonder if a 3-way deal involving comrie could be worked out... but that's been done waaay too much, so I won't even go there.

Thanks for the feedback guys - I always know that I'll get sane responses from the Nashville fans. I didn't have to read "if you want Hartnell you'll have to overpay with Spezza".

SC: I understand that Hartnell is not up for sale - but if the right deal came along it could be worth it.

SmokeyClause 12-04-2003 04:15 PM

Quote:

SC: I understand that Hartnell is not up for sale - but if the right deal came along it could be worth it.

Agreed. I subscribe to the theory that no player is untradeable. Hartnell is not untradeable but I do think it is unlikely that someone will make an offer the Preds can't refuse.

And the Hartnell assist has been turned into a goal.

Volchenkov 12-04-2003 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
And the Hartnell assist has been turned into a goal.

Well, in that case he is certainly untouchable. :D

;)

SmokeyClause 12-04-2003 04:24 PM

Quote:

Well, in that case he is certainly untouchable. :D

;)

LOL, imagine if he'd had that second goal not disallowed. We'd have to give him the Hart.

dulzhok 12-04-2003 05:44 PM

The only possible way Hartnell will be traded is if a bonafide young scorer is coming the other way. Shastlivy is a bonafide question mark at this point.

Havlat is the only guy that would be feasible (assuming Hossa is totally out of the question). But I would still be hesitant to deal Hartnell. I think he's our most valuable forward at this point.

triggrman 12-04-2003 05:46 PM

agreed.

Radulov for Czar* 12-04-2003 07:16 PM

double agreed (although Spezza WOULD look nice in a mustard 3rd :joker: )