HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Dec 4 GDT: Kings v. Dallas (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=33438)

David A. Rainer 12-04-2003 04:10 PM

Dec 4 GDT: Kings v. Dallas

Los Angeles Kings (12-10-1-1) v. Dallas Stars (11-11-3-0)

Game time @ 7:30PM PST and can be seen on FSW.

The Battle for the Division II. Playing Dallas twice within the week where the two teams are within 1 point of each other and at the top of the division. The previous battle with Dallas, the Kings did an excellent job of keeping the scoring chances down, WAY DOWN. If the Kings are to win again, they've got to keep the shots from bad angles and clear the front of the net.

Bob A Booey 12-04-2003 04:20 PM

Keeping finger crossed Kings 3 Dallas 2

Straka to get first point as a King

Pallfy and Cammy to get goals

Go Kings

Out! :yo:

Sydor25 12-04-2003 04:36 PM

I going with a surprise win for the Kings 6-2. :D

Straka with the hat trick. Palffy with 5 points.

jfont 12-04-2003 05:25 PM

i'm waiting for tim to make another game day thread...and post there as well.;)

maybe this time we won't be 'jinxed'...lol

Legionnaire 12-04-2003 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfont
i'm waiting for tim to make another game day thread...and post there as well.;)

:rant: :joker: I only started another one because the first was started by a Blues fan, and therefore jinxed

Legionnaire 12-04-2003 05:48 PM

Norstrom out on the PP? Gotta love it.

Winston Wolf 12-04-2003 05:53 PM

That sucks big time for the Kings...

Sydor25 12-04-2003 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legionnaire
Norstrom out on the PP? Gotta love it.

The Kings are now a minus 5 on the special teams. :teach:

Sydor25 12-04-2003 06:01 PM

Why is Zubov allowed to slash Palffy twice on a breakaway and Smithson barely touches Modano and gets a penalty?

I think the NHL needs to go back to the one ref system. It was way more consistant when there was only one ref. The also need to get rid of the stupid instigator rule. That is the dumbest rule that the NHL ever came up with.

Now Belanger just skated into the Dallas zone with Modano hooking and hitting his arms with his stick. Nothing called. :dunno:

What happened to skating back to try and get position on the offensive player? Now you can just use your stick to hinder the opponent. Just disgraceful.

Sydor25 12-04-2003 06:40 PM

Even though no one else is here:

Belanger scores from Frolov!!!

Go Kings Go:handclap:

Legionnaire 12-04-2003 06:41 PM

Belanger...another nice play by Frolov

Legionnaire 12-04-2003 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sydor25
Why is Zubov allowed to slash Palffy twice on a breakaway and Smithson barely touches Modano and gets a penalty?

I think the NHL needs to go back to the one ref system. It was way more consistant when there was only one ref. The also need to get rid of the stupid instigator rule. That is the dumbest rule that the NHL ever came up with.

Now Belanger just skated into the Dallas zone with Modano hooking and hitting his arms with his stick. Nothing called. :dunno:

What happened to skating back to try and get position on the offensive player? Now you can just use your stick to hinder the opponent. Just disgraceful.

That's because Modano's one of the NHL's golden boys. I wouldn't complain too much, it's the same thing we saw go in our favor night in and night out when Gretzky was here. Your most marketable players will always get the calls. It's way it is, and always will be.

Sydor25 12-04-2003 06:44 PM

What a surprise...the Kings get called for High-Sticking. :dunno:

Legionnaire 12-04-2003 06:45 PM

Quote:

What a surprise...the Kings get called for High-Sticking. :dunno:

...and I bet the guy didn't even lose any teeth.

Sydor25 12-04-2003 06:51 PM

Quote:

That's because Modano's one of the NHL's golden boys. I wouldn't complain too much, it's the same thing we saw go in our favor night in and night out when Gretzky was here. Your most marketable players will always get the calls. It's way it is, and always will be.

It's not just the stars that get that treatment anymore. And I'm not just complaining because the call went against the Kings. It's just a total decline in the flow of the game. No one fights for inside position anymore because they don't have to worry about it anymore. They can just use their stick to impede the other player. It's just destroying the NHL game. The big draw of the NHL was the speed of the game and the open ice hits. Now you don't have to hit as much because you can just tug on the other players with your stick to slow them down.

Sorry, still in rant mode from watching games on NHL Center Ice. ;)

It's easier to be objective when watching games without the Kings. :)

LuckyLUC20 12-04-2003 06:54 PM

What happened to Straka?

Bob Miller said he went to the dressing room..

Sydor25 12-04-2003 06:56 PM

Frolov is a man among boys. :yo:

Don't know about Straka. But he's missed parts of both games already. :(

Legionnaire 12-04-2003 06:57 PM

I think a lot of that play is due to expansion. The talent pool has been so depleted that players have used that just to get by. After a while the better players in the league started seeing that they could get away with it, so why not.

Frolov 12-04-2003 07:04 PM

Please tell me Straka is ok

Sydor25 12-04-2003 07:05 PM

Quote:

I think a lot of that play is due to expansion. The talent pool has been so depleted that players have used that just to get by. After a while the better players in the league started seeing that they could get away with it, so why not.

I agree, but it didn't have to happen that way. The intigator rule also made it easier to cheat because you didn't have to worry about having the ***** knocked out of you. I know the league wants to get rid of fighting, but the stick work would get even worse without it.

Sydor25 12-04-2003 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frolov
Please tell me Straka is ok

Reported as a couple of nicks on the arms/hands. Nothing serious...back on the ice.

Legionnaire 12-04-2003 07:19 PM

Quote:

Frolov is a man among boys. :yo:

Agreed!! Any Kings fan who has considered trading him for Carter, Comrie,Guerin or various other people rumored to be available either a)hasn't been watching hockey very long or b) needs to start following another sport, because they just do get it :joker:

punchy1 12-04-2003 07:20 PM

Hello mates! Since it is 6 in the evening on Friday here I can tell you who won the game. Do you want me to? Hey, I am bloody Mickeal Fox in back to the future. I was listening to the game on the net but had connection troubles so I will get the word here. Blasted thing. Are we looking dominant? It sure sounds like Modana is back to her whinning. Frolov is the man and it is about time that Eric Bell has a dandy game or two. My house was invaded by the biggest bloody toads you have ever seen today. Some sort of bleedin migration caused by some river getting blocked. Nasty things.

LuckyLUC20 12-04-2003 07:20 PM

Straka!!!!!!

Sydor25 12-04-2003 07:20 PM

STRAKA!!!! :handclap: