HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   'Mega Jerseys' sell for thousands (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=33451)

Vomiting Kermit* 12-04-2003 06:02 PM

'Mega Jerseys' sell for thousands

http://espn.go.com/sportsbusiness/ne...rtnersite=espn

The winner (he lives in Edmonton) of the Gretzky jersey for $26,600 also got the Messier one for $9,600.

By the way, all prices in the article are in USD.

LawnDemon 12-05-2003 08:28 AM

holy crap.

i wish i could waste money like that. of course, if i had that kind of coin i'd probably be loading up on cocaine and hookers - not sweaty hockey jerseys.

H-Bear 12-05-2003 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LawnDemon
holy crap.

i wish i could waste money like that. of course, if i had that kind of coin i'd probably be loading up on cocaine and hookers - not sweaty hockey jerseys.

You'd buy cocaine and sex; while I would prefer to waste that kind of cash in bribing other GMs (with cash, or force - hired goons) to give us their star players for Comrie.

creative giant* 12-05-2003 08:37 AM

I was checking the ebay auction of the jersey's from the 'two point' game and there's some decent prices for an NHL jersey there. Smyth's jersey is curerntly the most of the Oil jerseys at $796.00.

Or you can get a Peter Sarno "game worn" jersey. It's at $91.00. It was at $52.00 yesterday and I was thinking of bidding for it. That would've been a great price for an authentic NHL jersey.

JERSEY AUCTION

dawgbone 12-05-2003 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMenace
I was checking the ebay auction of the jersey's from the 'two point' game and there's some decent prices for an NHL jersey there. Smyth's jersey is curerntly the most of the Oil jerseys at $796.00.

Or you can get a Peter Sarno "game worn" jersey. It's at $91.00. It was at $52.00 yesterday and I was thinking of bidding for it. That would've been a great price for an authentic NHL jersey.

JERSEY AUCTION

The reserve bid for Sarno's Jersey hasn't been met, which means that you won't necessarily get it fo $91.

By looking around, the reserve appears to be about $200.00 US... which is still a great price for an authentic game worn jersey... but not of a player you may or may not want.

creative giant* 12-05-2003 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawgbone
The reserve bid for Sarno's Jersey hasn't been met, which means that you won't necessarily get it fo $91.

By looking around, the reserve appears to be about $200.00 US... which is still a great price for an authentic game worn jersey... but not of a player you may or may not want.

Ahh, that makes sense. I didn't look at the reserve bids.

dawgbone 12-05-2003 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMenace
Ahh, that makes sense. I didn't look at the reserve bids.

That'll get ya every time ;)

I am not sure why they wouldn't sell them anyways, the money is all going to charity, they can't be that picky, especially with the Gretz Jersey picking up 26G's.

dawgbone 12-05-2003 09:09 AM

I think big Valley's mom is bidding too... his is currently the 7th highest priced jersey.

Oilerguy 12-05-2003 09:44 PM

Does anyone know where I can see a complete list of how much the Oiler jerseys sold for?

dawgbone 12-06-2003 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oilerguy
Does anyone know where I can see a complete list of how much the Oiler jerseys sold for?

I don't think any of the NHL ones have been won yet... I think the Theodore one is at like 1500 or 1600...

I had Reasoners for a bit, Same with Semi's, but now they are both over 200, and the Semi one I think the guy put a pretty high max bid on it.

I have the Salmo one right now (though it hasn't met the reserve bid, so I may or may not get it).