HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Game 5, 93 final footage (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=33419)

JaymzB 12-04-2003 03:09 PM

Game 5, 93 final footage

Does anyone know if and where I could get my hands on the footage of Game 5 of the 93 Finals. I was thinking about if I could get this the other day cause I never got a chance to see it in 1993. I watched every single Habs playoff game that year, every minute of every game (which was a lot of minutes with all the OT games) but I suffered through a power failure right at the start of Game 5 vs. the Kings...DANM IT!!! (old wounds never heal) I had to call my cousin around 10pm to see if they won.

So, if anyone knows if I can get this, it would be appreciated.

Habs 12-04-2003 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaymzB
Does anyone know if and where I could get my hands on the footage of Game 5 of the 93 Finals. I was thinking about if I could get this the other day cause I never got a chance to see it in 1993. I watched every single Habs playoff game that year, every minute of every game (which was a lot of minutes with all the OT games) but I suffered through a power failure right at the start of Game 5 vs. the Kings...DANM IT!!! (old wounds never heal) I had to call my cousin around 10pm to see if they won.

You can contact CBC, for a copy of the original broadcast. They may charge you, but it won't be much.

Larmar 12-04-2003 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaymzB

Ohh! Only a few minutes back I have finished to look this match in record on the tape recorder. What perfect game! I think, that in Canada to find record easier, than in Moscow! I at all know, what still to tell? Good luck!
I hope, that a new victory will soon!!!

tinyzombies 12-04-2003 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs
You can contact CBC, for a copy of the original broadcast. They may charge you, but it won't be much.

If you know something I don't please share. I would love to get tapes from CBC. I have tons of tapes, but I want more. I also have game 5... for the right price... or, preferably for trade, eh?

;)

Element 12-04-2003 07:33 PM

If anyone has a complete series tapped from 93 let me know at streetfighterq@sympatico.ca and ill try and work something out with you. (ive got cash, dvds,games ect..)

Darz 12-05-2003 04:32 AM

Ah.....good memories those were.

I watched game five in a crowded bar, where me, a friend of mine, and one of the bartenders were the only ones rooting for the habs. In some respects I should of celebrated that victory more than I did not realizing that we wouldn't have another cup win for what now seems like an eternity.

Patty Roy 12-05-2003 07:38 AM

I have the entire game on tape, followed by the victory parade the following day (or was it 2 days later?). It's been awhile since i watched that tape...maybe i should pop it in this weekend?

It's funny cause i'm usually pretty superstitious and never tape Habs games...the few times that i had in the past the Habs always got blown out. But i remember being 100% certain that the Habs were going to wrap things up in game 5. Everything was going our way at that point...what with that lethal Dionne/DiPietro duo and such!

L'abstrait 12-05-2003 08:38 AM

[QUOTE=Patty Roy]I have the entire game on tape [QUOTE]
Same here
! :yo: